Post your mods!

Comments

• CaffeineMeCaffeineMe Cedar Rapids, IA
    edited July 2005
    Last pic of ammo can
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited July 2005
    AWESOME! Thats so pimp. I love it. Thats the same motherboard I'm looking to upgrade with! I've heard it being used a LOT lately, so it should work great for me!
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    nice work, think about painting your optical drive face plates and fan grills to match the color?
  • CaffeineMeCaffeineMe Cedar Rapids, IA
    edited July 2005
    No, I'm going to keep the drives and grills as is. I want it to look like a PC built into an ammo can, not a PC disguised as an ammocan.

And the grills, with red lights behind them (washed out by the flash) look SWEET as is.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    Dig the ammo can! You're giving me ideas... :D
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    Here's a tiny mod I did to my Logitech MX700, the base is next. Quality is castrated for internet use, of course. :D

I'm not too happy with how the final product came out, not enough shine. I'd like it to jump out at you, so I'll be re-priming it with white paint first. The metal flakes should show up better on top of white, and the blue anodizing on top will be re-sprayed with a clear coat to give it a nice shine and prevent the paint from wearing thin in some select areas.

untitled1tp.jpg

It looks better in real life, of course. The Magic mousepad is a gift from a friend who managed to make his way into e3 for me, I have no connections to the game nor do I have much patience for any in the fantasy genre, so don't ask. :D
    edited July 2005
    neato
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    Here's a few of mine. Most, Ive gone through and added led fans, 12" cold cathode or UV bar lights, tied off all wiring, & added rounded color or UV cables.
    The one with the dragon window was my first window & 120mm fan mod.
    Office desk finished...
    officesetup5ox.jpg

Office Rig 1......
    officerig12sg.jpg

Office Rig 1 Lit closeup.....
    officerig1litcloseup1vm.jpg

Office Rig 2 ......
    officerig22vn.jpg

Office Rig 2 closer look at modded window & 120mm fan on top.....
    officerig2mods6ln.jpg

Office Rig 2 Modded Window........
    officerig2moddedwindow0yc.jpg

Living Room Rig............
    rig129fn.jpg

Living Room Rig closeup with my pal overseeing the shots to make sure they're right..........
    rig13ql.jpg

Wifeys Rig -Living Room................
    wifeysrig15lo.jpg

Wifeys Rig light shot.......She likes green........
    wifeysrig36op.jpg
    edited July 2005
    cool cool - i wish i had that much money to spend on my comp! :)
  • RiversCuomoRiversCuomo Missouri New
    edited July 2005
    First one is the front of my PC with the AMD 64, eVGA and Zalman sticker on it. Dont mind the mis-matching colors of my drives :shakehead
    Second pic. is with the side window off, just doesnt do justice to how clean it is in there...
    edited July 2005
    And here's the side view with the door on.

***Thank you to Smalls for the digital camera that was used for all my pics***
    edited July 2005
    awesome!

You can take out that beige drive, take the front bezel off, and spraypaint it. it worked on my old comp!
  • SmallsSmalls Boring Missouri
    edited July 2005
    Rivers, Your comp looks great I like the different color drives :D I wish you the best luck with it :thumbsup: and not a problem for the camera ;)

Smalls
    edited July 2005
    awesome!

You can take out that beige drive, take the front bezel off, and spraypaint it. it worked on my old comp!

It was suppose to be grey anyways! I bought the damn thing at CompUSA and they had all the same make/model with diff colors. One was beige, one was black and one was grey. I bought the grey one,but in small bold print it says "Color may vary." Now, why the hell would they put the color on the box and list it as grey but then give me a beige one...? Oh the morons at CompUSA! I've always had bad experiences with spray painting things...they usually get all sticky.
    edited July 2005
    hahah... that is pretty stupid!!
    I've always had bad experiences with spray painting things...they usually get all sticky.
    oh ok thats understandable
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    cool cool - i wish i had that much money to spend on my comp! :)

Oh, Believe me, It's taken a few yrs of saving up parts, trading,etc, to get them all. Not to mention every time I upgrade inlaws, brothers, friends pc's, I get the leftovers. As a matter of fact--I just got an AMD K6-2 550 box built by Vega, from inlaws. I built them a new one --AMD 1.2 T-Bird system. They just scan the net, write a few letters, fax once in a while, and play a few card games, so that works well for them.

Nice system Rivers. I haven't made the transition to 64 bit yet. Pic's look fine.
    As for the sticky painting, I've got the cure bud.....Always use
    Krylon Fusion. It's made specifically for painting plastics. Never drys sticky.
    You can get it at most auto parts stores.
    edited July 2005
    oh cool

I'm going to try to upgrade my mobo and cpu to socket 939 amd 64 towards the end of the year! i cant wait!!
    edited July 2005
    Hawk wrote:
    Oh, Believe me, It's taken a few yrs of saving up parts, trading,etc, to get them all. Not to mention every time I upgrade inlaws, brothers, friends pc's, I get the leftovers. As a matter of fact--I just got an AMD K6-2 550 box built by Vega, from inlaws. I built them a new one --AMD 1.2 T-Bird system. They just scan the net, write a few letters, fax once in a while, and play a few card games, so that works well for them.

Nice system Rivers. I haven't made the transition to 64 bit yet. Pic's look fine.
    As for the sticky painting, I've got the cure bud.....Always use
    Krylon Fusion. It's made specifically for painting plastics. Never drys sticky.
    You can get it at most auto parts stores.
    Alright, thanks a lot. I'll definetely look into that, nice rigs by the way!
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    cradpuetr010.jpg
    cradpuetr009.jpg
    cradpuetr008.jpg
    cradpuetr007.jpg
    cradpuetr005.jpg
    cradpuetr004.jpg
    cradpuetr003.jpg
    cradpuetr001.jpg
    edited July 2005
    wow it looks really awesome, but i dont even know what half of that stuff is!! It looks really awesome though!!
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited July 2005
    Awesome work ][V][AGIC. I am amazed you got a full h2o kit into such a small case! Truely awesome! :thumbsup:
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    lemonlime wrote:
    Awesome work ][V][AGIC. I am amazed you got a full h2o kit into such a small case! Truely awesome! :thumbsup:
    Definitely! That's some precise work in a small space. :thumbsup:
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    I am lovin the Fruity Pebbles Mod
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited July 2005
    Decided to improve the airflow on 2 new cases before using them. :)

Quite happy the way they turned out. (much better than my first effort). :rolleyes:

2 cases, 1 done and 1 before pic.
    edited July 2005
    Couple more. :)
    edited July 2005
    ah cool- nice job. What did you buy to do that?
    edited July 2005
    Used a dremel with a small cutting disk.

Got an old cd as a guide and cut inside the line to give it correct size for a 120mm fan.

Used a rubber trim with chrome on one side from an auto spares place.
    Figured if there is less resistance it has to be cooler and quieter. :)
    edited July 2005
    oh ok - i was wondering how you did the rubber outside trim. Great job :)
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    Nice job ][V][AGIC, I'm with the others on astonishment of getting all that into the small box. That's one jam packed casemod.

dragonV8, Nice job on opening up that case for the fans.
    And good touch with the chromed rubber trim on them.
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited July 2005
    This is about the only 'real' visible casemod I've done. Used a dremmel to mount the BIX2 to the inner top of my case. I used case window mod rubber as the surround. Looks pretty good, and allows a lot of air out. Acts almost like a big blowhole. :D