Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe stability problems

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    I have 0603 but I was having stability problems with the 05xx bios as well.

Yes, the manual says a1 & b1, but I find the manual to be wrong. in a1/b1 my computer crashed all the time. In a2 & b2, everything works great.

I have smart monitoring enabled.
  • edited July 2006
    I asked you about smart monitoring cos I was suspecting of it. Why? I used memtest 86+ and passed with no problem. I also suspected of the own OS, and its kernel... Well, I am gonna try to change the memory modules to a2 and b2 (I still haven´t done and the pc is for hours on with no bluescreen). Tomorrow or the day after tomorrow I will tell you something about the result of the change.
    Thanks a lot guy
  • edited July 2006
    Hello Primesuspect. I have done what you said, changing to a2 and b2 and all is running fine. the computer has been 24 hours on with no errors. Someone should tell Asus to change the manual and put those memory slots as default.
    Thanks a lot for your help.
    edited July 2006
    Strange, no?

We should post our results on the asus official forums. :-/
  • edited July 2006
    we have to send Asus our curriculums to work as engineers ja ja
  • edited July 2006
    ah, if you have another issue related with our mobo just tell it here. I will try to help. the fact is that the mobo, when it works fine, is really good
    edited July 2006
    I'm still having problems with crackling sound from the onboard SoundMax chip.

I've tried latest soundmax drivers (July 10th, 2006) and still it gets very "crackly". :(
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    I used to have a very similar problem with an NF7-S motherboard that had SoundStorm audio.

A new motherboard did the trick. :rolleyes:
  • edited July 2006
    I have a soundblaster audigy se installed and dont have any problems with sound. I have never relied on mobo`s sound and always bought an independent (frequently cheap) sound card.
  • edited July 2006
    Hi ghoosdum, are you having problems with asus m2n32 too?
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    No, I was having some problems with an Asus M2N, not an M2N32, and we resolved them by moving the RAM.
  • edited July 2006
    Ok, all of asus mobos m2n have the same problem. I cant believe it. I have always bought asus and msi mobos as soon as they were in market, and never had this problems with ram. moreover, the manual says the slots a1 b1 are the default for first two sticks, it looks like they are joking.
  • edited August 2006
    Hello, was trying to get my issues resolved over on the guru3d boards but no luck. I have a M2N, not the 32 and was having graphics problems. Any having issues with studdering when turning or when you get one or two enemys on the screen. This happends to me in everysingle game, especially in doom 3 and halflife 2. Heres a link to my post at guru3d.com for a bigger explination http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=1869322#post1869322. Also, my damn bios plays tricks on me and only sees my SATA hard drives half the time. I just want to know is my board broken or a compatibility issue/bios prob. I use Super Tallent DDR 800 Memory and already put them in a2 and b2. Thank
  • edited August 2006
    Hi Belloce. Well, first of all sorry for my basic english, I am spanish. I have been reading all your comments on guru3d, and I think the most probable is that you have memory incompability.
    Do you have any other sticks of ram? If I were you, would prove with another brand, like ocz, kingston, infineon, corsair or buffalo. These are the most stable.
  • edited August 2006
    The drivers itself should not be the problem. The issues you are having almost sure have to do with bios or ram. I don´t think that Asus, as you said in guru3d, is paying more attention to m2n32; I have this board and was having issues too, but they all dissapeared when moved ram sticks to a2 b2, as Primesuspect told me. the solution was easy. This fact can repeat on you, simply, for example, changing memory brand.
    I hope I am helping you
  • edited August 2006
    You think that the memory incompatibility would deffinatly affect my graphics lag and stuttering? Also, would that be the reason i cant overclock? I can only go to about 215 fsb.
  • edited August 2006
    Belloce wrote:
    You think that the memory incompatibility would deffinatly affect my graphics lag and stuttering? Also, would that be the reason i cant overclock? I can only go to about 215 fsb.

Just to let the people know who are having problems with the soundmax sound i was pulling my hair out thinking whats wrong with this crappy sound and searched for days online and found that if you go to preferences in the soundmax control panel and unselect dts sound "push the big red button" its selected by default, the sound is fantastic works a treat.
  • edited August 2006
    Hello again Belloce. The problem could have to do with the graphics card too, but I suspect of memory cos Asus has been having problems with several brands and models since a8n.
    If you have another ram sticks, try them.
  • edited August 2006
    I switched the graphics card with a 6600gt and the same problem happend with that so im doubting it is the vid card. I dont have any other ram to test.
  • edited August 2006
    Where did you buy your components? If it is a shop near your home you can ask them to lend you other memory. Or you can patiently wait for the new bios revision that should solve your issues...
    One thing is sure for me. There is no defect in your hardware because you would get serious errors (blue screen) and not stuttering.
  • edited August 2006
    Hi ghoosdum, can´t you help Belloce. He has the same board as you. What do you think about his issues?
    edited August 2006
    Tone wrote:
    Just to let the people know who are having problems with the soundmax sound i was pulling my hair out thinking whats wrong with this crappy sound and searched for days online and found that if you go to preferences in the soundmax control panel and unselect dts sound "push the big red button" its selected by default, the sound is fantastic works a treat.

I'm going to try this tonight and let you know how it goes. If this solves my problem, TEN THOUSAND THANKS :hair:
  • edited August 2006
    What Windows xp is eveyone using? I have tried both x32 and x64. I had worse luck with x64 with game freezing issues and being SLOW. Are we expecting a new bios soon?
  • edited August 2006
    I am using X64. And you are right, I am playing now Oblivion and it is a little slow noting that I have a x1900gt
    edited August 2006
    XP32 sp2
  • edited August 2006
    About the bios, I am trying to connect Asus just now, and it is impossible because of the quantity of people who are trying too. Everyone expecting the new revisions...
  • edited August 2006
    and about how many bars does it take for windows to boot up for both you guys? Im up to 10 when my athlon xp takes 1/2 bar
  • edited August 2006
    Hello Primesuspect, you are very quiet these days. Give your good advices to Belloce...
  • edited August 2006
    My booting is ok, about thirty seconds
  • DNVDNV
    edited August 2006
    Tone wrote:

Thanks this solved all my problems. :thumbsup: