Overwatch

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

ITT: Karma Get Off My Lawns.

UPSLynxUPSKingpin
  • KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

@primesuspect said:
    ITT: Karma Get Off My Lawns.

Look we all like different things. I like simplicity, really solid mechanics and balance above all else. The more added to all these games the less I like them. It's just personal preference.

Linc
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian

Played a couple of matches. Was really fun.

UPSLynx
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

Seeing so many on my friends list and not being able to join them. tear

PirateNinja
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian

Definitely some of the most fun I've had recently. Seriously considering buying it when it comes out.

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

This game is soooo much fun. I haven't played a character I disliked yet. I think Niswole is my favorite character so far.

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

Good rounds tonight, lots of fun. :D

DontCallMeKelso
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian

Played 6-7 matches last night with @Charity. Had a blast, even though some of the teams paid zero attention to group composition (which showed when the other team coordinated). Charity even said she loved it, and she never says she loves FPS games. She started healing toward the end. I think the option to play a class that doesn't just "kill all the things!" contributed to to her enjoyment.

I'll definitely be picking this one up. :)

UPSLynxRahnalH102

Having so much fun playing as D.Va!!

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

10/10 games last night. Reaper sucks.

TiberiusLazarus

That actually resembles Jackie

GnomeQueen

@GnomeQueen is a good Mei!

IC Waifu Team is best Overwatch team.

ChoochRahnalH102

That does not actually resemble Jackie

GnomeQueenRahnalH102Thrax
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian

I didn't realize I was in the stress test last night until about 40 minutes before bed time. Played a few games mostly as the dwarf and robohealer. I enjoy the dwarf even if he is just another version of the engie, I liked that there was did for me to do and a purpose to scrap after my turret was up and maxed.

The robohealer, seems odd. It felt like I wss being useful, but I couldn't tell how useful I was. So it was a bit meh.

I did also try the shielding builder tech girl, but the enemy never got near the point so I didn't do much other than get shot and run around. I was confused why I couldn't put shields on some people after it appeared that theirs had been lost.

I played a small portion of a game add hiphophealer, Jet Set Support, I think he would be more useful in a planned comp and longer maps. It isn't obvious how to heal as him either.

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

This game... Will be purchased by me.

TiberiusLazarusUPSLynxChooch

Yeah, I'm over to the purchase side of the fence now. :)

Chooch

This is pretty hilarious.

Chooch

hoo boy, Blizzard is planning on a ranked mode for Overwatch - if not by launch, then shortly afterward. My freetime will be in big trouble...

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/19972927799

PirateNinja
  • DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

@UPSLynx wtf, that glitch?! Like... how... wtf

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

Theory I saw proposed was that since Tracer's Rewind was set on a temporary piece of ground, when it was triggered it had lost the rewind point and so transported her elsewhere.

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

MY BETA ACCESS WAS A LIE cries

RahnalH102

@UPSLynx said:
    This is pretty hilarious.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20042824781

and fixed

OK so check it:

Blizzard just confirmed that the game will have free maps and heroes. No paid DLC for future content. HUGE news that they finally confirmed this, because that means they're not screwing people by making the game a paid SKU. Smart way to do it, makes me much happier to pay for the game. $40 full game + future free updates, not a bad deal at all.

MiracleManSRahnalH102

I am beginning to have severe withdrawal from this game. I miss it a ton. Few of the other games available to me right now are as fun as Overwatch. I need it.

But! updates: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20421003773

So beta isn't coming back until late February, probably. That sucks. However, they are adding a TON of stuff, including new modes, maps and a load of balance changes. Hopefully, everyone who had that beta access gets back in :/

BobbyDigi
    edited February 2016

http://us.battle.net/overwatch/en/blog/20008200/overwatch-closed-beta-back-in-action-february-9-2-3-2016

Yeesssss. Beta returns next week!

Important updates for the return:

• New progression system
    • 2 new maps, 1 new game mode (yus)
    • balance tweaks
    • Private game updates, including full bot matches. hell yeah.

Private matches are HUGE. Time for Icrontic Overwatch 6v6!!

BobbyDigiMarshmellow

PRIVATE MATCHES YESSSSSSSS

UPSLynx
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

Hnnnnnnnng

Important note:

As a reminder: If you had access to the Closed Beta before the break, you will continue to have access during this next phase of testing. With so much new content available, we're also looking to recruit more players to help us get an even wider range of perspectives and feedback—so if you're interested in participating, make sure to opt in!

-Digi

Strikes

So the latest beta patch has a TON of tweaks to it. Torbjorn got nerfed to hell, and he's completely broken now. They took his repair amount from 100 HP per hit (on his turret) to 50. I agree that Torbjorn dug in too hard and made attacking against his turret nearly impossible, but this nerf is so significant that he's pretty much worthless now. A level 2 turret doesn't stand a chance against ANY focused fire, and even if you're right there constantly repairing your turret, it'll get destroyed in a matter of seconds if someone keeps firing at it. Bums me out, Torbjorn is my 2nd favorite class to play.

Sigh, the drama of beta play.

dis match was a gud match @midga @Thrax @BobbyDigi @DontCallMeKelso

BobbyDigiThrax