• csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    what multiplier is the x2 4400 toledo?

$30 price drop at the egg btw.
    edited October 2005
    csimon wrote:
    I ordered the psu from directron. It was $87.66 w/ shipping! :thumbsup:
    I can't believe this. I ordered this psu via UPS ground thinking I have time to wait on this thing. Next thing I know less than 48 hours later it's sitting on my doorstep as per instructions.
    5 star satisfaction on delivery for sure!!! :thumbsup:
    edited October 2005
    Thanks for the headsup on the ram there Mac! :thumbsup:
  • edited October 2005
    Chris, the Toledo 4400 has a 12 multiplier. My 4400 should be at the house this evening, not that it will do me any good since I'm presently out on the rig at work. :( For powering that system, I bought that PC P&C Turbo 510 AG from Marc and changed the 24 pin connector out with a 20 pin ATX connector I ordered from FrozenCPU, along with the 4 pin 12v connector and a tool to remove the pins from the ATX connector and also a molex connector pin tool. I can now sleeve psu's with those 2 tools. :cool:
    edited October 2005
    muddocktor wrote:
    Chris, the Toledo 4400 has a 12 multiplier. My 4400 should be at the house this evening, not that it will do me any good since I'm presently out on the rig at work. :( For powering that system, I bought that PC P&C Turbo 510 AG from Marc and changed the 24 pin connector out with a 20 pin ATX connector I ordered from FrozenCPU, along with the 4 pin 12v connector and a tool to remove the pins from the ATX connector and also a molex connector pin tool. I can now sleeve psu's with those 2 tools. :cool:
    why isn't the pc p&c pin compatible?
    do you think that you could hit 3ghz w/ pc500 ram?
    edited November 2005
    Has anyone here ever dealt w/ computer 3G?
  • edited November 2005
    I haven't, but their ratings at resellerratings.com are pretty bad, Chris. What are you thinking of ordering from them?

EDIT: As far as the psu is concerned, my Epox mobo uses a 20 pin connector, not a 24 pin. I could have gotten a 24>20 pin adapter, but it would have cost me almost as much as changing over to the 20 pin adapter like I did and then I would have had that big adapter connector to deal with impeding airflow around my processor. I have a FSP psu in another rig that uses such an adapter and it's kind of a PITA to route it where it doesn't get in the way. The 20 pin plug and tool to remove the pins out of the ATX socket worked well; I changed the plug over and installed the PCP&C psu into the Epox rig before I came back to work this time.
    edited November 2005
    I was just wondering. They are the only site left selling that case I want atm. I'll probably end up building my own case but I just wanted a backup plan.
    I really despise the look of the pc-777 because it's so obnoxious that I'm betting it will be a collectable some day and will go for a pretty penny 10 years from now!

My psu is 24 pin. I'm considering the dfi nf4-ultra infinity board right now.
    edited November 2005
    I'm continuously revising the list the closer I get to purchase and keeping the prices as updated as possible on almost a day by day basis.
    I've also added a New Case/PSU Wish List: and a New Cooling Wish List: to the thread ...Your input so far has been very valuable ...again Thanks!
    edited November 2005
    This card seems to have everything I've wanted from the beginning ...anyone have any experience w/ teh zipzoomfly? http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=321334&affiliate=pricegrabber
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited November 2005
    I have the x600 version that came out before this one.
    edited November 2005
    Tex wrote:
    I have the x600 version that came out before this one.
    How do you like it?
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited November 2005
    been fine. had probs with the dfi when I first got it. New nforce and ati drivers seem to of cured it.
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Zipzoomfly is formerly Googlegear and I've been satisfied with the orders I placed with them.

-drasnor :fold:
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited November 2005
    drasnor wrote:
    Zipzoomfly is formerly Googlegear
    ah didn't know that - cool :cool:
    edited November 2005
    I ordered the opti 170 OEM for $410 + $3.99 shipped. I have a mail-in rebate for pc-mag or some crap like that worth $19.95 so essentially I payed $390.05 for this opti.
    Idunno if the magazine deal is standard or what but they should just take it off the top and sell the damned proc - the magazine and stop with the foolishness. I hate it ppl give you free crap and then bill you after it expires. AOL you suck the worse and I've never had you! :rarr:;D
  • edited November 2005
    I think it's a good thing that you went ahead and ordered your 170 now, Chris. I don't know how much longer the Opterons will be in the retail pipeline, the way things are looking lately. What are you planning to cool it with?
    edited November 2005
    muddocktor wrote:
    I think it's a good thing that you went ahead and ordered your 170 now, Chris. I don't know how much longer the Opterons will be in the retail pipeline, the way things are looking lately. What are you planning to cool it with?

Thanks I've been nervous about it all night.

Well I will cool it with my ww for now and pro120 core until I order that pa160. After that I may go with the apogee wb. I just depends on when I get the ram and mobo and in what order things come about.
    edited November 2005
    I cancelled the newegg 170 order first thing this am and went with this instead.

