• GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited August 2005
    Wow VERY nice score flib :thumbsup: .
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited August 2005
    wow i really should upgrade my gfx card :p
  • test_tube_tonytest_tube_tony Dallas TX Member
    edited August 2005
    wow. im in the top 5 of my system class on ORB.
    605/1160...so far with air cooling.
    :kneel:
  • SoLoSoLo DirtySouth, USA
    edited August 2005
    I took the advice of a guy in here..fogott who..lol but any way i got a box fan and set it on high very close to my 6600gt with the case side off....ovrclked it to 605|1.22..wel this is my score..

But today i recived a albatron 6800gt ond im almost ready to prep the card for installation...but heres my highest and LAST benchmark for my good ole apollo 6600gt....Almost ready to run with the big boys..lol

Oh..and for some odd reason i was getting better benchmarks with drivers:77.72 rather than 77.77 WHQL..
    ert.JPG 153.9K
  • edited August 2005
    This is my first run with my Pentium M system, running a X800XT-PE. Cat 5.7's and stock gpu and memory speeds. Processor was running at 160 X 15 and memory speed was 200 MHz with 2-2-2-5 timings on a P4C800-E Dlx mobo.
    edited August 2005
    movin on up...
    605/1300 up from 500/900
  • edited August 2005
    Overclocked my 7800 GTX to 490 / 1350.

The rest of my PC remains stock.

3dmark2005082405vgaoc490hp8xh.png

It's not my highest score, but I was using 'High Performance' in my nVidia control panel.

I imagine the reason I got a lower score since my past peak score of 8683, is due to the drivers, I am using the 78.11's, which work like a dream by the way.

Unfortunately I lose about 113 points in 3dmark05.
    edited August 2005
    movin on up...
    605/1300 up from 500/900

yea, tube i had to do a fresh install and run 3dmark05..to get my score..i have to do the same in SiSoft Sandra..no matter what i do if i dont have a fresh nstall of win x64..i wont hit high...

BTW..are you using stock GPU heatsink..for youre card..

And Dj..i decided on a cheap 6800gt made bye Albatron..im going to strip the GPU heatsink and modify the bios if i can..It only put me back a lil over $200 bucks..if it performs well i might hold off untill comes out with a cheaper ver. of the 7800 series..So i hear..
    And also Dj..is the heatsink for youre card decent? i was wondering if you said not to overclk it b/c it heats up to fast..is that a problem for youre card?

P.S Does anyone know if updating the bios on my Mother board would give me better scores for Sandra And for 3dmark...
  • edited August 2005
    The heatsinks that come with all the nvidia cards are quite crappy, which is why I'm ordering the zalman vf700cu.
  • SpywareShooterSpywareShooter 127.0.0.1
    edited August 2005
    Check out this pimpin score!
    edited August 2005
    haha i saw that card at walmart today for a ripoff price of $110! ;D;D
    edited August 2005
    wtf! I paid $153 for it at BestBuy! Stupid *******s.
    edited August 2005
    whoa baby thats absurd! How long ago did you buy it?? For that price, you could get a lot better card :eek:
    edited August 2005
    I got it in April this year.
    edited August 2005
    That is Very Very Sad..lol Sold my Apollo 6600gt for $100...and that is why you always do youre homework..! and i just got my Albatron 6800gt for just over $200..lol
    edited August 2005
    I just went into best buy and asked for a good gfx card because the one that came with this computer wasn't comptible with many games. He said that the GeForce FX 5500 was a good card for a cheap price of $153... another ripoff by the BestBuy dumbasses.
    edited August 2005
    well..sometimes bestbuy has some really great deals..that was not one..lol ill post my new 3dmark05 score soon..
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    No offence, but if you're shopping at Best Buy for video cards, you set yourself up for the fall. And I work there.
    edited August 2005
    Well BestBuy is the only place that sells computer parts other than Circuit City in like a 50 mile radius. I've heard bad stuff about Circuit City so I always go to Best Buy :(
    edited August 2005
    lot more bad in WorstBuy than Circuit City. Just buy it on Newegg and get overnight shipping, and you'll still come out on top vs. WorstBuy. :)
  • edited August 2005
    E-tailers anyone?
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    Or... like any other sane individual, you can stop buying from crap overpriced stores and start buying off the internet. :thumbsup:
    edited August 2005
    I don't buy off the net because of all the scamming and info you have to fill out. Even tracking cookies can steal the info you submit if they decide to be that rogue.
    edited August 2005
    Newegg wouldn't do that
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    I don't buy off the net because of all the scamming and info you have to fill out. Even tracking cookies can steal the info you submit if they decide to be that rogue.

I think someone has crossed the line from "Dealing with Spyware" to "Paranoid"...
    edited August 2005
    lol
    edited August 2005
    yes..we all know of bad dealer sites but that just stupidity if you buy from an UNKNOWN site..Always read reviews on trusted sites....And Yes NEWEGG will never do that..
    edited August 2005
    Well I don't think I'll need anything else for a while. I've got the video card (plays fine in actual games) and I just upgraded to 1GB RAM. There's nothing on my "to-get" list as of now... until this computer cooks itself.
    edited August 2005
    well, here it is. its as fast as this card can go untill i get water cooling or something. probably wont happen tho. keep in mind that my system has crappy memory and wont even run up to speed lol.
    edited September 2005
    with my new x800pro (overclocked to 551/565), my 3dmark05 score increased quite a bit. My Aquamark3 score, however, is about HALF the score I got with my 9800pro!! I don't know what the problem is there, but here's my 3dmark05 score.

untitled1rc.th.jpg