edited September 2010
    I HAVE to see Machete
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited September 2010
    Saw Machete, loved it wrote a review about it
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    I HAVE to see Machete

You do. It's Lindsay Lohan's best performance to date.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    Shouldn't be hard to out perform herself.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    Koreish wrote:
    Shouldn't be hard to out perform herself.

I'd out perform her, I'd out perform all over her, twice. Youknow?

Do want to see Machete also

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    ....an orgy scene in a pool featuring an uncredited blonde playing the character played by Lohan in other scenes.

-Digi
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    orgy double?
    edited September 2010
    Yep she got a boob double and I have to say they are fine.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    kryyst wrote:
    Yep she got a boob double and I have to say they are fine.

Probably better than seeing her boobs anyways. I imagine they are quite alien.
    edited December 2010
    Just saw True Grit. Awesome, without a doubt my favorite movie of 2010.

You can read my review on my forum here
    edited December 2010
    I'm happy to hear that. I'm going to take my dad while I'm down in Houston this weekend!
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Winfrey wrote:
    I liked Sunshine, but I understand where you are coming from. I watched it with some other people that absolutely hated the movie. Especially the science parts of it, the whole "it's minus 273 degrees celcius! We gotta hold our breaths!" part was pretty lame. I mean it would be cold, but definitely not absolute zero.

Nothing like jumping a year back in time.... I just watched Sunshine about a week ago. It was interesting.

Also, with regards to your quibble about temperature, you're incorrect. As space is (nearly) a void, it's average temperature is technically as close to absolute zero as you can get

From http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-the-temperature-in-space.htm
    The short answer is that the temperature in space is approximately 2.725 Kelvin. That means the universe is generally just shy of three degrees above absolute zero – the temperature at which molecules themselves stop moving. That’s almost -270 degrees Celsius, or -455 Fahrenheit.

In one sense, we can talk about the temperature in space as being 2.725 K. This shifts a bit from place to place, but not by much more than a thousandth of a degree. For all intents and purposes, this is the generally accepted temperature in space.

As far as dying in space, the bigger issue would be the fact that when you're in a zero pressure environment, liquids (such as your blood) would both freeze and boil at the same time very quickly. This is what would most likely kill you, and do it very rapidly. BTW: This is known as the triple point, which can be demonstrated easily using a vacuum setup and tert-butyl alcohol.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BLRqpJN9zeA?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BLRqpJN9zeA?fs=1&hl=en_US&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

We did this same experimental in my college introductory chem lab. Probably one of the coolest things I've ever seen. Can't say it would be too pleasant to feel your blood and whatnot doing that while it's in your body though.
    edited December 2010
    Awesome video. I knew of triple point but I don't know that I had seen it demonstrated.
  • QuadWhoreQuadWhore Toledo, Ohio, U.S. Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Watched Inception with the family on Christmas night. I was blown away by it. Every single part of it.
    edited December 2010
    True Grit was pretty good and my dad loved it!
    edited December 2010
    Also, I saw Tron the other day. Oh man.
    edited December 2010
    QuadWhore wrote:
    Also, I saw Tron the other day. Oh man.

QFT
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    So we all know that M. Night Shamalamadingdong for the most part writes his own movies right? And that arguably his only good movie is the Sixth Sense? Well Nickolodeon beat him to his only good original work by 5 years.
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Tron's special effects were fantastic as was the soundtrack, but I found the plot lacking.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Preacher wrote:
    Tron's special effects were fantastic as was the soundtrack, but I found the plot lacking.

I felt the exact same way, but truth be told effects and music were all I was going for when stepping into the theater. I was quite a happy camper.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    I couldn't stand the CG young Jeff Bridges. Uncanny Valley spilling out all over the place.

The rest of the film, however, I really enjoyed.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    UPSLynx wrote:
    I couldn't stand the CG young Jeff Bridges. Uncanny Valley spilling out all over the place.

Oh man, I can't believe I blocked that out. I bitched about that for two whole days afterward. I completely agree.
    edited December 2010
    My sister was saying the same thing about the CG Clue, but, I didn't mind so much because I feel like it fit, because he is, after all, a program.

I think however Tron utilized stereoscopy way better than any other movie. When Jeff Bridges identity disc was floating, and the camera was looking straight into it, it was amazing have the depth of field that there was.

And I hate all of this new 3D obsession.
  • ardichokeardichoke
    shrugs

I didn't have a problem with the CG young Jeff Bridges. In fact, I didn't even notice it. I can only imagine that that is because I didn't know it going into the movie.
    Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    shrugs

I didn't have a problem with the CG young Jeff Bridges. In fact, I didn't even notice it. I can only imagine that that is because I didn't know it going into the movie.
    edited December 2010
    Ardichokes can shrug?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    The uncanny valley with CLU was huge; the musculature of his face was not at all subtle enough to convincingly portray a human. The second he moved his mouth in the <i>trailer</i>, I realized it was CGI. Oh well.

That said: I <i>really, really</i> enjoyed Tron. The special effects were spectacular, the soundtrack was <b>even better</b> in context, and the plot was what I expected. All told, it delivered exactly what I wanted.
    edited December 2010
    Oh... you mean young Jeff Bridges ala CLU... I thought you meant in the beginning scenes. Yeah, I could tell CLU was CGI, but it didn't bother me because it's freaking TRON, it's supposed to be taking place in a computer, I expected that.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Thrax wrote:
    The uncanny valley with CLU was huge; the musculature of his face was not at all subtle enough to convincingly portray a human. The second he moved his mouth in the <i>trailer</i>, I realized it was CGI. Oh well.

That said: I <i>really, really</i> enjoyed Tron. The special effects were spectacular, the soundtrack was <b>even better</b> in context, and the plot was what I expected. All told, it delivered exactly what I wanted.

I actually thought, WOW, that really looks like a young Jeff Bridges, I mean, I knew it was CGI, but damn, to look at that, it had to be kinda strange if your the actor to see computer animators take 30 years off your face. I know what your saying, its kinda like Forest Gump shaking JFK's hand, its like, yeah, its pretty obvious those two are not in the same room, but at the same time, you kinda go, WOW, they just did that.

Plot wise I thought they tried a little too hard. I would have cut 40 minutes of disposition, added five more of Olivia Wilde just looking hot, and maybe ten more of stuff DeRezzing, but overall, I was really pleased. I'd recommend it just for the action pieces, heck, seeing the light cycles again on the big screen was worth the price. Its a visual feast.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    added five more of Olivia Wilde just looking hot,

+1. I can get on that train.
    edited December 2010
    UPSLynx wrote:
    +1. I can get on that train.

Also joining the band...train?
  • jedihobbitjedihobbit Central Virginia, USA New
    edited January 2011
    Finally got around to seeing the latest incarnation of Sherlock Holmes..... As one raised on Basil Rathbone playing the part, found the movie interesting, entertaining, and enjoyable. :thumbup<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>