The "what phone is coming next?" thread

Comments

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    QCH, Lynx - at this point you're close enough to wait. But if anyone was in the situation of waiting longer, I'd say just get an eBay phone and resell it when the new hotness comes along.

I mean hell, you can get a Galaxy S for less than $150 and resell it for a small loss, and not deal with inconvenient nonsense in the meantime.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    So it would appear that Verizon is taking some peoples' accounts and turning on their upgrade early (less the NewEvery2 discount, which is down to like $30, anyway, so it's not that relevant).

I checked my account this afternoon and sure enough, 2-year pricing on all phones available.

So as soon as my 4-4.5" 1.2+GHz dual-core Samsung-sourced 720p SAMOLED++ LTE phone becomes available, that sucker's mine!

Of course, I'm also tempted to snag an iPhone5 pre-order and sell that thing at $retail+ when it drops.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Latest rumor is that the iPhone 5 is a Sprint exclusive. Aaaahahaha, so rich. It's quite possibly true.

//EDIT: Nexus Prime is not likely to be SAMOLED+, but SAMOLED HD. SAMOLED HD is 720p PenTile. It's not known if the high DPI of such a display will mask all the dumb visual artifacts associated with PenTile.
    edited October 2011
    That would be 100% hilarious.

It would be as if 100,000 fanboys suddenly cried out in terror and were silenced.
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Thrax wrote:
    Latest rumor is that the iPhone 5 is a Sprint exclusive. Aaaahahaha, so rich. It's quite possibly true.

//EDIT: Nexus Prime is not likely to be SAMOLED+, but SAMOLED HD. SAMOLED HD is 720p PenTile. It's not known if the high DPI of such a display will mask all the dumb visual artifacts associated with PenTile.

Are you being serious when you say it's quite possibly true? I can't tell. I was thinking of getting my wife an iPhone 5 for xmas but I'm AT&T so I guess that is potentially out. We shall see I suppose.
    edited October 2011
    Yes, I am serious. Don't be surprised if you wake up tomorrow and find that Sprint gets the iPhone 5, AT&T and VZW get the iPhone 4S and T-Mobile gets nothing.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Looks like T-Mobile's Samsung Galaxy S II (Hercules) will be out next Monday. I swear... phones make me feel like an 18-year old kid trying to navigate the world with hormones coursing through my brain.

So... in the hormone-driven mind of an 18 year old, do I take the really nice and easy to talk to chick out next Monday or hold out for the possibility of a date with the hottest chick out there sometime next month... Hormones say get it now and worry about the later part, well, later. The logical side says hold out because the nice girl will still be there as a backup.

If I get neither because I sat too long on the fence, which is more true to how I rolled back in high school, I'll hate myself.
    edited October 2011
    The TMo sgs2 is no better than any other Qualcomm-based phone that's shipped all year. Aside from the screen, it's basically an overclocked Sensation 4G with a Samsung skin.

Just wait for the Prime to see what happens, then decide from there.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    If i5 is a Sprint exclusive, are the fanboys really going to jump ship just to get their hands on it?

[hipster]I was on Sprint before it was cool[/hipster]
    edited October 2011
    The only real impetus to jump to Sprint for iPhone is that it will be the only iPhone available with truly unlimited data.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    So much for i5 exclusivity.
    edited October 2011
    Updated from sunny Philadelphia.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Wait, I read the press roundups as iPhone 4S being a Sprint exclusive. no?
    edited October 2011
    Neg, Sprint was just added to the roster.
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    I got me a Samsung Galaxy S II. It's pretty rad.
    edited October 2011
    My dreams may have come true. If this report is accurate. The Galaxy Nexus/Nexus Prime will be a true Nexus device on Verizon's LTE:

http://www.bgr.com/2011/10/06/samsung-galaxy-nexus-full-specs-revealed-verizon-wireless-exclusive/
  • TrumandrummerTrumandrummer Taylor Michigan Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Ahhhh

Should I get the Galaxy Nexus or the HTC Vigor ?

I love the looks of the HTC vigor, and I have always liked HTC's Sense UI.

But the Galaxy Nexus, is looking pretty beast....
    and the software updates will come waaaay quicker. I just hope that the Galaxy Nexus looks good. I don't want an ugly phone, with great specs.

Ill probably buy whatever one comes out first. Ive been waiting too long for a new phone.
    edited October 2011
    Vigor will be inferior. Count on it. Worse CPU, no ICS, etc.
    edited October 2011
    Thrax wrote:
    Vigor will be inferior. Count on it. Worse CPU, no ICS, etc.

Well then it better come before the Vigor, cuz im getting impatient :D

Is the 4.65" screen 100% confirmed?
    Because that gonna be a beauty. A 4.65'' "samoled" with a 720p resolution... dear god.. Im interested in seeing the Vigor's screen. Just because its also 720p, does not mean that it will look as good as that samoled.

Ice Cream Sandwich sounds good also... If this phone really does release in October, its mine.

--

According to this article posted earlier, the Oct 11th event that many were hoping would be the announcement, has been delayed. :(:(http://www.crn.com.au/News/276147,galaxy-nexus-and-ice-cream-sandwich-launch-axed.aspx
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    samsung-google-nexus-prime2.jpg

unf
    edited October 2011
    ooo that is nice...
    edited October 2011
    Show me a little LTE sign on that notification bar and I'm sold.
    edited October 2011
    You're sold even if there isn't a little LTE icon.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    I'm sold.... as soon as they sell it!!!
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    I'm sold if it's available for Verizon.
    edited October 2011
    Here is a another, similar shot of it

nexus24.jpg

I love this phone, I love its design so far, and I loved the specs...

I just don't understand how there is two different spec sheets going around.
    Some websites are claiming that it has a 1.5ghz dual core, and an 8mp camera.

And other websites are claiming that it has a 1.2 ghz dual core and a 5mp camera.

I really don't see Samsung putting a 5mp camera in a flasgship phone. 5mp is old. My OG droid is 5mp and its 3 years old.

And even if it had a 1.2Ghz DC instead of 1.5Ghz, that wouldn't be that big of a deal to me. But the 5mp camera would be.

I just hope those sites are wrong.
    edited October 2011
    Thrax wrote:
    You're sold even if there isn't a little LTE icon.

Actually, no. I've tasted LTE and I refuse to go back.
    edited October 2011
    Well tomorrow should be a big day for Android....

Galaxy Nexus / ICS announcement. :D:D:D

Also the Motorola Droid Razr announcement... even though me and Moto don't get along much anymore.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    T-Mobile needs some phone love. GS2 is solid, but more choices, plz. With keyboards.
    edited October 2011
    Not a single flagship smartphone in the next 6 months is shipping with a keyboard. Writing's on the wall, keyboard fans.