Movie Thread

Comments

• KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    I'm not sure if I approve of this choice in characters by Team Nolan for the Dark Knight Rises, but I'm going to trust the Nolan's and Goyer to do good.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/114/1144798p1.html
  • jedihobbitjedihobbit Central Virginia, USA New
    edited January 2011
    While MF did a dandy job in the early Keaton versions I would like to give MS Hathaway the chance to do a "mature" roll........besides for an old f#*t I think she is hot!! ;D

Not sure of the others as I'm not attuned to what they have done.........:confused:
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    I didn't like Tron Legacy.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    I saw "I Love You Phillip Morris" the other day. My review is here.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Koreish wrote:
    I'm not sure if I approve of this choice in characters by Team Nolan for the Dark Knight Rises, but I'm going to trust the Nolan's and Goyer to do good.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/114/1144798p1.html

Anne Hathaway as Catwoman straight up makes sense, but Bane, I mean, freaking Bane! Meh.....

The thing about Nolan's Gotham, the villains have been of of the less super variety. Bane never really felt like he fit in Gotham. Never liked those comics, they were a gimmick, hey we broke Batman's back, this issue is now super collectible! (not really) Nolan has done a good job at creating villains that feel real, like okay, that guy is nuts and dresses funny, but, without outlandish powers, it kind of makes that world feel a little more attainable to the audience. I would have thought villians like Bane, or Clayface, or Killer Crock, even Mr. Freeze, are all just not going to fit into Nolan's Gotham, but hey, what do I know?

I was almost certain he would do a story where you find out the Penguin is pulling the strings for a great deal of the organized crime in the city, and maybe even go so far as to link it to the Wayne family murders. Too predictable perhaps?

If I had my way, I'd have seen Johnny Depp at the Riddler. Anne Hathaway as Catwoman though, I'll buy that for a dollar.
    edited January 2011
    In my dream world, Neil Patrick Harris is the Riddler. This will never happen. But this is my dream.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    In my dream world, Neil Patrick Harris is the Riddler. This will never happen. But this is my dream.

Oh man, that would RULE.

Anne Hathaway is never a bad pick (DEM EYES). I'm excited about her being Catwoman. Michelle Pfeiffer is going to be a tough act to follow though.

I agree with Cliff though. I'm not big on Bane, I never was. Plus, I can't shake the thought of the Bane/Poison Ivy combo in that terrible not-to-be-mentioned Batman film. Bane/Catwoman in Nolan's world? Eh..

Just, meh. Don't like Bane.

I wish... man, I wish we could have had Harley Quinn. I love Harley Quinn, and having her in the next film would be the perfect way to let the Joker live on, in a way. Plus, Nolan is the perfect person to undo the attrocity that was the Harley character design in Arkham Asylum (nerd rage!)
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited January 2011

Thats not a bad idea. I could see that working nicely.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    I saw The Hurt Locker last night. Not bad but I think there was a bit too much hype around it.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    I was really hoping for Hugo Strange, the Riddler, or Black Mask as villains, all of whom I think would both fit in Nolan's world and all of whom I think Tom Hardy could play pretty convincingly.

The big problem is Bane he doesn't have a good rep in movies because of Schumacher's dung heap. Even in the comics the biggest highlight Bane had was as the man that broke the Bat an event however that happened so early (first appearance) that just can't be toppled.

Catwoman is iffy for me because she has had so many different interpretations as a villain/hero/love interest that I think it would be tricky for Nolan to find a good place for her. Plus the memory of the Halle Barry film still makes me cringe.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited January 2011
    I have no issue with Bane, he can be used well. But he's a bullet not the gun. Catwoman has never really been an interesting character for me. Just a simple distraction and a generally cheese one at that.

I was really hoping for some Hugo Strange as a main villain. But it is Nolan and while he's not infallible I have a lot of trust in him given his past works. I'm pretty sure he'll do right.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    In my dream world, Neil Patrick Harris is my Diddler. This will never happen. But this is my dream.
    FTFY
    edited January 2011
    I saw "Cyrus" last week. Never see it. It's a pile of shit, one of the worst movies I've seen in a long time.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Saw Black Swan with Jackie this weekend. Phenomenal movie.
  • jedihobbitjedihobbit Central Virginia, USA New
    edited January 2011
    Very seldom go to the theater.....so my netflix was Invictus. Did Like!!
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    I recommend heartily In Bruges if anyone hasn't heard of/seen it. Excellent film.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Oh man... I've been meaning to see In Bruges, but I keep forgetting.

I just saw a bit of movie NEWS that makes me weep.... apparently they may be making 2 more Matrix movies. This is proof there is no just and loving god.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Thrax wrote:
    Saw Black Swan with Jackie this weekend. Phenomenal movie.
    +1
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    hedwig_and_the_angry_inch.jpg

This
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    ardichoke wrote:
    Oh man... I've been meaning to see In Bruges, but I keep forgetting.

I just saw a bit of movie NEWS that makes me weep.... apparently they may be making 2 more Matrix movies. This is proof there is no just and loving god.

The story was updated. Apparently it was a hoax. Weeping averted!!
    edited January 2011
    Crazy Joe wrote:
    The story was updated. Apparently it was a hoax. Weeping averted!!

Thank the dark lords.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    I wouldn't mind another two Matrix films. I may be the only person on earth that likes Reloaded and Revolutions, though.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Thrax wrote:
    I wouldn't mind another two Matrix films. I may be the only person on earth that likes Reloaded and Revolutions, though.

They each had their moments. Not nearly the caliber of the first, though.
    edited January 2011
    Don't get me wrong, they weren't terrible movies. They were enjoyable and I still watch them on occasion. They just don't come anywhere near living up to the first one.

The special effects in Reloaded were horrendous though which just about ruined it for me. They relied too much on CGI and it showed.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    I'm with Ardi - Revo was great. Reloaded took what was a great first movement and took it to the dark side of CGI.
  • QuadWhoreQuadWhore Toledo, Ohio, U.S. Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    I have to be honest with you guys. I've only seen the first one, reloaded, and the animatrix. I haven't seen the last one yet... but I own the collection. I'll watch it for you guys.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Also loved Animatrix. Great box set.
    edited January 2011
    Animatrix was pretty awesome. Far better than Reloaded for sure.
  • QuadWhoreQuadWhore Toledo, Ohio, U.S. Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    The animatrix was just too awesome. I actually saw it before I watched the first matrix, but it made the movie's concept even more defined.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Thrax wrote:

You aren't alone. I actually enjoyed them quite a bit as individual movies and as a trilogy.