Movie Thread

Comments

• PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    You aren't alone. I actually enjoyed them quite a bit as individual movies and as a trilogy.
    We have a trilogy of Matrix-appreciators. The first movie was so amazing in terms of story and special effct, I don't think the sequel could have ever lived up to many people's expectations. I still feel they were fantastic though.
  • jedihobbitjedihobbit Central Virginia, USA New
    edited February 2011
    Speaking of CGI, watched Ironman 2 last night compliments of Netflix. Not quite sure of having Nick Fury, et al helped any but thought the scene with Capt America's shield was kinda funny.
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    jedihobbit wrote:
    watched Ironman 2 last night
    Worth it for Scarlett Johansson.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Basil wrote:
    This
    edited February 2011
    Basil wrote:
    Tushon wrote:
    This

And her stunt double whooping ars!! ;D
    edited February 2011
    Okay y'all don't laugh too hard, but...............

Like animation so rented Kung Fu Panda without much expectations. Turned out to be fun and interesting. The animation was great and if one listened to what was being said, good advice could be found. :wink:
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    jedihobbit wrote:
    Okay y'all don't laugh too hard, but...............

Like animation so rented Kung Fu Panda without much expectations. Turned out to be fun and interesting. The animation was great and if one listened to what was being said, good advice could be found. :wink:

For the record, I too love Kung Foo Panda :rockon:
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    For the record, I too love Kung Foo Panda :rockon:

QFT
    edited February 2011
    Now this one will surely get me panned!!! ;D

Couple of weeks ago I watched "Price of Persia - Sand of Time" and we all have read how sucky it is......sorry but found it a fun time of shear amusement! Great mindless intertainment - just what I needed! :rolleyes2
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    jedihobbit wrote:
    Now this one will surely get me panned!!! ;D

Couple of weeks ago I watched "Price of Persia - Sand of Time" and we all have read how sucky it is......sorry but found it a fun time of shear amusement! Great mindless intertainment - just what I needed! :rolleyes2

Everything that I've heard said that it was actually a good movie. I never bothered to see it because it's a video game movie.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Watched the new A-Team movie tonight. I enjoyed it a lot.
  • MalpercioMalpercio Greater St. Louis Area
    edited February 2011
    Watched the new A-Team movie tonight. I enjoyed it a lot.

I've seen it several times, and I've always enjoyed it. I really do have a weak spot for action movies, though.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Fans of Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz and Spaced (Lincoln this is to you especially as a virtual Brit)....

Saw Paul yesterday. It absolutely did not dissapoint. Lots of cheeky Brit humour from Pegg/Frost and classic US humour from Rogen (as Paul the alien). Rarely have I sat in a movie cinema and laughed out loud. I wasn't the only one either!

Highly recommended. A simple premise delivered elegantly with almost no segments that could be considered "throw-away". Only thing missing was Edgar Wrights unique direction (but the director did a great job!).
    edited February 2011
    ardichoke wrote:
    Everything that I've heard said that it was actually a good movie. I never bothered to see it because it's a video game movie.

Think studios are starting to figure it out after the dismal Mortal Kombat, with a slow start........ ;D
    edited February 2011
    jedihobbit wrote:
    Think studios are starting to figure it out after the dismal Mortal Kombat, with a slow start........ ;D

That wasn't even the start... the start was the abysmal Super Mario Bros movie.
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    Shorty wrote:
    Fans of Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz and Spaced (Lincoln this is to you especially as a virtual Brit)....

Saw Paul yesterday. It absolutely did not dissapoint. Lots of cheeky Brit humour from Pegg/Frost and classic US humour from Rogen (as Paul the alien). Rarely have I sat in a movie cinema and laughed out loud. I wasn't the only one either!

Highly recommended. A simple premise delivered elegantly with almost no segments that could be considered "throw-away". Only thing missing was Edgar Wrights unique direction (but the director did a great job!).

Dan, I saw it last night and couldn't beleive how many times I suddenly burst out in hysterical laughter. This in my mind has the potential to become a new cult classic that will endure through generations. I think I will need to see it again to see if I missed anything while laughing the first time! :thumbup:thumbup
    edited March 2011
    Again tks to netflix, watched a movie that was "old" but didn't realize how old until I saw how young Christian Slater was....."The Name of the Rose".

Interesting time piece that looked to be "technically" correct that was an interesting who done it. :thumbup
    edited March 2011
    Went to see a Red State screening (and Q&A session with Kevin Smith) in Ann Arbor at the Michigan Theater. Must say I was impressed. I enjoyed it just as much as many of Kevin Smith's comedies. I wouldn't exactly call it a horror film though. It was more Tarantinoesque than anything else though parts of it were definitely chilling and had me on the edge of my seat. Of course Smith was hilarious as usual in the Q&A session. Michael Parks turned in an amazing performance (which will probably be largely overlooked because of the fact it occurred in a Kev Smith film) as did John Goodman. Bottom line, if you enjoy Kevin Smith, try and get yourself to one of the early screenings (http://coopersdell.com) If not, at least go see it when it hits regular theaters in October. It's worth it IMHO.

The trailer for your previewing pleasure:

<embed src='http://www.smodcast.com/mediaplayer/player.swf' height='448' width='760' allowscriptaccess='always' allowfullscreen='true' flashvars='image=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.smodcast.com%2Ftease%2Ftease.jpg&file=http%3A%2F%2Fs3.amazonaws.com%2Fsmodcast%2Ftease.flv&plugins=viral-1'/>
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    Just watched Jackass 3

Hilarious! If you enjoyed the first 2, watch this one. I wish I would have see it on the big screen in 3D, was probably worth the couple extra bucks.

-Digi
    edited March 2011
    Book of Eli.....awsome intertainment to say the least!! :hair: :bigggrin:
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    jedihobbit wrote:
    Book of Eli.....awsome intertainment to say the least!! :hair: :bigggrin:

I was whelmed by Book of Eli. The end came and I said "ok, that was a movie."
    edited March 2011
    127 Hours ... pretty crazy and almost entirely true to what actually happened.
  • QuadWhoreQuadWhore Toledo, Ohio, U.S. Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    @Book of Eli
    After I saw that movie, all on my mind was "Damn!". Some of my friends and family thought the movie was 'meh', but most of them didn't really seem to understand the whole concept.

@127 Hours
    My father got to meet Aron Ralston during some medical conference. So, we have a picture of him on our kitchen cabinets (with my dad) haha. We're still waiting to see the movie.

Movies on my list to see;
    A Serbian Film and Requiem for a Dream
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    QuadWhore wrote:
    Movies on my list to see;
    A Serbian Film and Requiem for a Dream

You are a twisted son of a bitch. We should hang out.
    edited March 2011
    That comment just put A Serbian Film on my radar.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    Don't. Just don't. Really. Don't.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    There is only one reason to watch Requiem for a Dream. When you see it, you'll know.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    I enjoyed seeing Mars Needs Moms in 3D with my son and he enjoyed it to. Come to think of it, the whole family enjoyed it including my grandaughter and wifey.
  • QuadWhoreQuadWhore Toledo, Ohio, U.S. Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    Also, you guys should see the movie Moon if you haven't. When it was over I was like "Lolwut".
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1182345/
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited March 2011
    I my wife and my 4yr old daughter all went to see Rango. She loved it, we all loved it actually. We've seen it twice now in fact. It is now on my list of all time favorite animated movies. Sits alongside Tale of Desperaux on that shelf. Just awesome, can't think of anything negative to say about it.