Strategy for GoDsenD

Comments

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    First, Myth shouldn't help GS if they are trying for the lvl100 WW. In order to pull enough defensive troops to properly defend GS, they'd have to recall troops. By Sunday, They should be looking at Natar attacks that can REALLY hurt. They need every troop they can muster.

Second... I'm taking a village because it's adding insult to Keebler's massive injury. I have 10k spear sitting waiting for a good defense.

Third, if keebler hits GS late Sunday, GS might not even do anything until Monday morning (USA Time) which is his normal attack time. So... We should have time to get our things in order and set in motion part 2 of this little shin dig.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    I am diggin' it.

I messaged AA and he is clued in on the rumble at the bronx.
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited May 2008
    If, and this is a big <big><big><big>if</big></big></big>, GS does retaliate and goes after Matt, then <big><big><big>if</big></big></big> those attacks only come from 2-3 villages, we can target our strikes on THOSE villages in addition to the other villages we were targeting. That might deal him a crippling blow in a handful of villages all at once.
  • AlphaTrinityAlphaTrinity North Wales, PA
    edited May 2008
    Unless you want me to wait, I have 2000 lvl 20 praetorians ready to be sent out. Just let me know where to send them and they are there.

Also I asked this in irc but I don't think anyone was around: how much time is there going to be between when we scout his villages and when we attack them?
    edited May 2008
    I think Cantrellia Prime will provide offense, while Cantrellia Minor will provide defense. I'm working on upping my armory in Minor so that I can have my Legs and Praets leveled up by the time we strike. Minor is in the outpost . . . too far away to be a surprise attack.
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Just seems fragmented and less effective this way. We should be hitting him all in the same day. Scoutfest first ending with endless overwhelming waves.

I get the feeling Keebs just wants to be done with this game, he's not alone, I want it to end also. But the one and only day, that I can't be on travian since I started, will be the day the first attacks are launched. C'mon please, let's do this together. I'm ready to drop it right now and not even bother finishing, It hardly seems worth it this way.
  • SaracenSaracen At the puter !
    edited May 2008
    TBonZ wrote:
    Just seems fragmented and less effective this way. We should be hitting him all in the same day. Scoutfest first ending with endless overwhelming waves.

I get the feeling Keebs just wants to be done with this game, he's not alone, I want it to end also. But the one and only day, that I can't be on travian since I started, will be the day the first attacks are launched. C'mon please, let's do this together. I'm ready to drop it right now and not even bother finishing, It hardly seems worth it this way.

I second that.
    I've done what I wanted to do and I'm now ready to pack it in.
    Sooner the better I say and then I can get on with more important things.

Even if we can't seriously damage him it will be nice to know we can spoil the rest of the game for him just by sending constant waves of attacks to each and every village.

SOMEONE PLEASE PROPOSE A DAY AND TIME (GMT game clock) FOR THINGS TO START LANDING ON HIS VILLAGES.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Errr... but if the plan is to lure him into attacking me before we launch coordinated assaults, that involves an X factor of how fast I can get him to attack me. If we say "let's all attack him at X time" then that really has no consideration for waiting for him to attack me :wtf:
  • edited May 2008
    I got a bunch of preatorian an legionaires...when needed...
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    I see what you're saying. I just hate the fact I won't be around to see it. Somebody save those battle reports!

I would at least like it if you would sit my account and utilize my scouts, troops and wheat.
  • edited May 2008
    Keebler wrote:
    Errr... but if the plan is to lure him into attacking me before we launch coordinated assaults, that involves an X factor of how fast I can get him to attack me. If we say "let's all attack him at X time" then that really has no consideration for waiting for him to attack me :wtf:

Exactly keebs... You need at least an 8-12 hour period AFTER taking his oasis to get him to attack. It would be silly to attack him without first giving him a chance to weaken himself. Being trigger happy will just make it easier for him.
    edited May 2008
    I guess I'm still in favor of Keebs launching late Sunday and as soon as his attack(s) show as being launched, we strike. My furtherest will take 10 hrs. I hope fakes will make it difficult to plan his defense.
  • edited May 2008
    We can't attack too soon... We need to give godsend time to attack tripwire. Otherwise he will just shuffle his units for defense and put tripwire on hold after seeing all the waves incoming.
    edited May 2008
    I concur completely that we need to wait and see which villages he's going to retaliate from. Once we see those, we know they're likely to be weak on defense (at least weaker than they were since offensive troops do contribute to defense too) and attack some/all of those villages. We can still keep our main 2 or 3 targets and just add targets to that list once we see where's he's attacking from.
    edited May 2008
    I'll be sending troops from 4 locations. Many of them will be in multiple waves. I'm aiming on hitting two villages. His capital and his 9-cropper a few minutes away from Aries/Athena. My hope is that he'll pull troops to defend his capital and I'll wait... Just before the capital is hit, I'll send a massive strike at his 9-cropper. He'll have a few hours of chaos... Then he can cry.
  • SidekicksolSidekicksol Kansas City, Kansas
    edited May 2008
    which village do you guys want ME to hit? ive got about 900 cavalry 900 legionairres and 2500 imperians+ more building ready to got and 1400 praes i can lend to tripwire, plus another 1500+ legions at outpost
  • LamboLambo Sunny Scotland
    edited May 2008
    I still see this working best in 3 stages:
    1. Keebs attacks an Oasis, GS retaliates. Keebs is Victorious
    2. Hours later. Q steals a Village, GS/Myth|C retaliate, we reinforce Q with 100k+ def troops each at the ex-GS Village, Q's capital and the Village he uses to conquer GS. Q is victorious.
    3. Day later. We ALL send attacks at each of GS's Villages to arrive at precisely the same time. 10 waves per Village. Say, 25/30 Villages get 10 waves with 1 Cata each- fakes. 2 (say) of the Villages get a LARGE clearing wave (or two) followed by enough senators to take the Village, slowed by catas so they're undetectable! 3 of the Villages (including his capital) get a clearing wave followed by waves of enough catapults to take out 2 buildings per wave (RP Lvl 20). {IC} is Vicorious.
    He'd not be able to defend EVERY Village. Myth can't help with defence because of WW, though they will probably use their attack troops as soon as GS loses a Village- it's a pride thing!

