Overwatch

Comments

• SodaSoda Ann Arbor, MI Icrontian

@Canti said:
    Lucio can now wall ride in reverse, Roadhog can't hook around corners anymore and DVa is dead. Neat.

But Roadhog CAN drop people off ledges now. It's basically the best.

pigflipper
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian

My favorite buff this patch is Mccree actually being usable again now that the tank meta's relaxed a little with the Dva and Ana nerfs.

UPSLynx
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

@HumerusMeg that Mercy skin is her 2nd best skin yet (behind the Witch skin, ofc). I have the coins to get it - if the RNG gods do not favor me, then I will definitely buy it.

So far, I've played 7 hours in 2 days of the new update. I've gotten 9 loot boxes, and all but one contained nothing but event sprays and player icons. The one exception was the cute AF tracer highlight intro with the dragon (which I'll never use because I can't into Tracer).

My luck knows no bounds.

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

Symmetra needs a nerf right now. Real bad. Especially in the capture the flag mode. Her turrets are just too dang strong and fast to be put up. And her primary weapon is basically garbage.

Other than that? Pretty happy with the current balance, I think. Very happy with the changes to D.va (she's been broken for far too long.) Roadhog's new hook needed to be done, and people still seem to enjoy playing him, so I'm into it.

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

Roadhog's new hook feels super nice. Tried it tonight for the first time.

• pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian

@UPSLynx said:
    Symmetra needs a nerf right now. Real bad. Especially in the capture the flag mode. Her turrets are just too dang strong and fast to be put up. And her primary weapon is basically garbage.

Last night I died more to Symmetra in two games that I have in pretty much all the matches I have played up until that point. It was stupid. Way OP now.

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

SHH NO SYMMETRA IS FINE IT'S FINE

Zanthianpigflippercola
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian

Symmetra needs the nerf stick badly

pigflipper
  • Killa Cliff, THE Own so Hard University!

RahnalH102
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited March 2017

• MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian

Does this game suck now? I see very few of us playing it anymore. Logged on this weekend and the game is SO much more toxic than I remember. Not fun at all.

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian

@Myrmidon said:
    Does this game suck now? I see very few of us playing it anymore. Logged on this weekend and the game is SO much more toxic than I remember. Not fun at all.

The balance is completely shot to hell and the community has become arguably more toxic than League of Legends. I very rarely enjoy my time playing and more often than not it puts me in a shitty mood for the rest of the evening.

trooster89
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    edited March 2017

Busy and sick and then distracted over the last couple weeks are the reasons I haven't been ingame over the last week or so.

I personally have stuck to arcade mode recently cause I tend to have the most fun in the game modes in there. Playing with friends is also usually a great boon to the experience. Usually. Similar situation to LoL.

For the sake of discussion, do you think the increase in toxicity you've noticed is a result of the rank and pro scene growing and evolving for the game? Therefore people take it much more seriously even if they aren't playing in ranked mode let alone up at the skill level to be considered a pick for pro teams? I personally haven't seen much toxicity, mostly due to me playing in Arcade modes often I guess. There was that one CTF match that I don't want to recall though.

• MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian

@RahnalH102 said:
    For the sake of discussion, do you think the increase in toxicity you've noticed is a result of the rank and pro scene growing and evolving for the game?

Someone else is gonna have to take this and run with it. I stopped playing or paying attention to Overwatch right after Ana was released, and only just dipped my toe in again these last two days... I have no idea what's been happening in OW's world.

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

I still totally love the game and I haven't run into too many community problems. I just tend to play a TON during the events, so I tend to not want to play as much when there's no event happening.

Levexsharkydart
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    edited March 2017

@Myrmidon said:

@RahnalH102 said:
    For the sake of discussion, do you think the increase in toxicity you've noticed is a result of the rank and pro scene growing and evolving for the game?

Someone else is gonna have to take this and run with it. I stopped playing or paying attention to Overwatch right after Ana was released, and only just dipped my toe in again these last two days... I have no idea what's been happening in OW's world.

Gameplay-wise:
    Symetra got reworked. Bastion got reworked. Sombra was introduced. Arcade modes were introduced. CTF was introduced. Various buffs causing D.Va to rise highly. Those plus Ana caused a tank meta to form. Both ahve since been nerfed.

Pro Scene-wise: Blizz announced Overwatch League at Blizzcon. Which is basically an infrastructure for the Overwatch esport scene similar to the structure that physical sports use. Area based and owned teams. Could be a Team Detroit or Team Albuquerque for example. They've only announced all this so far, and are still trying to set things up for it.

Otherwise the pro-scene has grown naturally. And like League, the metas the pros use are "enforced" at the regular level of play. I think this is probably the main reason the toxicity has seemed to increase since the couple months after launch. Cause that seems to be the main point of conflict people have stirred up most often in my view. People with the meta on their mind think if you play a certain hero then you're a bad and are just throwing the game. Never mind if you're actually good at the hero, trying to synergize with your team in a different way, trying to counter a certain troublemaker on the opposite team, or just trying to have fun. That stigma is on Junkrat, and was on Symetra, Bastion, and Hanzo before they were changed up.

pigflipper
  • KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

@Myrmidon said:

Lol. I am on the game always kinda sucked train. You can see my oddly long post on it. There were always issue with the game, but when it's shiny and new you are more likely to overlook them. Now since the shine has worn off the game you notice the issues more. cough Fuck your stupid ass hit boxes cough.

• colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian

I'm still playing, and I still enjoy the game for the gameplay. In competitive queue it can get...well...competitive and people metashame and rage more often than I'd like. The other game modes are far less competitive and people are in general just playing for fun and you can do whatever you want. Grouping up to queue just makes everything better imo.

Yeah, i am trending down in competitive this season and it mostly feels like it is due to toxic teams. Someone gets tilted and decides to throw or the team just stops working together. Solo queue is rough.

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian

I have started having fun in this game by muting everyone except my buddies and playing Genji while blasting the Metal Gear Rising OST.

Not all the time buy sometimes, it is also especially fun to ult as Genji right when RULES OF NATURE hits.

RahnalH102sharkydart

UPSLynx

UPSLynx
  • aspieRommelaspieRommel Icrontic politico Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

I'll just leave this here....

Zanthian

GnomeQueenRahnalH102

Canti

Just unlocked the new Torb without a beard... excite!

UPSLynx