Left 4 Dead

Comments

• NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    CB wrote:
    Oh. vague phrase is vague.

I was able to figure it out. Maybe you should read a bit mo...oh wait, it's your job. ;)
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    I'm going to download the demo sometime around 7:30 tomorrow (when I get back from my dad's). Anyone up for playing with me tomorrow?
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Played two rounds of the demo. One with real people and the second with AI. The game is very well made. Graphics are awesome and the zombies are refreshing.

First round I somehow started a server and some people joined (am I actually hosting?). Maybe it's because we're all new but the other 3 were really gung ho. You don't just run into a room with a crap load of zombies. Played it on easy and we beat it easily.

Second round I had to play with the AI since my connection had dropped. There I played on Normal. Since the AI follows you, I was able to be a bit more tactful. Used the handgun since it has a lot of ammo (not unlimited during the first half of the demo). Got to the door way and start knocking off zombies you see in site. If you're not in the middle of the room or in the street they won't come at you in droves. Takes a bit of fun out of it without all the frantic shooting but you've got to do it to win. Playing with people you know should be easier, especially coming from a team oriented game (TF2).

One thing I do dislike is the lack of comm. A game like that I think it's needed. Other than that I like it. I'll buy it as soon as I can scrounge up some money.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Black Hawk wrote:
    One thing I do dislike is the lack of comm.

PLease tell me you don't mean it doesn't have voice chat..... That would be nearly inexcusable for this type of game.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    the full version should! I am Dling the demo, I am looking forward to this
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    PLease tell me you don't mean it doesn't have voice chat..... That would be nearly inexcusable for this type of game.

I certainly would never spend money on a team-based FPS that didn't have voice-chat, not after seeing how useful it is in TF2.
    edited November 2008
    Tried it and I am happy to report it DOES have voice chat.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    What are you talking about? - I had voice comms on my demo.
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Soory about DCing, I duno what happened....but I got the screenie

epicftw
    l4d.JPG 140.5K
    edited November 2008
    THIS GAME

WANT

Good times with Jimmeh, Wasson and some new dude on expert - we beat it
    Rough times with Buddy J, LethalBlu, and BobbyDigi.. We got spanked a few times but got our tactics nailed down and got good at the end.

GO PRO OR GO HOME
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Fo'sho a good party game. Really fun with the swarming, nice to know you are back to back with some good people instead of up against a wall. Its only fun on hardest settings other wise there aren't enough zombies. On medium in the first stage I was high kill on a pub game with 92 next was 28.......shotgun ftw.
    edited November 2008
    I found the shotgun to be the better starting weapon on the lower difficulties but on expert I think the SMG is the better bet, at least until you get to the auto shotgun.
    edited November 2008
    Ill be playing at 1930 hours. Someone be ready to play.
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    WinWinWinWinWinWinWinWin.

The room was cold, the lights were out, curtains drawn, sound loud. So damn fun!
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Harudath wrote:
    WinWinWinWinWinWinWinWin.

The room was cold, the lights were out, curtains drawn, sound loud. So damn fun!

Diddo, was a little creepy at first but hell lots of fun!
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    The mood was completely shattered when the fat guy exploded on me though. I had to pause it as I was laughing too much :tongue:
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Yah or nay on in game voice chat?
    edited November 2008
    Crazy Joe wrote:
    Yah or nay on in game voice chat?

Yes.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Yes, it makes it so much better. "I Think I'm going to bite the farm". When you grabbed by something or need something you can just scream until you get it or crack jokes while your friend is being pummeled by the Tank.
    edited November 2008
    _k_ wrote:
    Yes, it makes it so much better. "I Think I'm going to bite the farm". When you grabbed by something or need something you can just scream until you get it or crack jokes while your friend is being pummeled by the Tank.

Or laugh at them as you shoot them in the back ;)
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    I'm too used to using "V" in TF2. It's either another letter or it's disabled. I'd have to check but I thought there wasn't any since nobody was using theirs.
    edited November 2008
    Black Hawk wrote:
    I'm too used to using "V" in TF2. It's either another letter or it's disabled. I'd have to check but I thought there wasn't any since nobody was using theirs.

The default key is 'c'. You can change it to v if you want (that's what I did, too used to v as well.)
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    I learned that it's a bad idea to startle the witch.
    edited November 2008
    and for the love of God don't shoot the cars!
  • CaffranCaffran Kansas City Member
    edited November 2008
    Black Hawk wrote:
    that is the fun part
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    For those that have been through the demo 80 times: shoot the cars, bring on the witch, try to run as fast as you can through the level and have some fun

For 1st through 79th runs, steady pace, don't shoot the cars and ignore that dumb witches cries.

Note: if you are in group 2 with 3 group 1ers with you, prepare to die.

Couple good runs tonight. We killed some Tanks, didn't know that was even possible.

-Bobby
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Had my cherry popped by Weezer, Digibobby, and Pigflipper earlier. Awesome stuff, and I want more.
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Got to play two rounds last night. Awesome game. Just don't shotgun each other, heh.
    edited November 2008
    Black Hawk wrote:
    or teamkill... fatcat!

Anyway, I'm in need of a team of Advanced Zombie Killas to help me beat Expert mode tonight.
    edited November 2008
    I may be up for this challenge. I've beaten expert twice so far. It takes the right team, that's for sure :p