Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    UPSLynx wrote:
    Everyone always cries glitch.
    It's just a GoldenEye ripoff.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    If we're going to start whitelisting people we don't know I'd like to change my vote on the llamamod thread to "yes."
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    So, there's this: The lag on the server is bad. It's unplayable in this state. Is there a solution in the works? Is it simply bad network code? I don't think it was this bad before, but perhaps we just didn't notice without the danger elements...
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Lag is a serious issue if more than 5 people want to play at the same time. Not complaining too much, just saying. As far as new IC people wanting to be whitelisted, I vote make them all admins, should be good times.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Just struck Diamond on the new map. 5 Shiny little bastards.

:-D

Edit: Again! 4 more!

-Digi
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    CB wrote:
    So, there's this: The lag on the server is bad. It's unplayable in this state. Is there a solution in the works? Is it simply bad network code? I don't think it was this bad before, but perhaps we just didn't notice without the danger elements...
    If you would like to help me figure out what is different, that would be great. I spent 2 hours Sat morning trying to put MC on a different machine here at the house, but for some reason, I couldn't connect to it anymore when I did.
    The "old" world was hosted on any of 3 machines over the last 3 months or whatever since it has been in my control and I don't understand why it would complain about being on a different box now all of the sudden.

Still trying to work out if the code changed that much or if it has something to do with my equipment here.

EDIT: Also, there were 3 to 7 people on almost all day Saturday. I checked in with them a couple times throughout the day and they said things were manageable, not perfect but manageable. CB you must have been one of 7 or 8 for it to be unplayable.

Tatty, you have been added.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Ryder, when I got on after you updated it to 128 (I think), there were 6-8 people on and experienced the bad lag. I downloaded a hey0 and vanilla server package and had 5 people on both and experienced the same issues. That doesn't help, but it does seem to be related to updates, not boxes
    edited December 2010
    Server is back online, please tell me if performance is any better.

Going to leave it where it is for the day, hopefully several of you will be able to be on and see if it is better.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    Just struck Diamond on the new map. 5 Shiny little bastards. Edit: Again! 4 more!

Sweet! Yeah I made a mine out of a mountainside fort, and found lava. Sure enough, a vein of 8 (holy cow) diamond blocks were found. I was pretty damn happy. Was able to make a diamond pick, shovel, and sword. :D
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Struck about 5 lava chambers in my mine today, hello obsidian farm!
  • rolleggrollrolleggroll Next to a bowl of rice
    edited December 2010
    Shoutouts to Prag, TT & Basil. Thank you very much for helping me get unstuck earlier today on Drasnor's fence. Don't worry Drasnor, i put the fences back so nothing is ruined.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Shoutouts to Prag, TT & Basil. Thank you very much for helping me get unstuck earlier today on Drasnor's fence. Don't worry Drasnor, i put the fences back so nothing is ruined.

That same fence tried to eat me the other day as well. Ended building a temp bridge out of dirt to get over it.

I cried a river first before I built the bridge, though. :buck:
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    You know, if you go inside you can walk down the hallway, make a right, and come out at the gravel pit on the opposite side of the lake. You can also jump off the outer hull of the ship and land in the lake.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    The lag seems okay right now, but I don't know how many others are currently logged in.
    edited December 2010
    48 hours later and I give you the new Icrontinent:

North is down left: http://www.ryderocz.info/minecraft/new_ic/north_down_left.png

North is up right: http://www.ryderocz.info/minecraft/new_ic/north_up_right.png
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Awesome!
  • TattyTatty Norway
    edited December 2010
    Thank you, RyderOCZ!<cite class="ic-username"></cite>
  • DickCoxDickCox Sunnyvale, CA
    edited December 2010
    So tonight I drank a bottle of wine plus 3 or 4 Bud Lights (see my post about my drink called Bud Wine) and I decided I was going to troll my roommate Bobby (UPSLynx) by buying Minecraft and joining the server he was using without telling him. After fighting Paypal and possibly divulging my information to a fraudulent website I eventually got Minecraft paid for, then dug through our ddwrt router by searching for the Minecraft port number to figure out the IP of the server he was using, the magically showed up in his server. Great reaction.
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Annes wrote:
    If we're going to start whitelisting people we don't know I'd like to change my vote on the llamamod thread to "yes."

^^ this
    edited December 2010
    That is like saying, if we start letting people into Icrontic that we don't know, I might have to leave.

Uhh, isn't that how pretty much everyone got here? Through some game or another?

Define "people we don't know", does the person being let in have to be known by at least 10 people on Icrontic or what?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    At least Ryder gets it.
    edited December 2010
    With all the rage that already occurred, I think people just want a check on brand new people. I don't care much because I don't have much invested, due to my lack of decent connection to the server as of yet.
    edited December 2010
    Re: the connection issues.

It may very well be, like every other game you try to host, that residential DSL is just not capable of handling more than 5 people at once.

I have no idea the BW requirements of Minecraft, but with only .65 MBit upstream bandwidth, that may be the whole issue.

Anyone with 1.5 - 2MBps up going to volunteer to host?
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    I can give it a shot. I've got 2Mbit up and 8GB of RAM. I'll get things set up and PM you tonight, ryder.
    edited December 2010
    I moved it over to my workstation yesterday to see if it was the board/NIC, but now that I think about it, the 2 boards share the same NIC (realtek PCIE).

Still want to try it on the P5Q, may just go for the 790 and see how the Nvidia network handles it.
    edited December 2010
    Ryder, I hosted it on my box with 25/15 fios line and had the same issues on both a hey0 server and a vanilla Minecraft server (once there were more than 3 people connected)
    edited December 2010
    Tushon wrote:
    Ryder, I hosted it on my box with 25/15 fios line and had the same issues on both a hey0 server and a vanilla Minecraft server (once there were more than 3 people connected)
    Well boo, I saw you post that, but I missed the part about a 25/15 FIOS connection (or it wasn't in that post).
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    It's interesting to note that we never had lag problems on the server when I ran it, even with 10+ people playing. I wonder what has happened to the project since then.
    edited December 2010
    I also heard pretty much zero complaints when it first moved over here (which was still when you could find 8 to 12 people on a night, good point.

I wonder if the addition of damage, etc has caused a necessity for more data from server to client?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Sure. I know for a fact that all the damage calculation is now handled server-side.
This discussion has been closed.