If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Strategy for GoDsenD

TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
edited May 2008 in Gaming
We need to hit this guy.

People not at the powerbase will have to send reinforcements to the people at the pb that are in a position to attack. Namely Q and Keebler. If you have a village at the pb, post up what you can contribute to an offensive.

People not at the pb, what do you have that you can send to reinforce the attacking villages? I know several people dispatched forces already and those troops will take time to get back to you from AT's conquered village.
«13456789

Comments

  • edited May 2008
    TBonZ wrote:
    We need to hit this guy.

    People not at the powerbase will have to send reinforcements to the people at the pb that are in a position to attack. Namely Q and Keebler. If you have a village at the pb, post up what you can contribute to an offensive.

    People not at the pb, what do you have that you can send to reinforce the attacking villages? I know several people dispatched forces already and those troops will take time to get back to you from AT's conquered village.

    Maybe stating the obvious, but, can I suggest including plenty of (or at least some) fake attacks into this plan to make sure he doesnt know which village is gonna be hit? multi waves on one village = big reinforcements Im sure.
  • edited May 2008
    I can spare about 2-3k pret's.
    Or about 6k if its totally necessary, but this will leave my capital mostly undefended.
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Possible strategies to discuss:

    1) Attacking wheat oasis and shorting his crop production.
    2) Launching fake attacks on various targets to spread his troops out if he is online during a coordinated offensive.
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Maybe stating the obvious, but, can I suggest including plenty of (or at least some) fake attacks into this plan to make sure he doesnt know which village is gonna be hit? multi waves on one village = big reinforcements Im sure.

    Yes sir!
  • edited May 2008
    TBonZ wrote:
    Possible strategies to discuss:

    1) Attacking wheat oasis and shorting his crop production.
    2) Launching fake attacks on various targets to spread his troops out if he is online during a coordinated offensive.

    I dont know the guy, cos I wasnt around last time, but IF it can be combined with Keebs Tripwire to wipe out his offensive troops from one village - maybe worth attacking another of his "offensive builders", as I am sure he will specialise def/off in diff villages?!
    At least (in theory) that would cripple him from an offensive point of view for a while - making him concentrate on rebuilding offensive troops, thus slowing his defensive production and, so, leaving more opportunities to get at him?
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Aries has 2000 axeman and 250 knights. I can also add 50 rams and 80 cats.

    Hera has a 2500 axe, 500 knights, 50 rams,and 100 cats.

    Dions can field 2500 axe and 1100 knights.

    Chronos can only add 56 rams and 80 cats.

    THAT'S it... :(
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    -89 | 148 is my village, Awesomesauceburg

    Lv 20 Main Building
    Lv 17 Grainary eta 1 hr 37 min with a capacity of 45,700
    Lv 12 Palisade

    Currently producing 488 wheat/hour.

    2000 Phalanxes
    343 Swordsmen
    222 Pathfinders
    136 Theutates Thunders
    1 Druidrider (102) in production

    Reinforcing 1000 Lv 20 Phalanx, 43 Scouts, 150 TThunders, and 5 Harudeans which will arrive in 4hrs 30 min. I hope to have the wheat production jacked higher by then. Also, just shipped 20K wheat to the village which arrives in 1 hr 15 min.
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Someone is going to win travian, no matter what we do- I say we worry about our own affairs and put all our efforts into Godsend. I've got about 7000 phalanxes left, but I've been training defensive troops mostly so my attack force is minimal.
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Harudath wrote:
    Someone is going to win travian, no matter what we do- I say we worry about our own affairs and put all our efforts into Godsend.

    I'm starting to think the same...
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Also, we need to mass scout all of GS villages to get an idea of just what he has. This will also send a message that every village may be a potential target.

    Btw - 7 mins until my scouts land.
  • LamboLambo Sunny Scotland
    edited May 2008
    Could we co-ordinate a mass scouting of all his Villages at the same time, to allow us to gain a full picture of his troops?

    Also, to REALLY hurt him, we're going to need Senators near his Villages. Do Q and Keebs have the expansion slots available? Should we look at setting up Village within reach of GodSenD for this purpose? Palace Lvl 20 and auto-ing the Academy? Keep the pop below 200 to keep it under radar and train 100 Legs per senator to guard.
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Lambo wrote:
    Could we co-ordinate a mass scouting of all his Villages at the same time, to allow us to gain a full picture of his troops?

    Absolutely, this is the way we'll have to do it.

