Official Icrontic Minecraft Server

Comments

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    RootWyrm wrote:
    Who then apparently caused the server to explode using a combination of Creepers and TNT to excavate Pedobear Island*. :(

* - Despite being a peninsula, IT'S AN ISLAND, DAMNIT.

I happen to know you have plenty of TNT to change the status of the "island" :rockon:

It crashed for Gate and I also. Pretty sure it wasn't anything to do with your TNT.

-Digi
    edited November 2010
    The Dark Castle gate looks great.

Also Snow on the Icrontinent!

-Digi
  • rolleggrollrolleggroll Next to a bowl of rice
    edited November 2010
    Wait does this mean there is a brand new generated map? Can we take damage and die in this one?
  • RootWyrmRootWyrm Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    Gentlemen, as Skynet is currently broken, and the ocean appears to be normalized, I would propose the construction of a new Skynet to be built at a standardized height as compared against ocean height. One which is lower than the current one to avoid the problem we've got now.

Also, we crashed it again and I need some Springs.
    edited November 2010
    Wait does this mean there is a brand new generated map? Can we take damage and die in this one?

No and No, the former will happen when the latter does.

Because of the update there are now Biomes so if you go outside the map generated before the update there is a possibility of different biomes.

-Digi
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    Crashed what and what is the problem with Skynet?
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    The max hight was lowered, so parts of Skynet are inaccessible because they're too high.
  • UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    The game wont log in for me. Anyone else having the same issue? It keeps timing out.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    So to clarify about "max height", am I correct when I assume that blocks placed before the new limit will remain, but there's now an invisible "ceiling" that prevents our characters from reaching the previously-highest blocks?
    edited November 2010
    UPS Hitman wrote:
    The game wont log in for me. Anyone else having the same issue? It keeps timing out.

Yeah, I'm having the same issue too... oh Uncle Ryder~~!!
    edited November 2010
    Basil, Rootwyrm, and Rex are currently playing and connected..............no they are not, the console was lying.

Restarted......

grrrr, a patch that is smoother can't come too soon.
    edited November 2010
    Gate28 wrote:
    The max hight was lowered, so parts of Skynet are inaccessible because they're too high.

Exactly. I'm thinking the easiest fix is to find a lower height and standardize it, so that all of Skynet is the same height and we don't run into this again (hopefully.)
    edited November 2010
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    Basil, Rootwyrm, and Rex are currently playing and connected..............no they are not, the console was lying.

Restarted......

grrrr, a patch that is smoother can't come too soon.

Just tried to log in, and no dice. Times out still. :(
    edited November 2010
    Router reset, changed more stuff on the NIC as recommended in some threads.

Try it again.
    edited November 2010
    Victoly! We be online again.
    May be wise to schedule automatic restarts? :/
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    Skynet already had a standardized max height that it was built to. The max height change was something I pointed out the day the update went live and the server was updated.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    RootWyrm wrote:
    I would propose the construction of a new Skynet to be built at a standardized height as compared against ocean height.

Yeah....have you any idea how long it took to make the current one? If you want to rebuild it go right ahead. I may even make you a medal with my new crayons, glue, and glitter for doing so. I'd say it's not worth the time though and just wait for the new server to work on it. Let's call it SkyWEB! :D
    edited November 2010
    Lighting is going to be at a premium once torches don't last forever and lanterns are expensive. We may consider a "NotSoHigh Net" similar to Rex's wood tunnels. Gets the job done and lit so Monsters wont spawn.

I also suggest a central hub for our walking network. Maybe we claim land and build IC Castle in the middle and all branch out from there.

-Digi
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    Lighting is going to be at a premium once torches don't last forever and lanterns are expensive.

Not if the blocks from Hell burn forever when lit. I'm already planning on building "Canti's Rainbow Unicorn Funhouse" in Hell. I can mine them all day and bring them back out. I like the idea of building IC castle first and branching out from there.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    I just want to reset the server so all this urban sprawl and broken shit goes away. :(
    edited November 2010
    And I want working mine carts but I guess that's too much to ask for in a game about mining.
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    Lighting is going to be at a premium once torches don't last forever and lanterns are expensive. We may consider a "NotSoHigh Net" similar to Rex's wood tunnels. Gets the job done and lit so Monsters wont spawn.

I also suggest a central hub for our walking network. Maybe we claim land and build IC Castle in the middle and all branch out from there.

-Digi

I'd suggest a small shelter city, walled and lit for guaranteed safety, and people can go build their creations away from the town at their own risk?
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    does anyone else ever have problems picking up seedlings?

I can walk right over them, and I don't pick them up.
    edited November 2010
    does anyone else ever have problems picking up seedlings?

I can walk right over them, and I don't pick them up.

Are you talking about the seeds you get from grass? If so, I've had this problem before. When using the hoe to dig down the grass, some seeds that pop out just cannot be grabbed, and other players can't see these "phantom seeds".

If you were talking about saplings, which spawn from tree leaves that are broken up or decayed from free-standing without the support of a tree, then no I haven't had that problem yet.
    edited November 2010
    Canti wrote:
    I'd say it's not worth the time though and just wait for the new server to work on it. Let's call it SkyWEB! :D

Uh, yeah. I kinda forgot to mention the "waiting for new server" part of it. :dunce:
    Also missed the post about it being normalized height - looked to me though like height did vary.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    Thrax wrote:
    I just want to reset the server so all this urban sprawl and broken shit goes away. :(

I was thinking the same thing. If this broken nature is any indication, however, a reset isn't worth it until they actually fix things.

I want to play Minecraft MP the way it was meant to be played SO BADLY.
    edited November 2010
    hsudlf.png
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    When skynet was constructed there was no set height the only requirement was how many blocks below the max height what you built had to be. This allowed people to build lower sections but not higher sections.
    edited November 2010
    _k_ wrote:
    When skynet was constructed there was no set height the only requirement was how many blocks below the max height what you built had to be. This allowed people to build lower sections but not higher sections.

I was pondering two major factors in proposing a standardized height and setup;
    1) Less pain if the ceiling gets lowered again, HOPEFULLY.
    2) MINE CARTS!
    Yes, MINE CARTS. You see, if we were to build at a flat height with a width of 2 or 3 blocks, we can lay down tracks and do away with walking. We can ride (and transport mass quantities) in style. :)
  • PacifistoPacifisto Turnip Extraordinaire Michigan Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    RootWyrm wrote:
    I was pondering two major factors in proposing a standardized height and setup;
    1) Less pain if the ceiling gets lowered again, HOPEFULLY.
    2) MINE CARTS!
    Yes, MINE CARTS. You see, if we were to build at a flat height with a width of 2 or 3 blocks, we can lay down tracks and do away with walking. We can ride (and transport mass quantities) in style. :)

The mine carts were in the plans from the start - mostly for racing.
This discussion has been closed.