Travian - Browser Based Game

Comments

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    Oasis gives you bonus to one or two resources. 25% usually. BUT you need to kill all the critters first.
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    What if that critter is a palyer from Zero X? :(
    edited March 2008
    You don't touch it...
    edited March 2008
    Thought so :tongue: He's taken EVERY oasis in my 7x7 ¬_¬
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    I wouldn't worry about an oasis at this point, it'll be a little while before you get to that point. Focus on your economy, it make all the difference down the road. ;)
    edited March 2008
    :) ok ... Still need about 10k of everything to get the bleeding palace to level 10 :(
    edited March 2008
    I have a horrible feeling it would be cheaper to destroy the palace now and build a residence :tongue:
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    a2jfreak wrote:
    What do you think are respectable troop levels?
    I was thinking:

250 Leggionaires
    250 Imperians
    250 Imperatoris
    250 Caesaris
    That looks fine. My strategy was more like:

100 Legionnaires (lvl 3~)
    1200 Imperians (lvl 10+)
    150 Imperatoris (lvl 3~)
    50 Caesaris (no upgrade)

Cheaper to replace troops than cavalry and they eat less wheat, plus it let me focus on upgrading one unit. Felix actually started that strategy, I merely continued it.
    edited March 2008
    TBonZ wrote:
    I wouldn't worry about an oasis at this point, it'll be a little while before you get to that point. Focus on your economy, it make all the difference down the road. ;)
    Harudath wrote:
    I have a horrible feeling it would be cheaper to destroy the palace now and build a residence :tongue:

Yeah, an oasis is icing. It's the equivalent of a Sawmill for one resource - not a big deal at this stage.

I would definitely NOT cost more to tear it down and build a residence, but I venture to guess you will be tearing it down at some point to move your capital.
    edited March 2008
    Well, I dunno- I like it here :tongue: apart from a couple big boys it's pretty quiet here, and I just got my friend to join who is only an 18 minute merchant-ride away :D

EDIT: Can you throw him an invite to {IC}? I told him to build an embassy :tongue:
    edited March 2008
    Harudath wrote:
    Well, I dunno- I like it here
    It's not necessarily the location, it's the resource distribution. You will eventually want your capital to be your military base on a 15-cropper.
    Harudath wrote:
    EDIT: Can you throw him an invite to {IC}? I told him to build an embassy :tongue:
    Need a name...
    edited March 2008
    Keebler wrote:
    It's not necessarily the location, it's the resource distribution. You will eventually want your capital to be your military base on a 15-cropper.

Need a name...

*slaps self*

AeroSpiff
    edited March 2008
    QCH2002 wrote:
    Scouts have done their best... This guy actually has a decent army. Keebler, want to tag team on him? Me first then you attack to damage some building? Or is it too much?
    I'm amenable to attacking him, but my catas will take an age and a day to get there... It's an 8-hour round trip as it is with just Imperians and cavalry. I'd rather stick to a straight-up attack; I think that would be more prudent given my position at the moment.

Call me paranoid, but I also think we should keep tactical discussion out of this public thread as much as possible, too.
    edited March 2008
    Harudath wrote:
    AeroSpiff
    ok, sent
    edited March 2008
    I smell a new "tactics & theorising" thread :tongue:
    edited March 2008
    Harudath wrote:
    I smell a new "tactics & theorising" thread :tongue:
    You know what I recently did? I removed my "location" from my profile after I realized I was figuring other peoples' probable sleeping times in when deciding best raid times.
    edited March 2008
    *removes location from profile*
  • SidekicksolSidekicksol Kansas City, Kansas
    edited March 2008
    going for 200 population, 10's in all resources first, then the upgrading buildings, then troop buildings + residence up and then making my new town, Thunder Bluff, at the powerbase : )
  • jennihjennih UK
    edited March 2008
    Harudath- still want resources, or for that matter anyone?
    I'm closing one account, and I have like 5k of everything
  • SaracenSaracen At the puter !
    edited March 2008
    jennih wrote:
    Harudath- still want resources, or for that matter anyone?
    I'm closing one account, and I have like 5k of everything

I'll take whatever you can spare as I'm trying to get my Residence to L10 today.

Saracen @ -44/182
  • FelixDeSouzeFelixDeSouze UK New
    edited March 2008
    I'm glad to see you are all getting well into the game!
    edited March 2008
    I still need more resources, I'll finish the palace tonight but I won't be able to train any settlers for a while :tongue: Once the palace is level 10, if I am very far off training settlers I'll upgrade resource stations- but I think I'll be albe to get a new village in the powerbase soon. Whatever you can spare would be totally brilliant :D
  • FelixDeSouzeFelixDeSouze UK New
    edited March 2008
    Harudath wrote:
    I still need more resources, I'll finish the palace tonight but I won't be able to train any settlers for a while :tongue: Once the palace is level 10, if I am very far off training settlers I'll upgrade resource stations- but I think I'll be albe to get a new village in the powerbase soon. Whatever you can spare would be totally brilliant :D

Have you put your palace in the village you want to make as your main? I think you can only build 1 palace in total, so the best course of action for palaces it to build it in the village you want to protect over all of the rest!
  • jennihjennih UK
    edited March 2008
    One account in the proccess of deletion, i'll send what i can while i still can! =)
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    I've got a Rally Point lvl 1. I realize I must upgrade it sooner or later.
    What does upgrading the rally point do?
    There's no explanation on the update page.
    Thnx for replies.
  • SaracenSaracen At the puter !
    edited March 2008
    I'm glad to see you are all getting well into the game!

LOL, yes my work output has really suffered since getting involved in Travian. It does become addictive somewhat.
    edited March 2008
    Here is a detailed explanation of a rally point.

As for Palace... I agree with Felix, the palace SHOULD be where you can protect it... I, like several others, didn't know that until it was too late. My palace is in my first village out in the boonies... Maybe when I have a few 100k lying around, I'll demo it and build the palace somewhere else.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    Thnx Q.
    I have that faq's page bookmarked.
    Should have read a little more in it.
    So, Rally Point is important as far as catapults and how many targets you can get. Cool.
    edited March 2008
    yep... I think mine is at lvl 5. It's not important to me until I get catapults.
    edited March 2008
    Yes, you will not need Rally beyond level 1 for quite a while. You need it at level 15 to make a Tournament Square, too (again, later in the game).

Always important to build a level 1 rally point shortly after founding a new village though so you can see troop movements.