Movie Thread

Comments

• ledbetterledbetter Chattanooga, TN
    edited August 2009
    My wife and I watched A.I. last night for the first time in ages, and I must say it has held up quite well over time. It's still a little chilling to see the remnants of the Twin Towers near the end. :sad2:
  • GrimnocGrimnoc Marion, IN
    edited August 2009
    I just saw a 1953(I believe) French film titled "The Red Balloon." I highly recommend watching it if you get the chance. It's basically about the wonder/innocence/whatever the heck you want to call it that comes with childhood.
  • ObsidianObsidian Michigan Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    I watched Ichi the Killer today at K's recommendation. Telling you much of anything about it would likely give away spoilers but man, that shit was bloody. Maybe I'll watch Fight Club for the millionth time tomorrow; that movie never gets old.
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    If you like bloody, see Tokyo Gore Police. It's one of those movies that its so bad it's good, and its so gory that you can help but laugh.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    Like Repo the Genetic Opera? Hmm, I guess there wasn't really to much gore though.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    Watch some of the Tromo movies if you want to see "so bad it's funny" movies. Toxic Avenger 4 is pretty awful/good.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    It's Troma. I am a bit too familiar with their work.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    Inglorious Basterds is a definite must see. Probably my favorite movie of the year.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    IB was a great movie, Classic QT style movie
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, the all out machine gunning....
    to hitler's face
    ....was priceless, and all of the irony was great.
    edited August 2009
    I'm looking forward to seeing Inglourious Basterds but I highly doubt it will unseat Slumdog Millionaire as my favorite movie of the year.
    edited August 2009
    Slumdog was last year though.
    edited August 2009
    IMDB lists the US release date as January 23rd 2009.
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    Just saw Inglourious Basterds. It's pretty great.
  • SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited August 2009
    WOW got Chocolate on DVD for 2 quid in a charity shop , possibly the best 2 quid ever the movie is excellent :bigggrin:

I saw "Chocolate" tonight. incredible

GO SEE THIS. It's on netflix streaming right now

</EMBED>
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    Isn't it? I love this movie.
  • SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited August 2009
    Bloopers was mad don't think the Thais have heard of H&S or a risk assesment :bigggrin:
    edited August 2009
    Went and saw district 9 , COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME
    edited August 2009
    :tim:
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited August 2009

Care to explain?
    edited August 2009
    No boobs
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    This statement makes me sad for humanity. It also helps me to understand why Hollywood makes mostly crap movies though.
    edited August 2009
    Could have been SOOOOOO much better, The story itself is good the Implementation of the story reeks I mean jeesh A Alien race with more power weapons and technology then us become OUR captives and lets us bully 1.6 million of them around with what a couple hundred soldiers with inferior weaponry? Please
    edited August 2009
    No boobs

There could have been TONS of Tits, Movie still woulda sucked But atleast I woulda left with seeing a bunch of Tits
    edited August 2009
    In case you weren't paying attention during the intro... the reason they were so easy to subdue was because the aliens were drones and the upper class that actually told them what to do had died off. They were malnourished, starving, listless, with no ability to think for themselves. Or so they said at the start of the movie...
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    Could have been SOOOOOO much better, The story itself is good the Implementation of the story reeks I mean jeesh A Alien race with more power weapons and technology then us become OUR captives and lets us bully 1.6 million of them around with what a couple hundred soldiers with inferior weaponry? Please

The reason why is explained in the first 15 minutes... The opening scene.
    edited August 2009
    On top of what Ardichoke said they had no means to power their superior fire power. It took them years to find enough fuel just to power the little pod to get back to the mothership thing.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    So if the humans wanted the aliens gone so much, why did the alien work so hard to keep the pod thing a secret? Couldn't he have said what it was for and the people would have been glad to let him do it so they could leave? Or at the very least, said, "Hey, we want to leave now. If you take us all back to our ship we'll leave and never come back.
    edited August 2009
    I would imagine because the humans would fear that if the aliens got their mothership active after what they had done to them, they would destroy earth or something. Remember, xenophobia isn't rational :-D
    edited August 2009
    There are far too many plot holes to answer them all. It's not meant to be taken so seriously, just enjoy it for what it is and stop asking so many damn questions ;)