Comments

• edited December 2006
    I have the issue with stability also... I have:

ASUS M2N SLi Deluxe
    AM2 4200+
    Geli 2GB RAM
    SATA 2 HDD's
    Hyper 580w PSU

I am finding that with 2GB RAM sticks in my PC installed on the yellow memory slots the PC will continuely reboot. If I move the RAM to the two black memory slots it does the same. However....

If I just leave one 1GB stick on the yellow slot it works...

I have updated my BIOS to version 0307 and the issue still occurs. Anyone know a fix.. I've read soo many posts and I'm really stuck here :(
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    Hi Warpy hopefully we can help you out here.

First I would recommending making sure your RAM is perfectly fine. Run memtest or something like that.

Second try to mess with your voltages in your BIOS to get things just right. I had to boost mine up to 2.1 from 1.9 in order to get my corsair RAM to work.

Third look at flashing your BIOS to a newer version. B3ler3fonte can help you get the absolute latest if you want to pm him (version 0804). This probably won't lead to a final solution but should give you more opportunities to find one.

Also what do you mean by continually reboot? Does it ever get going? Does it do it when your doing lots of stuff on your computer? etc...

Good Luck working with this thing...you might need it ;(.
  • edited December 2006
    Thanks for the reply FreeC8675.

It is rebooting all the time during the Windows XP Logo screen when booting up - this is with 2 memory sticks in the yellow banks. If I remove one stick it runs fine.

I have adjusted my RAM voltage to 2.1 also and tested with no success. I have been in contact with the RAM supplier that I purchased the RAM from and they told me I can recieve a full credit and then purchase a different brand if need be. AFter reading posts on the net it seems Corsair is having issues also, so I'm reluctant to replace the RAM.

I also ran memtest with no errors detected.

Shall I PM that person you mentioned for the BIOS update?
    edited December 2006
    Warpy wrote:
    Shall I PM that person you mentioned for the BIOS update?

Yeah I would recommend doing that. I think that its kinda strange you can only get it to work with one stick of RAM. I would see about maybe getting a replacement pair. Also check B3ler3fonte's post from the Asus tech support for some other possible fixes. This Mobo for some reason never seems to screw up in the same way.:rant:
  • edited December 2006
    FreeC8675 wrote:
    Yeah I would recommend doing that. I think that its kinda strange you can only get it to work with one stick of RAM. I would see about maybe getting a replacement pair. Also check B3ler3fonte's post from the Asus tech support for some other possible fixes. This Mobo for some reason never seems to screw up in the same way.:rant:

I have Pm'd him and also manually set the RAM timmings and it seems to boot with no problems. I also left the RAM voltage at default which is 1.85v. The RAM is also sitting in the two yellow banks.

The only odd thing is when I open an application from a reboot it might randomly say it has crashed before opening and then it wont ever open unless I reboot. But I had this problem on my Abit KN9 ULTRA that I rma'd. I'm not sure what this problem might be.
    edited December 2006
    Glad to hear that you got it working. :thumbsup:

I'm not sure about your problem of applications having crashed, could be Windows could be yet another issue with the motherboard :doh: .
  • edited December 2006
    FreeC8675 wrote:
    Glad to hear that you got it working. :thumbsup:

I'm not sure about your problem of applications having crashed, could be Windows could be yet another issue with the motherboard :doh: .

Well my other mobo did it too...
  • edited December 2006
    Hi Guys,

I emailed Asus last week since i kept getting BSOD's, for instance the following:

- 0X00000050
    - 0X0000008E
    - 0X00000019
    - 0X00000005
    - 0X00000024

Now i received three advises:

1 - find the nVIDIA DRIVERS item, choose delete it. When it ask you choose which part to delete, please only choose the NV IDE driver (cancel others parts) to continue.

2 - enter Bios->Advanced->PEG link mode, set that PEG link mode to SLOW (or Disabled), set the PEG root control to Disabled, save and exit.

3 - o into windows display property->setting->advanced->trouble shooting, you will find an option can adjust hardware acceleration, please downgrade "Hardware acceleration" level.

Futhermore i received a new BETA BIOS 0810. I tried all those options and my systems runs fine exept that windows is totally screwed up by all the driver testing.. So time to format and try to get a clean stable system :).

I hope this information is off help for anyone :).

Greetings,
    Erik
  • edited December 2006
    Thanks erik1981. Were can I get BETA BIOS from? The ASUS update tool never connects for me...
  • edited December 2006
    Warpy wrote:
    Thanks erik1981. Were can I get BETA BIOS from? The ASUS update tool never connects for me...
    Hi Warpy,

I received it from an Asus tech, i can sent to ppl who want it (i don't know if u can sent messages (with attachments through this site?), by mail, ftp, or msn or something. Just pm for it.
  • B3ler3fonteB3ler3fonte Lancaster, U.K. - Greece, Thessaloniki
    edited December 2006
    Dear "painful" Asus M2N32 Dlx community!! I am so sorry that i was away for few days but i had a terrible car accident and i recovered 3 days ago.Thanks God i am still alive.

2 all who still facing problems with this mobo as it was previously mentioned, i hope the answers that i received from ASUS Support Team might b veeeeery helpful 2 all of u.I have already sent to Kryptonite the 0804 Beta BIOS version about 2min ago.Whoever else wants it just sent me a pm with his email add and i can pass it through.I haven't test it, since i reformatted my machine, and immediatly unistalled the NV IDE driver.Stable, "Rock Solid" (as the logo of the mobo box says ;) ) days and days now, eveything works perfectly fine.And not to mention that since i downloaded the Autopatcher 5.1 (Download Mirror : http://marcustroiano.com/ap/) for ALL the security and critical updates (without using my Net connection) i updated my PC in secs ;)!!

BUT i need ur help once more :

I'm facing a problem while installing the Windows x64 Professional (Multilanguage release, All Updates since October 2006) as my 2nd OS in my 2nd SATA Drive.

Everything works perfectly fine and fast 2b honest APART from my Audio Device, yeah the SoundMAX. I've used all the x64 drivers of course for everything (Mobo,Lan,SATA,IDE) and for the Audio as well.

The thing is that since i double click the executable file (the latest one AD1988 64bit V51024580) i receive an error that no Audio hardware is currently installed. So probably the problem is not software i guess. I tried to unistall and reinstall the Audio through the Device Manager (My Computer-Properties) but still the same. Here is what i get :

x64Prob.jpg

While using the 32bit version of Windows everything works fine.

Plzzzzz...is there anything i can possibly do?
  • B3ler3fonteB3ler3fonte Lancaster, U.K. - Greece, Thessaloniki
    edited December 2006
    Good morning to everyone :D!Today was also a brilliant day!Spending couple of minutes through the Internet i've managed to solve my x64 problem that i have just posted yesterday.It's - as usual - a Microsoft problem related with the UAA bus driver. I found the solution to the Microsoft and i've downloaded the above update :

Brief Description
    Install this update to resolve an issue in Windows-based systems equipped with HD audio devices that prevents the HD Audio devices from playing audio properly.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?amp;amp;displaylang=en&familyid=DAB139F1-065C-41E8-A148-9D79BD9D24F9&displaylang=en

Restart-Driver found-Installed the latest x64 Asus Driver and....MAGIC once more!! ;);)
  • edited December 2006
    Good morning to everyone :D!Today was also a brilliant day!Spending couple of minutes through the Internet i've managed to solve my x64 problem that i have just posted yesterday.It's - as usual - a Microsoft problem related with the UAA bus driver. I found the solution to the Microsoft and i've downloaded the above update :

Brief Description
    Install this update to resolve an issue in Windows-based systems equipped with HD audio devices that prevents the HD Audio devices from playing audio properly.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?amp;amp;displaylang=en&familyid=DAB139F1-065C-41E8-A148-9D79BD9D24F9&displaylang=en

Restart-Driver found-Installed the latest x64 Asus Driver and....MAGIC once more!! ;);)

Great find... glad it works...
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited December 2006

Brief Description

There was somewhere that I read that the HD audio driver in WinXP 64 and 2003 that the binary for it was designed as a "time bomb" to where it expired late last year. To be specific, I believe I read it in a read me file in one of Asus's audio driver for the M2N-SLI Deluxe.

In fact, here it is, right from the read me from the Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe audio file version 5.10.1.4530J:
    Due to an engineering error, the HD Audio bus driver that shipped in Server 2003 SP1 and Windows XP x64 Edition
    contains what is called ¡§time bomb¡¨ functionality that prevents the use of the binary after a certain date.
    That date was August 1st 2005 and users may find their audio device stop working after that date.

In the onbaord audio driver for the EPoX EP-MF570 SLI, it mentions that KB901105 hotfix. I guess I should download this hotfix as well even though the EPoX uses the Realtek ALC883 chipset, and the ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe and M2N-SLI Deluxe use the ADI AD1988B chipset.
  • edited December 2006
    So I take it there are no "time bomb" issues with the windows xp 32bit driver then?

On a side note I've RMA'd my RAM that was causing me grief. Turned out one of the 1GB sticks was faulty.
    edited December 2006
    Warpy wrote:
    So I take it there are no "time bomb" issues with the windows xp 32bit driver then?

On a side note I've RMA'd my RAM that was causing me grief. Turned out one of the 1GB sticks was faulty.

I would imagine that there isn't. For awhile, I might dual boot WinXP Pro SP2 and WinXP Pro 64bit until I can get WinXP Pro 64bit running smoothly.
    edited December 2006
    Warpy wrote:

Good to know everything is AOK warpy!:thumbsup:
  • zweirecordszweirecords Member
    edited December 2006
    I'm kinda relieved to hear that I'm not the only person with stability issues with this board! I get BSOD about once every two days. It crashes in the desktop, and it has a tendency to crash while I'm playing my beloved Lego Star Wars II.

Here are my specs:
    CPU: X2 4800+ (at stock)
    RAM: Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400 XMS2-6400 2048MB 5-5-5-12 T2 (1.95V)
    Graphics: eVGA 7900 GTX (at stock)
    Hard Drives: 2 x Seagate ST3320620AS 320 GByte (SATA II-- no raid)
    Sound: X-Fi Xtreme Audio (which I wouldn't recommend to anyone)
    PSU: Aspire 680 W Beast

I tested my RAM, and it came up fine. I swapped the placement of the RAM. I've bumped the voltage up on the RAM to 2.0 V.--but still I have issues.

Disabling the onboard sound and switching to a SB X-Fi Xtreme Audio helped some, but that sound card comes with its own issues. I can't run 3dmark06 if its installed because I get a blue screen complaining about p17xfilt.sys (some sys file related to Creative and 3d headphone sound).

I recently got my hands on a beta bios (0804) for the M2N32-SLI. The only major change that I can see (so far) is the added option of "Vista Audio Mode" in the Onboard Device Configuration menu.

I'm hoping this will clear up some of my stability issues.
  • edited December 2006
    Warpy wrote:

Hi Warpy,

I think i have the exact same problem. I have the Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4 memory, DDR2 2 1GB modules. If i test them on a default BIOS setting (with USB LeGACY SUPPORT on DISABLED) and 1.8 V for DDR2 i get no errors. If i do the same for 2.1V 1 of the modules gets ALOT of errors on ALL my ASUS memory banks. The other module gives me no error at all. So i sincerely hope this will solve part of my problems :)

Hint for everyone having problems with the timings of ur memory. I have corsair memory (Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4 2048 MB, PC6400, 800 MHz, 4 ) and had problems running it under 4-4-4-12-2T timings.

Well, i tested both modules seperately on 2.1 V with the 4-4-4-12-2T timings and saw that 1 module gave me about 80.000 errors in 3 passes while the other module gave me 0 errors in 26 passes.

ciao,
    Erik
  • edited December 2006
    Many thanks to you all.
    I have had the same Problem:

- MB: ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wireless
    - HD: 3 x WD - SATA-2

- Error: Kernal data inpage error

=> Tryed to solve the problem to change my RAM from A1/B1 to A2/B2
    => No bluescreen but error messages in the eventlog: controllererror /dev/hd1/D ...

To solve this Problem => NForce-IDE-Driver deinstallet

And now, it works :celebrate

Thank you all!!
    :p
    edited December 2006
    Ilandor wrote:
    Many thanks to you all.
    I have had the same Problem:

- MB: ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wireless
    - HD: 3 x WD - SATA-2

- Error: Kernal data inpage error

=> Tryed to solve the problem to change my RAM from A1/B1 to A2/B2
    => No bluescreen but error messages in the eventlog: controllererror /dev/hd1/D ...

To solve this Problem => NForce-IDE-Driver deinstallet

And now, it works :celebrate

Thank you all!!
    :p

Your most Welcome ilandor and feel free to stick around on the forums even though we fixed your most recent problem you may find answers to a plethora of other questions. :cool2:
  • edited December 2006
    I have a problem that sounds connected to RAM, but not confirmed. Change PSU from 620W unit to 650W unit, with dual rails and good specs on maximums, so not thinking this is the issue as problem is the same regardless of power supply.

Ram - CM2X1024-6400C4 (Set at 4-4-4-12-T2 800Mhz 2.1v)
    Have TWINX matched sticks for 2Gb total.
    Have run on both Auto default and at 2.1v and does not seem to change BSOD.= issues described below.

Followed advice from this forum thread on USB root, NV IDE drivers and am running 0706 BIOS. So thinking I am relatively clear on driver side.

Problem description follows

With (2) sticks installed in a1/b1 I can much pretty bet on a BSOD 2-5mins after first cold bootup after a prolonged down period. Recovery from this BSOD can be ugly with Post failure....takes a min or two to get back to all ok with no changes. Once past this though it works flawlessly all day long as long as it remains on.

With (1) stick installed in a1 I can often avoid a BSOD, but will infrequently get one 5-10mins after startup...1 in 5 maybe. Recovery from this BSOD has been relatively painless, reboot and good to go. Again works flawlessly for remainder of time left on and running.

Open to suggestions to try/prove out root cause.:eek3:
  • edited December 2006
    Baso wrote:
    I have a problem that sounds connected to RAM, but not confirmed. Change PSU from 620W unit to 650W unit, with dual rails and good specs on maximums, so not thinking this is the issue as problem is the same regardless of power supply.

Have run on both Auto default and at 2.1v and does not seem to change BSOD.= issues described below.

Followed advice from this forum thread on USB root, NV IDE drivers and am running 0706 BIOS. So thinking I am relatively clear on driver side.

With (2) sticks installed in a1/b1 I can much pretty bet on a BSOD 2-5mins after first cold bootup after a prolonged down period. Recovery from this BSOD can be ugly with Post failure....takes a min or two to get back to all ok with no changes. Once past this though it works flawlessly all day long as long as it remains on.

With (1) stick installed in a1 I can often avoid a BSOD, but will infrequently get one 5-10mins after startup...1 in 5 maybe. Recovery from this BSOD has been relatively painless, reboot and good to go. Again works flawlessly for remainder of time left on and running.