3 Villages conquered. 3 Villages cata'd. All his offense wiped. And a strong position to hurt him more(3 new Villages in the PB- more senators?)!

That'd make him think twice next server!
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited May 2008
    Lambo wrote:
    That'd make him think twice next server!

I think whatever happens will make him think twice next server. With two of his villages gone (if Q and keebs are successful) I think he'll learn that he'll eventually get what was coming to him. :ninja:
    edited May 2008
    Lets say that Myth has some problems of its own. Those members that did NOT want to be part of Myth waited and launched some massive strikes at the Myth WW. One single wave had 200,000 macemen and 15,000 cats. They targeted main building and all the granaries. All the stored wheat would disapear. Imagine having hundreds of thousands of troops sitting hungry and no way to quickly get grain to them or even store grain. THAT is a nice tactic.

They also wasted a ton of their offensive troops in battles. Many of the big guys are fairly weakly defended right now.

What Fourstar told me that I didn't know (but explains a few things)... If you can kill 1% of the defending troops, the cats will fire. So... I say we do the same to the capital. Hit main and granary so no one can reinfoece it. 1000 cats att targeting main and granary will keep it weak.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Excellent tactics.

So are attackers mostly going to be people with catas? If he is on the run I can see lotsa raids by smaller guys in our alliance to leech his resources and kill his troops that are queued up.

Who said we weren't involved in the endgame ;D
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    So are we attacking the Myth wonder or GS? I'm confused :tongue: I don't have enough offensive troops to be useful but I can train catapults and chiefs if needed
    edited May 2008
    GS.... the Myth WW was for comparison.
    edited May 2008
    Ah, ok. So we're taking out his wheat storage to stop him defending himself? Nice :D
    edited May 2008
    Harudath wrote:
    So are we attacking the Myth wonder or GS? I'm confused :tongue: I don't have enough offensive troops to be useful but I can train catapults and chiefs if needed

This is a good point.

What's "enough offensive troops" to be useful ?

As all my villages were in the OP they were primarily defensive but with the change of direction, I've switched my 9 cropper to offensive.
    The problem is I can't produce L20 Imps fast enough.
    They are now q'd up till Saturday lunchtime and I will continue adding to that queue so the last one comes off the line around 23:59 GMT Sunday.

All told I reckon there will be around 7.2K Imps and 1.5K EI cavalry, all L20 coupled to a +10% Offense bonus Hero (maybe more if he does well tonight at the WW :bigggrin: )
    Plus 100 rams and 200 catas.
    edited May 2008
    Saracen... Those numbers are great for one real wave and a few fake ones. That could help with taking one of the villages!!!
    edited May 2008
    QCH2002 wrote:
    Saracen... Those numbers are great for one real wave and a few fake ones. That could help with taking one of the villages!!!

plus I got a spare senator sitting idle in one of the other villages.
    Just a shame its got no Tourney sq. to speed him up !
  • SidekicksolSidekicksol Kansas City, Kansas
    edited May 2008
    I think i have an idea. I will send all my troops BEFOREhand and attack waves on all villages. One village will be hit with everything i have. He will send a large number of attacking troops at me and i will dodge. while his troops are heading to me, you guys hit the village they came from! GENIUS! :D
    edited May 2008
    Cantrellia Prime has (currently, though some of these figures include my troops that are actually sitting in Cantrellia Epsilon so that wheat isn't negative at Prime, but the troops do belong to Cantrellia Prime)

Troops actually in Cantrellia Prime:
    3000 Legionnaires
    3500 Praetorians
    2167 Imperians
    2225 Equites Legati
    25 Fire Catapults

Troops in Cantrellia Epsilon that belong to Cantrellia Prime
    6057 Imperians
    10 Equites Imperatoris
    300 Equites Caesaris
    75 Fire Catapults
    1 Senator

That's over 8,200 Imperians :) Woo Hoo!

My cavalry is very weak, as you can see, but at least the Imperians (infantry) and Caesaris (cavalry) ARE level 20 in the blacksmith so they pack a punch.
    edited May 2008
    I think i have an idea. I will send all my troops BEFOREhand and attack waves on all villages. One village will be hit with everything i have. He will send a large number of attacking troops at me and i will dodge. while his troops are heading to me, you guys hit the village they came from! GENIUS! :D

This could work, but I sense some fine-tuning is needed :tongue:
    edited May 2008
    {IC} member 1 attacks GS village 1.

GS village 1 retaliates.

We give it a few minutes (so that he can't recall the troops and to see if he's going to send multiple waves from the same village . . . he might plan on sending multiple waves, but if he sees us gunning for him he might hold back) then launch our attacks at GS village 1, but ALSO launch a handful of fake attacks at his villages near GS village 1 so that he doesn't try to reinforce with troops from those nearby villages. He might realize what we're doing but he might not.
    Harudath wrote:
    This could work, but I sense some fine-tuning is needed :tongue: