Travian - Browser Based Game

Comments

• MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited March 2008
    How does one rename a second village?
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    make sure your second village is selected... click "profile" on the left hand side... then click "Edit Profile" and then the city name can be changed.

attachment.php?attachmentid=25012&stc=1&d=1205385578
    edited March 2008
    Thanks much Q!
    edited March 2008
    Aha! Villages get off the ground MUCH faster if you have a somewhat steady flow of resources coming in. Too bad it takes me over 2 hours to supply my second village. :( I just have to estimate where I'll be in that time frame and send resources hourly.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    TheGr81 wrote:
    Aha! Villages get off the ground MUCH faster if you have a somewhat steady flow of resources coming in. Too bad it takes me over 2 hours to supply my second village. :( I just have to estimate where I'll be in that time frame and send resources hourly.
    You're in the powerbase, right? I can supply you in like 2 minutes :) Just let me know - I'm raiding enough resources to spread around.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    Question:

I have noticed that if I send a merchant out to try and sell my resources it is immediately emptied from my resource pool. Does this protect my resources if I am raided?
    edited March 2008
    If they are sitting waiting for an offer, Nope... they are the last to be raided. If your merchants are actually out on a delivery, then YES they are protected.
    edited March 2008
    Keebler wrote:
    You're in the powerbase, right? I can supply you in like 2 minutes :) Just let me know - I'm raiding enough resources to spread around.

Thanks for the offer, I'll probably hit you up on that once all my merchants get back home. I'm finding that sending myself resources isn't very efficient. I only have 5 merchants and right now ALL of them are either on their way TO my new village or on the way back. It's 2 hours and 12 minutes each way. :o

EDIT: Btw, I can't seem to get the graphics pack to work on my computer. Does anyone know how to do this?
    edited March 2008
    QCH2002 wrote:
    If they are sitting waiting for an offer, Nope... they are the last to be raided. If your merchants are actually out on a delivery, then YES they are protected.

rats cuz that would work out really well:(

I got the graphics pack to work just fine. They had extra instructions for ff users if you are using that.
  • SidekicksolSidekicksol Kansas City, Kansas
    edited March 2008
    send dntcompute an alliance invite, please. hes a friend whos right up next to me : )
    edited March 2008
    Ah I fixed it. It was just a typo in the path to the files. :aol:
  • edited March 2008
    Bah, I need to restart my account. My friend messed with upgrades :(
    edited March 2008
    Naw... why do you need to start over. There is NOTHING we cannot fix with resources.
    edited March 2008
    QCH2002 wrote:
    Naw... why do you need to start over. There is NOTHING we cannot fix with resources.

I think he means his friend used up all of his gold on stuff.
  • jennihjennih UK
    edited March 2008
    15 hours left, still lots of stuff to go

any takers...

i'll do my best to get them to you!
    edited March 2008
    I'll always be able to use an extra 1k of resources.
  • edited March 2008
    FreeC8675 wrote:
    I think he means his friend used up all of his gold on stuff.

Indeed, he used up all my gold and as I'm new to the game. I won't make a large profit with 25% extra.

He did also use my recourses to build and upgrade a wall when I don't even have any troops.
  • jennihjennih UK
    edited March 2008
    FreeC8675 wrote:
    I'll always be able to use an extra 1k of resources.

where are you? i'll send some now, i only have one merchant atm,. but i should have all 18 back by the morning, and i'll send more

never mind, found you... i've sent 1500 clay
  • edited March 2008
    jennih wrote:
    where are you? i'll send some now, i only have one merchant atm,. but i should have all 18 back by the morning, and i'll send more

If you don't mind you could send 1k of each to -125|155
    And, If you have any left overs you can send it to my old village at -197|22

-197|22 can hold 2300 of each.
    edited March 2008
    jennih wrote:

thx exactly what I am needing most.
  • jennihjennih UK
    edited March 2008
    FreeC8675 wrote:
    thx exactly what I am needing most.

i guessed, most people generally are =)
  • jennihjennih UK
    edited March 2008
    If you don't mind you could send 1k of each to -125|155
    And, If you have any left overs you can send it to my old village at -197|22

-197|22 can hold 2300 of each.

will do in the morning =)
    edited March 2008
    Does anyone know the status of the script Q linked? Is is still u.a.y.o.r.(use at your own risk)?

I'm using it right now and its really helpful, but it seems to show the same stuff that "plus" option seems to make you pay for.
    edited March 2008
    Still illegal... There are scripts that somehow get you free gold (not resources) and to ban that they outlawed every script. Shame, I don't see anything wrong with the greasemonkey script that shows you times and gives you quick links. I don't have time to be fumbling around. Get in, spend, transfer, trade, build and log off. Showing some extra info that can be easily done with excel and links that could be manually done with shortcuts... not cheating to me and I know many/ most of the big guys are using it. Like we stand a chance anyway against them... :rolleyes:
    edited March 2008
    So i'm guessing I should remove it?
    edited March 2008
    They claim that they can track it... I think they are referring to the gold mining but who knows. I think they'd have their hands full if they actually banned everyone that used scripts. You get caught, you could be banned. I know others that are still using it... it's their choice.
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited March 2008
    Greasemonkey doesn't work on FF3b4, so my work computer doesn't have scripts, ATM. My home computer does, though! :) My scripts don't "cheat" for me. It's not like they produce troops for me that I didn't have the resources for. It isn't like they give me a 10% boost in defense when someone tries to raid me. They don't make my crannies hold more resources. Nothing like that, so my scripts are innocuous to Travian. If they ban me, then screw them.
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    When is Travian reset?
    edited March 2008
    When the game ends... May is the estimate I've heard based on previous SPEED games.
  • SidekicksolSidekicksol Kansas City, Kansas
    edited March 2008
    Q please send Mangomongo and Dntcompute alliance invites, i know Mangomongo and Dntcompute is right up next to me and is a nice person : )