AMD Opteron 175 Dual-Core 2.2GHz 1MB (per core) 64/32-Bit (939) (OEM) $461.63 ($5.90 Shipping) ordered
    edited November 2005
    with my case and accesories on the way early next week ...and that opteron 175 also coming I'm thinking of setting it up onto the mobo. So probably monday morning I'll be ordering this mobo ...DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail $113.00 ($2.99 Shipping)

I should probably get the waterblock now as well but the storm may be out of reach now. It had dropped in price to around $60 and now it is all the way back up to around $85. I guess it would be no consolation to settle for the apogee since they do claim it performs better. Even if it were an equal performer I like the idea of getting better flow since I'll have great flow with the pa160.
    edited November 2005
    I think I'll take thrax's advice afterall and go with nvidia this time ...eVGA Geforce 7800GT 256-P2-N516 Video Card - Retail $319.00 (Free Shipping).
    And as for tv tuning I'll go with pilots advice on the tv tuner a little later on! :thumbsup:
    edited November 2005
    csimon wrote:
    And as for tv tuning I'll go with pilots advice on the tv tuner a little later on! :thumbsup:
    I think you mean someone else :p
    edited November 2005
    I think you mean someone else :p
    Yeah I meant airbornflight sorry!
    You all look alike to me! ;D
    edited November 2005
    csimon - I think you should've waited and looked around for better deals on that 7800gt... here's some others I found for or under the $319 that you paid:

edit: I found it. I'm sure you don't want to change motherboards now, but I thought I'd post it anyways. I think its a great deal. eVGA 7800 GT w/eVGA NF4 939 SLI mobo - $399
    edited November 2005
    csimon - I think you should've waited and looked around for better deals on that 7800gt... here's some others I found for or under the $319 that you paid:

edit: I found it. I'm sure you don't want to change motherboards now, but I thought I'd post it anyways. I think its a great deal. eVGA 7800 GT w/eVGA NF4 939 SLI mobo - $399
    Thanks PW ...I haven't ordered it yet it's just been changed on the list from the ati aiw x1800xl.
    The reason I chose this card is because of the detailed specs really. I know the mfg is overclocking this card but at least this way I know the minimum clock speed will be something nice. 460/1100 isn't too shappy. I could get something cheaper but will it run at those clocks? It might be worth the extra $20 of insurance idunno.
    As for the mobo I'm pretty settled on the tried and tested ultra-d. I know it's got a few quirks but with the popularity of this board I shouldn't have any problems getting questions answered.

I would really really really like to get the Expert but ...I already got my psu and it doesn't have the 8 pin power connector necessary. :bawling:
    edited November 2005
    csimon wrote:
    I know it's got a few quirks but with the popularity of this board I shouldn't have any problems getting questions answered.
    Yes I agree with that. I'm very happy with my DFI :)

That's fine if you still stick with your original eVGA $319 choice. I just wanted to make sure you knew there were other options :thumbsup:
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    simon,

Already ordered the mobo?
    If not, please consider the Asus A8n32 sli as well. If it's anywhere near the former model, Premium, it's definitely a DFI killer. What case are you putting all this into?
    I had to give the Premium away to a customer :( Gutted about that.

Things you should consider:

Spacing between the pci-e slots, chipset cooling, more features than you really need, choice of heatsinks that fits the board in question.

I would consider the following list:

Asus A8N32 SLI Deluxe mobo
    Amd opteron 175 cpu dualcore
    PSU with 2X12v rails of at least 20 amps each
    Thermaltake Big Typhoon heatsink
    Antec P180 case
    7800 videocard (i would not consider a gt, but that's me)
    2X1 Gb of ram (you don't have to spend a million on ram here, well known valuestuff is very good)

Edit: I see you uptated the first post, so scratch most of the list i posted. lol.
    edited November 2005
    MackanzOCZ wrote:
    simon,

Already ordered the mobo?
    If not, please consider the Asus A8n32 sli as well. If it's anywhere near the former model, Premium, it's definitely a DFI killer. What case are you putting all this into?
    I had to give the Premium away to a customer :( Gutted about that.

Things you should consider:

Spacing between the pci-e slots, chipset cooling, more features than you really need, choice of heatsinks that fits the board in question.

I would consider the following list:

Asus A8N32 SLI Deluxe mobo
    Amd opteron 175 cpu dualcore
    PSU with 2X12v rails of at least 20 amps each
    Thermaltake Big Typhoon heatsink
    Antec P180 case
    7800 videocard (i would not consider a gt, but that's me)
    2X1 Gb of ram (you don't have to spend a million on ram here, well known valuestuff is very good)

Edit: I see you uptated the first post, so scratch most of the list i posted. lol.

LOL ...well Mac as you can see some of the stuff I have already ordered and some I have not. The case is on it's way and it's the v2000b. I plan on gutting out the bottom section for a pa160 and pump(s). I will use the 767 5.25 grills for extra ventilation up top and I am also getting a 3 5.25 bay converter to 4 bay 3.5 for hd w/ 120mm fan ...I forget which model that comes from.
    At any rate ...you can see what's on my list. The only other mobo I've looked at is the abit AN8.
    I'm not really set on sli and my psu only has one video connector. So is there any other mobo I should be looking at including an8 or a8n?

oh yeah ...why not consider the gt?
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    With the Lian-Li, i would stay away from the Asus A8N since it has heatpipes on the chipsets. The board is up-side-down in the Lian and we all know what heatpipes do against the gravity :)

However, if you have good enough caseflow, it shouldn't be a problem. The Asus is a FAR better board in my honest opinion. 6 months ago, i would have laughed if somebody said that, but o have had the 2 boards side-by-side for the past 4 months now and the Asus is just...better. If i would chose another case, it would be the Anec P180. Better cooling sollution.