Movie Thread

Comments

• KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    How exactly would holding your breath help in a situation in which it was that cold? Death is knocking whether you breath or not homie.
  • edited January 2010
    Avatar was enjoyable, but Sunshine actually employed some creative screen-writing. I suppose it all comes down to preference. So now I've shared my preference.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    I love Sunshine so damn much. :D
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    Koreish wrote:
    How exactly would holding your breath help in a situation in which it was that cold? Death is knocking whether you breath or not homie.

Technically, if you hold your breath and keep warm air in your core, you can last a bit longer. If you breathe in at those temperatures, you'd freeze your alveoli and basically all of your mucosal surfaces instantly - and then not only can't you breathe, but your insulated core is gone, and your body temperature drops even faster because it's getting cooled inside and out.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    Of course at absolute zero the point is moot anyway cuz hold your breath or not you wouldn't last more than a couple seconds of agonizing pain.
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    Thrax wrote:
    I love Sunshine so damn much. :D

Not trying to troll, but why? I just don't get anything redeeming from that movie...nothing was funny, nothing was interesting, nothing was enlightening, nothing really made any sense.

I like Danny Boyle too...
  • GrimnocGrimnoc Marion, IN
    edited January 2010
    I just watched "Planet Terror" for the second time. I almost forgot how much I enjoy that film.
  • edited January 2010
    What about Death Proof?
  • GrimnocGrimnoc Marion, IN
    edited January 2010
    What about Death Proof?

No.
    edited January 2010
    what about death proof?

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    Stop breaking my site! Edited for less O action.
    edited January 2010
    Lincoln wrote:

My response NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :p
    edited January 2010
    Lincoln wrote:
    Oh?
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    Uh oh.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited January 2010
    Saw Book of Eli, loved it. The visual contrast they used was well done and the fight scenes were very cool. But it's the story itself that really sold it for me. But I can fully understand why it's not getting good marks from some critics. It's the type of movie that some people just won't get or clue into. They never really fully come out and explain it to you and without that light bulb going off at the end the bigger message in the picture is utterly lost.

This is one I'm definitely snapping up on DVD when it comes out. Denzel was perfect in the role as was Gary Oldman even Mila Kunis who I can't really stand wasn't terrible, though still miscast in this movie.
    edited July 2010
    It's a shame that Inception will never do as well in the box office as the Dark Night. Christopher Nolan far outshines that with his latest film.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    No, but its critical and viewer acclaim will hopefully make headroom for other cerebral films, a genre that has not done well in contemporary cinema.
    edited July 2010
    I need to go see Inception... that movie looks mind-bendingly awesome. The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus was pretty awesome (and mind-bending) as well. Ooh... I just watched Brazil the other day that was good too. Terry Gilliam makes some great and twisted movies.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    Dr. Parnassus was pretty cool. I really want to see Inception. Saw Robin Hood yesterday and it was pretty awesome.
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    Inception was incredible. Apparently it's also the biggest opening Leonardo Dicaprio has ever had. I'm glad that it's doing so well, since hopefully it will remind Hollywood that "smart" movies can do well in the box office too!
  • ObsidianObsidian Michigan Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    Inception was incredible. Apparently it's also the biggest opening Leonardo Dicaprio has ever had. I'm glad that it's doing so well, since hopefully it will remind Hollywood that "smart" movies can do well in the box office too!
    I'm planning on seeing it later this week. Hopefully I share the popular belief that it is freakin amazing, instead of Red Reed here:
    Red Reed wrote:
    I'd like to tell you just how bad Inception really is, but since it is barely even remotely lucid, no sane description is possible.
    He's getting flamed quite a bit for that ;D
    edited July 2010
    He's definitely in the minority from what I've seen. All the people that I know have said it's a damn good movie. Of course, cerebral movies aren't for everyone.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited July 2010

Christopher Nolan has yet to make a bad film.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    I plan to see Inception this Saturday with Sugar. I have only heard great things and I don't read critics reviews. Everyone I know who has seen it have rave reviews.

-Digi
    edited July 2010
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    I plan to see Inception this Saturday with Sugar. I have only heard great things and I don't read critics reviews. Everyone I know who has seen it have rave reviews.

-Digi

Yeah man I saw it last night, so good.
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    So awesome. :) Inception had such a unique plot! We went in not even knowing what it was about... and it took a little while to figure out what was going on, and we looked at each other when we both figured it out, and were pleasantly surprised. Very cool movie.
  • ObsidianObsidian Michigan Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    I'm glad that I don't share Reed's opinion of the movie. It was definitely thought provoking and DiCaprio did a great job of conveying pain.
    edited July 2010
    I'm assuming that you meant Rex Reed, not Red Reed Obsidian. Yeah... it seems that he tends to hate movies that are widely regarded as being quite good and likes movies and are generally seen as crap. Or at least a cursory glance of his page on Rotten Tomatoes goes. After a while you have to start wondering if he disagrees with the other critics just for the sake of disagreeing.
    edited September 2010
    machete-poster.jpg
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    MAGIC wrote:
    machete-poster.jpg

Love this stuff.

I just saw Inglorious Bastards on cable a couple weeks ago. Instantly one of my favorite films. Great stuff.