Movie Thread

KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it.KCMO Icrontian
edited May 2011 in Movies & TV
I suppose I'm an emerging movie buff, so I was disappointed that there wasn't a general movie thread on Icrontic. After all we have music, book, and gaming threads, why not a movie thread too. Let the discussion begin
<center>AndHereWeGo.gif</center>

Comments

• GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Saw teh Proposal last night for the heck of it, God Sandea Bullock has gotten hotter with age, There is a scene where she is naked ( u dont see anything cause she is rubing around covering herself with her hands ) but damn she is sexy!
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Sandra Bullock has gotten hotter with age...
    YES she has...I find her much better looking now as well.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    If you're talking about actresses that get hotter with age look no further than Meryl Streep. Speaking of the lovely Mrs. Streep, her acting in Doubt was superb.
    edited July 2009
    Looking forward to see Public Enemy's and also I love you Beth Cooper
  • GrimnocGrimnoc Marion, IN
    edited July 2009
    I'm interested in seeing Public Enemy, but that's about it for movies that are out right now.

The Watchmen is coming out soon though which I'm marginally excited to see. I never got to see it when it was playing in theaters.
    edited July 2009
    The watchmen was no doubt the biggest letdown in movies EVER for me
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Don't mind GW, he just couldn't get past the fact that there was occasionally a faint outline of a large blue penis at a couple short points in the movie.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    I've heard that giggling about a CGI dick is the cool thing to do.
    edited July 2009
    Yeah, I've heard that from multiple sources. One of my friends whose opinion of movies I trust and are close to my own described it as a movie that is not all that enjoyable for people who didn't read the comic, but a decent watch for someone who did (but only because you are already invested in the characters). Aka, a mediocre movie. But...I still want to see it pretty badly.

*I'm pretty sure I'm going to be cringing my way through most Silk Spectre scenes. She looked all kinds of bad in the trailers.
    edited July 2009
    I disagree completely. I've never read the Watchmen graphic novel, and I never plan to, because I simply enjoyed the movie that much. It was presented in amazing imagery with outstanding detail, and I left the theatre with nary a question unanswered.
    edited July 2009
    Well like I said, I'm still looking forward to seeing it and I'll enjoy the fact that I'm watching a Watchmen adaptation but I'm pretty sure it's not gonna blow me away. Who knows though? I do like Zac Snyder, his movies are never fantastic, but they are always fun.

Thrax you really should read the graphic novel. It's amazingly good and there are many bits that I doubt the movie can translate effectively. Plus, you can read through it in a few days. On top of that, because of the changes that the movie made (I'm not complaining about them until I see the film and make my mind up as to whether they need complained about, I'm leaning towards no) you would be able to pick up new bits and pieces which I think would make it more than worthwhile.
    edited July 2009
    Not going to read it. I greatly enjoyed the movie as it was presented, and I don't want that experience altered by knowing what was changed or omitted (though I do know the ending was changed for the film, and it makes a fuck of a lot more sense than the novel's ending).
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    I watched 3/4 of it last night and thought it was great. I also never read the graphic novel. I'll finish it up tonight and chime in with my final opinion(fact).
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Watchmen film was great. It was the film we (as fans of the novel) wanted. In doing so, Snyder crippled the film from any traditional standpoints, but it's an outstanding film, and precisely the film we wanted.

Everyone, if you still can, go see UP. One of the best films of the year, bring a box of tissues, ect.
    edited July 2009
    Yea yea yea, It wasnt my cup of tea for a movie that is all, the Giant blue penis was disturbing but the real reason is I just didnt like the story
    edited July 2009
    For the movie UP, like he said.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    UP is excellent. Watchmen is very good. The Hangover was enjoyable too.

I'm excited to see Bruno this weekend.

Oh, and now that it's on DVD, Defiance is cool.
    edited July 2009
    Buddy J wrote:
    I'm excited to see Bruno this weekend.

Yeah, Bruno looks great. The only movie i have really had my eye out for this summer, aside from Star Trek which was good, is Harry Potter. Seen as how this is my favorit of the books I'm very excited
    edited July 2009
    Yeah, I still need to see UP but the local theatre scratched the film pretty badly.
    edited July 2009
    That was one of the better books, but my least favorite movie of the lot so far.
    edited July 2009
    UP was great, if at all possible see it in 3D holy bejeebus did it make it that much better. I've been a little bleh on the whole Harry Potter movie franchise, I'll probably still go see it since my illiterate friends refuse to read the books. Public Enemies, District 9, G.I. Joe, Orphan, and I hate to admit it Julie and Julia are the upcoming movies I'm interested in.
    edited July 2009
    Brothers looks good
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    We watched Push and Rise of the Lycans last night on PPV. I'm just glad we only spent $6 total for each as they both were disappointing. Push had an intriguing premise and the promise of superhero action, but delivered on neither. RotL was a true disappointment considering the first two movies were very good. The action and special effects were subpar. The only bright spot is you do get to watch Rhona Mitra for 3/4s of the movie.

Going to check out Up this weekend...
    edited July 2009
    Koreish wrote:
    I've been a little bleh on the whole Harry Potter movie franchise, I'll probably still go see it since my illiterate friends refuse to read the books.

Ha! I'm right there with you Koreish. It really gets me when someone claims that they love the movie "sooooo much," but still refuse to read the book. It's so absurd I just totally don't understand it. Well, unless it's a book written off a movie. Those are always trash. Eh, oh well though, to each his own.
    edited July 2009
    Brüno = LUL, take your parents and young children.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2018
    I liked Bruno. It was lultastic.

I especially liked the part 45 minutes into the movie where a kid in the audience at the theater loudly asked his parents "Is he gay?"
  • chrisWhitechrisWhite Littleton, CO
    edited July 2009
    I really really want to go see Moon. I've been hearing such good things about it.
    edited July 2009
    Such as?
  • chrisWhitechrisWhite Littleton, CO
    edited July 2009
    Just lots of Tweets mentioning it was really good.
  • poofiepoofie Baltimore, MD Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    are we only talking about new releases? what about our favorite movies of all time?