Overwatch

Comments

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited July 2016

Blizz has indicated they don't want to do too much with DoTs in Overwatch due to it being "unfun," so I'd be surprised to see more DoTs on a new character.

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

I checked ingame and those canisters are the same ones that Soldier 76 uses. I guess the one with a rounded core that the regular canister is pointing to is a grenade form or something.

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

SOMBRA SNIPER HEALER CONFIRMED

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

It was also pointed out that the Brazillian twitter account posted a different image:

This one lists "A. Amari" on the document, which likely means "Ana Amari", Sombra's real name (also, Pharah's mother).

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

As a person who plays a huge DoT class (albeit in another Blizzard game)... DoTs are super fun :(

• FettBaconFettBacon Viscount Icrontian

@UPSLynx said:
    This one lists "A. Amari" on the document, which likely means "Ana Amari", Sombra's real name (also, Pharah's mother).

Isn't she supposed to be dead?

@FettBacon said:

@UPSLynx said:

That's the theory. But then again, as we've seen with Widowmaker, Talon is able to do some messed up stuff to people and alter their physiology and such. Guess we're gonna find out.

• AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian

The idea of an old lady playable character is delightful.

GnomeQueenStrikes
  • NullenVoydNullenVoyd Orlandish Icrontian
    edited July 2016

@Annes said:

Very agree! Evolve was introducing some diverse mostly non-sexualized female characters and it was refreshing to see. Maybe Bliz makes more money by marketing being able to play a pair of shiny butts, but I'm hoping the direction behind chars like Zarya, continues.

• FettBaconFettBacon Viscount Icrontian

@Annes said:

Mercy is like 90 years old or something crazy

• _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian

@FettBacon said:
    Mercy is like 90 years old or something crazy

hothot

UPSLynx

She's old but looks young cuz NANOMACHINES.

• trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian

I hope they add a burst healer

• ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian

_kGnomeQueenBobbyDigiCanti
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited July 2016

I don't have battlenet friends because I've never been into WOW, and Torchlight was my new Diablo, but now that TF3 is on there and I splurged on it, I need friends... Be my friend? KillaCliff is my name, cartoon fragging is my game.

To Clarify, I'm KillaCliff#1494

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

@Cliff_Forster said:
    I don't have battlenet friends because I've never been into WOW, and Torchlight was my new Diablo, but now that TF3 is on there and I splurged on it, I need friends... Be my friend? KillaCliff is my name, cartoon fragging is my game.

You need to tell us your battlenet id. It's probably something like KillaCliff#1234 or whatever. I would put mine in here, but I'm forgetting it at the moment.

Cliff_Forster
  • Ahhhh. I'm sorry you are correct it is KillaCliff#1494 - But let's get this straight, I'm the one and only despite this bizarre number system.

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian

Overwatch revelation.

I was a damned good 20 FPS Tracer.

60FPS I'm bloody unstoppable. This is actually amazing.

ZanthianRahnalH102
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian

Is there a badge for 6vs6 custom game overwatch with IC peeps? Because we just did that and it was awesome.

RyanFodderLevex
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

Random Hero FTW

FettBaconZanthian
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2016

Looks like she might be the DoT hero you've been looking for @primesuspect. I'm not sure what her alternate does when she hits Roadhog with it, but it looks like it may have been a DoT poison or something like that?

I can't wait to try her. A combination of two of my favorite roles. Really interested to see details on her boosts. We don't know her ult yet, either.

• TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited July 2016

Alt might have been the same stun she hit McHighNoon with. (Edit: nope. uses a different ability than the Zzz one)

Ult looks like the damage boost thing she hit Rein with.

Oh yeah, you're right - her Ult is the boost she gives to Reinhardt. You can see it briefly in the UI.

I just noticed her "E" has a + and a - on the icon. So I'm assuming it's a buff/debuff depending on who it hits.

• TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited July 2016

Looks like it lowers/stops healing received on enemies (maybe healing boost on friendlies?). She throws it while roadhog is beginning to chug his pot. He gets a purple outline and above his info plate you see a purple "no healing"-esque symbol.

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited July 2016

Sounds pretty well-rounded.

Ana's primary weapon is her Biotic Rifle. The gun fires long-range darts that heal her allies and deal damage to her foes. She's also equipped with a Biotic Grenade. As seen in her debut gameplay video above, Ana's Biotic Grenade, like her rifle, heals teammates and damages enemies caught in its small area of effect. For a brief period, the grenade also boosts all incoming healing for allies and prevents enemies from being healed — bad news for opposing Roadhog and Soldier: 76 players.
    She'll also be armed with a Sleep Dart, which can knock enemies unconscious for a brief period. As seen in the above, expect many an ultimate ability to be summarily shut down by quick-thinking Ana players.
    Ana's own ultimate, Nano Boost, sees her fire a dart at an ally and grant them faster movement, increased damage and improved resistance to incoming attacks.

Please tell me the debuff will work on Reaper ;) Ana looks like a really cool concept for a character. Looking forward to trying her out.

edited July 2016

@UPSLynx said:

@FettBacon said:

@UPSLynx said:

That's the theory. But then again, as we've seen with Widowmaker, Talon is able to do some messed up stuff to people and alter their physiology and such. Guess we're gonna find out.

And now we know:

This is SO BADASS.

GnomeQueenZanthian
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

I feel like the hooded guy in the video must be Reaper pre-transition.

I feel like at some point we'll find out that Talon subjected him to some sort of mental and bio reprogramming, like with Widowmaker.