I can add following the BSOD PC will lockup even if not in windows, i.e. I pause it on post or leave it in BIOS screens. So it seems to be hardware related for sure. tried moving mem around to different slots/combos, but only seem to worsen situation, not improve it so it goes away...aaagggh!

edited December 2006
    Sounds like a bad stick of RAM.
  • edited December 2006
    Baso wrote:

I'd run memtest86 and see how you go... http://www.memtest86.com/
  • edited December 2006
    Hi Everyone,
    Like most people here I have been getting BSODs and reboots. I am also unable to even use the onboard audio, as it get an error code 10 (the device will not start) which usually means a device conflict, but as the only additional device is my graphics card, i hope not. I have also had most of my trouble with the nvidia raid controllers. They create an unstable raid disk that on the last time I used this pc it crashed and corrupted the windows installation. I have tried most of the fixes in this and other forums with no real improvement (ram slot change, ram voltage change, drivers, mb flash etc)

Anyway if you look at my specs below my first pc (the one with the M2N32-SLI Deluxe) has all the issues. My second pc with the m2n4-sli motherboard wich has very similar hardware has no problems at all. I think everyone should return their motherboards to Asus. I am.

First pc:
    AMD AM2 ATHLON 64 X2 4600+ DUAL CORE CPU
    1 ASUS M2N32-SLI DELUXE/WiFi SOCKET AM2 M/B
    1 2 x 1GB CORSAIR TWIN2X2048-5400C4 DDR2 675MHz, 240-pin DIMMs,
    2x 320GB WESTERN DIGITAL SATAII-3gb/s HDD (16MB, 7200rpm) - WD3200KS
    1 512MB LEADTEK WinFast PX7950GT TDH GDDR3 PCI-EXPRESS CARD

Second pc:
    AMD AM2 ATHLON 64 X2 3800+ DUAL CORE CPU
    ASUS M2N4-SLi nForce SLi AM2 M/B
    2x 512MB DDRII 667 CORSAIR VALUE KIT RAM (VS1GBKIT667D2)
    2x 320GB WESTERN DIGITAL SATAII-3gb/s HDD (16MB, 7200rpm) - WD3200KS
    1 256MB LEADTEK WinFast PX7950GT TDH GDDR3 PCI-EXPRESS CARD

Goodluck everyone, with Asus releasing boards like this, well need it.
    edited December 2006
    Is the M2N4-SLi newer than the M2N32-SLI Deluxe?
  • edited January 2007
    The new BIOS's are out for the M2N SLI and M2N32 SLI. What the changes are I dont know as ASUS like to put 'Multiple CPU Support" as the description under every BIOS update.
  • edited January 2007
    Ok, i'm a newb to this site, but lots of good info here.

Here is my setup (put together on 12/10/2006)

CoolerMaster Stacker RC 830 case
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+
    Crucial (micron) 1GB X2 DDR2 PC2 6400 (2gig)
    PSU OCZ 850W SLI certified
    Asus Nvidia EN8800 GTX (GeForce)
    1 500GB SATA2 Western Digital (7200rpm)
    Sony DVD +/- RW

and of course our beloved M2N32 deluxe.

I've read most of the posts here and I'm very sorry that some of you have had great difficulty with this Mobo, I however, have only had 1 minor problem that I think may be related to SATA 2 only. My computer just locks up - no BSOD at all, when I reset - my HDD is no longer detected ( I know this by going into the BIOS and seeing that there are no SATA drives detected). I power down and power up, and it's back, everything works.

I'm going to check BIOS rev. ( I think it's 0706) and some of the other suggestions here, but I think it very odd that the BIOS (or SATA Controller)just suddenly "forgets" that there is a 500GB drive atached LOL.

very minor problem compared to the rest of you as this only happens once in a while after leaving the system on for days on end ( I've only had it built for a few weeks now and let it run to see what happens ), I'm now going to start shutting it down every night to get more reboots, maybe I'll see more problems or maybe not :aol:

any input is definately appreciated

thanks,

Toasty

PS - this system scored 9901 on 3dmark 06 and I've always used Crucial in all my systems since 1996 and have not had one memory stick issue.
    -- i know, a bit of bragging --
    edited January 2007
    That sounds like you have a bad hard drive.