bumped the x800xt up to 531/585:

:D
  • edited August 2005
    I need to overclock my ram and cpu.

Then I should be over 10,000. :[]
  • scottscott Medina, Ohio Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    Hey DJ
    Awesome card ! Have you tried using the 3D mark 05 profile ? And set the performance tab to High Performance. I picked up a couple hundred points with those 2 tweaks.

What is your CPU clocked at ?

Scott
  • edited August 2005
    CPU is stock, I will try that in a few minutes.

As far as games and other things are concerned will that benefit me or change anything?

----

3dmark2005-08-09-05-vgaoc2-hp.jpg

489/ 1.35 ghz [gpu overclock] + high performance setting + everything else stock
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited August 2005
    what on earth?! this is like 100pts more than my last one with my old system!!!! :wtf: :bawling: :shakehead :scratch:

untitled0vt.th.jpg
  • edited August 2005
    what on earth?! this is like 100pts more than my last one with my old system!!!! :wtf: :bawling: :shakehead :scratch:

untitled0vt.th.jpg

What are your old / new system specs?
    edited August 2005
    old mobo was a chaintech 9VJL3 and cpu was a Celeron 2.50ghz

the new specs are in my sig
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    it's your video card.
    edited August 2005
    :p why did aquamark3 more than double then? :scratch:
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    i can't look it up right now - supposed to be "working" - but i'd guess that 3dM05 has some newer features that aren't affected by cpu clockspeed as much as video card abilities
  • edited August 2005
    :p why did aquamark3 more than double then? :scratch:

Better CPU :eek:

I would suggest an upgrade to PCI-express.

And yes, 3dmark 2005 is based almost entirely on your video card.

CPU makes a difference, but not as much as a video card.
    edited August 2005
    oh ok. I purpously got an AGP board. I might upgrade to a better AGP card sometime. Whats the best AGP card out right now?
  • edited August 2005
    oh ok. I purpously got an AGP board. I might upgrade to a better AGP card sometime. Whats the best AGP card out right now?

When did you get the AGP board...

Hopefully not recently...

If I were you I'd upgrade to PCI-express, today's best cards aren't even being made for AGP.
  • Omega65Omega65 Philadelphia, Pa
    edited August 2005
    The 7800 GTX wont be released for AGP for although the upcoming (in Sept) ATI R520 will

1a) ATI X850 XT or XTPE
    1b) Nvidia 6800 Ultra
    2) X800 XT
    3a) 6800 GT
    3b) X800 XL
    4) X800 GT (Coming soon)
    5) 6600 GT
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    Aquamark stresses the CPU more than the video card. You can still get some very good graphics cards for AGP. You just can't do SLI or get a 7800. The 6800GT or a high-end ATI will make a significant jump over the 9800pro.
  • edited August 2005
    Can't provide screenshot atm, I will at a later date due to the fact its 2am in the morning:

Athlon64 3500+ Venice
    1gb 512x2 Corsair XMS C25 DDR4400
    Leadtek 6800GT
    ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe
    Hitachi Deskstar 80gb SATA-2 7200RPM
    Logitech MX518
    52x24x52 CD Burner
    Coolermaster 430W PWRSPPLY
    WinXPPro/Slackware, Kernel 2.6.12

3DMark05 5739

only overclock was GPU, CPU/Mem @ stock.
    stock air cooling all around.

will post screenie soon as I can find a host for pic...
    will reedit post for moderate oc on cpu/mem, soon as the cmos quits PMS'ing. (long story)
    edited August 2005
    Preacher wrote:
    Aquamark stresses the CPU more than the video card. You can still get some very good graphics cards for AGP. You just can't do SLI or get a 7800. The 6800GT or a high-end ATI will make a significant jump over the 9800pro.
    ok cool thanks

dj- yeah i bought it recently. i chose AGP over pcie for practicallity and the fact that I didn't wanna buy a new pcie card. As preacher said, they DO still make awesome AGP cards, and I don't need anything as expensive and highend as the 7800gtx anyways. That card just seems like a benchmark bragger to me :rolleyes:
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited August 2005
    Attach the file.
  • SoLoSoLo DirtySouth, USA
    edited August 2005
    That video card blows pilot...that card can push like a 6800 or even a 6600gt...time to invest if you want higher score or to play games like F.E.A.R....good luck!!
    edited August 2005
    lol ur 6600gt isn't much better than my 9800pro, dude. so don't be saying it blows :rolleyes:
    edited August 2005
    Overclocked at 383/348 (default 378/338)

untitled7ay.th.jpg
    edited August 2005
    lol ur 6600gt isn't much better than my 9800pro, dude. so don't be saying it blows :rolleyes:
    do youre history...this is my lowest score with a 6600gt
    575mhz|1.19ghz|77.72whql :rolleyes: POWND :eek:
    P.S. i have had a 9800 pro and i never could get good scores with it...and the card would STRUGGLE with maxed out grafix on farcry...So..good luck with youre problem! :shakehead
    edited August 2005
    ok fine :p I had thought they were very similar
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited August 2005
    SoLo wrote:
    P.S. i have had a 9800 pro and i never could get good scores with it...and the card would STRUGGLE with maxed out grafix on farcry...So..good luck with youre problem! :shakehead
    My buddy scored 4208 in 05 with his but hes vmodded and overclocked to the max.
  • edited August 2005
    ok cool thanks

dj- yeah i bought it recently. i chose AGP over pcie for practicallity and the fact that I didn't wanna buy a new pcie card. As preacher said, they DO still make awesome AGP cards, and I don't need anything as expensive and highend as the 7800gtx anyways. That card just seems like a benchmark bragger to me :rolleyes:

100 fps / high settings on bf2 ain't bad either. :D
    edited August 2005
    is that worth $500 that you could've been saving up for more important things?
  • edited August 2005
    is that worth $500 that you could've been saving up for more important things?

To me it is, for the amount of time I spend on here, not to have a good system would be worse.

To each his own.
    edited August 2005
    Great choice Dj..!! And after seeing you post youre score i really have to believe that that card can do so much more damage.! :D
    i have made up my mind.Thanks to you and several other people that i have been talking to.I have decided on the 7800 for my main rig.But as for my LAN cube im going to hang on to my 6600gt until i cant run a game with MAX grafix..Well keep Krushin 3dmark!! peace out..
  • edited August 2005
    SoLo wrote:
    Great choice Dj..!! And after seeing you post youre score i really have to believe that that card can do so much more damage.! :D
    i have made up my mind.Thanks to you and several other people that i have been talking to.I have decided on the 7800 for my main rig.But as for my LAN cube im going to hang on to my 6600gt until i cant run a game with MAX grafix..Well keep Krushin 3dmark!! peace out..

I'm happy to hear that, it's a great card.

If I can make a suggestion:

Don't overclock it too much or you may start to see some graphical damage.