    Also, check the logs, my scouts have arrived.
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    tbh I think myth will be too worried about the natars to attack them and defend from them as well as worrying about us attacking him. Our time has come :ninja:
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited May 2008
    I'm not too dissappointed over losing Cantrellia Major. The PB was a bad place to be (for this very reason). Only thing that really sucks is that all the resource fields were level 10 and most of my buildings were fully or near-fully upgraded. Sure sucks I spent all those resources building up my tournament square so that Cantrellia Prime could be reinforced from Cantrellia Major quickly and now it's gone. Turd face, GS! ;D
  • SidekicksolSidekicksol Kansas City, Kansas
    edited May 2008
    oh sh!t oh sh!t oh sh!t oh sh!t oh sh!t oh sh!t oh sh!t oh sh!t oh sh!t oh sh!t

    they were all fakes! argh where do we go now? which village?
  • edited May 2008
    get on IRC mang. :-P
  • SidekicksolSidekicksol Kansas City, Kansas
    edited May 2008
    -.- read the IRC thread in here...

    my IRC doesnt like to work and im lazy.
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    How about we start a smaller village cluster near the powerbase so it's within striking distance and fill them with resources, forget the resource nodes just increase warehouse, granary, barracks, stables, acadamies and blacksmith/armoury levels. That way we can coordinate attacks better thanks to all being roughly the same distance away.
  • Invisible-MuffinInvisible-Muffin Scotland
    edited May 2008
    Harudath wrote:
    How about we start a smaller village cluster near the powerbase so it's within striking distance and fill them with resources, forget the resource nodes just increase warehouse, granary, barracks, stables, acadamies and blacksmith/armoury levels. That way we can coordinate attacks better thanks to all being roughly the same distance away.

    that would take very long to set up, there may not be enough time.
    and if he spots it, it will go down...
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Do we have a better plan? I seriously don't know :tongue: I cant get onto IRC ¬_¬
  • Invisible-MuffinInvisible-Muffin Scotland
    edited May 2008
    Harudath wrote:
    Do we have a better plan? I seriously don't know :tongue: I cant get onto IRC ¬_¬

    go to rizon.net, through a proxy, and it may work...

    why did you get banned anyway?
    were you a bad boy...
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    It told me I was a bot and that my IP was banned... So I clicked the link to unban myself and it's telling me my IP isn't banned...
  • AlphaTrinityAlphaTrinity North Wales, PA
    edited May 2008
    Tbonz, tell me what you need from me and I'll do it.

    If you need me to provide defense I can do that (already have a few thousand lvl20 praes at the ready), if you want me to attack with any mix of troops I can do that too (will have lvl20 legions and imps fairly soon..then will start cavalry).

    Heck if you want me to provide resources for those who are doing the attacking and defending, I can do that too. Let me know.
  • edited May 2008
    Same here. I got plenty of defensive troops. I can have a couple thousand praes by the end of this week. Let me know what you guys need.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    OK... I am nearing 10k in elite axemen, 2500 elite knights ($$$), 200 rams, and 500 cats. I'm gonna fly through and pop a quick 10,000 mace in a few days. So... I should be able to send attack waves from all 4 of my big bases. I might be able to clear one or two villages but any more than that and I'll need to be a secondary wave.

    I am also working to get a few chiefs ready. So... whatever we kill, we keep.:rarr:

    I like next Sunday.... if we can do it when GS is sleeping (China) then that would be great. Scout waves from a bunch of us to all as many villages as possible. Attack wave from as many villages as possible to all his villages... some fakes, some not. Some half hearted to make him think those villages are targets while we hit the major ones HARD.
  • AlphaTrinityAlphaTrinity North Wales, PA
    edited May 2008
    QCH2002 wrote:
    I like next Sunday.... if we can do it when GS is sleeping (China) then that would be great. Scout waves from a bunch of us to all as many villages as possible.

    Sunday is pending for me, I'll do my best.

    How large should the scout parties be? Are we talking a few hundred, or 2-3 thousand?
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Scouts... doesn't matter as long as all his villages get scouted. TB sent like 3000 and got into one village and then scouted with 3000 to another and they died.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    dagobah55 from RR is on board with this plan. He's checking with some of his RR friends and they may join us. They've lost several villages to him and even had a few delete because of GS. We could find ourselves orchestrating a major hit to GS!!!
  • SaracenSaracen At the puter !
    edited May 2008
    QCH2002 wrote:
    dagobah55 from RR is on board with this plan. He's checking with some of his RR friends and they may join us. They've lost several villages to him and even had a few delete because of GS. We could find ourselves orchestrating a major hit to GS!!!

    I lost a village to GodSend so count me in on the attack.
    Currently planning to conquer 2 villages in the outpost and so have put most effort into Imp production.
Sign In or Register to comment.

The 5¢ Tour