Strategy for GoDsenD

Comments

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    OK, I haven't been keeping up on this thread. I have about 4-5k in units I can send out. Where/when would be the best place to use them? I'm centered around -77, 311.
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    I have no troops anyway, but I have an exam tomorrow so if it's late I won't be able to participate :(
  • Invisible-MuffinInvisible-Muffin Scotland
    edited May 2008
    ok, i have no school left (yaas) exam leave has started, so if it's during the day i can cover for you haru, but the attacks would be raids...
    directing defense will be covered though
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    It will be tomorrow. We haven't timed anything yet.
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited May 2008
    Not much time left, WW is at 90 and unless the leader gets dethroned again we probably don't have more than 2, maybe 3 days. On the US server, once an alliance reached 93 there was only 1 day left of game play (ended yesterday).

// Edit. My Imperians get back to Cantrellia Prime in a little over 4 hours. If we wait until tomorrow we may not have much time. I say we shoot for later tonight, maybe 10pm Central (3am GMT).
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    I'll set you as a sitter, muffin. I've only got 3500 phalanxes left, better than nothing but it's a crap on my dreams of 10,000+ before G-day :(
    edited May 2008
    a2jfreak wrote:
    Not much time left, WW is at 90 and unless the leader gets dethroned again we probably don't have more than 2, maybe 3 days. On the US server, once an alliance reached 93 there was only 1 day left of game play (ended yesterday).

well, the LEG WW has already been at 91. it was then hit back 3 levels, and there are bound to be more WW-crushing armies out there.

however, there was also an epic fail by The Brain, one of the largest players.
    http://travilog.org.ua/en/6206223/3240b77ed3e5f12e00625406c60c8da9
    he raided instead of normal attack...

and some other attacks on WW's
    http://travilog.org.ua/en/4287037/d5f0ac12a109de439bd7718ad4b5be31

http://travilog.org.ua/en/6758723/82b5700c14d72040f1312e1c321c6c56

an awesome attack:
    http://travilog.org.ua/en/8131669/876710f7858068e9fde66b766b50bb3d

and one with the defence, but anonymous.
    http://travilog.org.ua/en/4754832/eff701d0eaaaef7e3aec0a8a9483dbc0
    I'll set you as a sitter, muffin. I've only got 3500 phalanxes left, better than nothing but it's a crap on my dreams of 10,000+ before G-day :(
    having 3500 extra phalanxes is better than not having 3500 extra phalanxes
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    I've pulled all my troops from all over so I can be ready for tomorrow. The powerbase villages should be well fortified against most attacks and enough reserves to move troops around fairly quickly. Here still has 7000 spearmen and few thousand paladins.

Aries is running -30k and hour now!!!! Granary can now hold 320k. Send away!!!
  • SaracenSaracen At the puter !
    edited May 2008
    QCH2002 wrote:
    I've pulled all my troops from all over so I can be ready for tomorrow. The powerbase villages should be well fortified against most attacks and enough reserves to move troops around fairly quickly. Here still has 7000 spearmen and few thousand paladins.

Aries is running -30k and hour now!!!! Granary can now hold 320k. Send away!!!

13.5k, 22.5k, 15k from me and I'll send some from MickyG as he's away this weekend
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited May 2008
    There were setbacks on the US server too, but once level 93 was reached victory was only a day away.
    well, the LEG WW has already been at 91. it was then hit back 3 levels, and there are bound to be more WW-crushing armies out there.
    edited May 2008
    As soon as Keebler gets hit, I would like all of us to scout EVERY ONE OF HIS VILLAGES. Each one of us take one or two. That way we know what he has.

OK... Here are my targets for real attacking!!

9-cropper (-90|144) (Level it with Keebs)

15-cropper (-91|146) (Level it with Keebs)

In between Aries and Athena (-89|146) (Conquer)

Fakes... (-88|135) (-89|147) (-90|147)

I plan on sending 2 waves from each Hera, Hermes, Dionysus, Chronos, Aries, Athena to all six.
  • AlphaTrinityAlphaTrinity North Wales, PA
    edited May 2008
    Which villages are definitely not going to be conquered by whoever is conquering? I don't want to send my troops when a village is still Godsends, then during the journey (6.5 hours) one of the IC people take it and my troops end up attacking them.

I'm sending my main scout and troop parties to -91, 148 when it starts.
    I'll scout -88, 145 and probably send both of my secondary attack forces there.
    My last scouting party will go to... -92, 146? Sure sounds good.

Since it is a 6.5 hour journey, exactly when should I be sending my troops? It's either going to have to be around 14:00 or 21:00 UTC+1 for me since I have work and then class after. If not those times, then the next time I could send won't be until about 2:00.
    edited May 2008
    Which villages are definitely not going to be conquered by whoever is conquering? I don't want to send my troops when a village is still Godsends, then during the journey (6.5 hours) one of the IC people take it and my troops end up attacking them.

I'm sending my main scout and troop parties to -91, 148 when it starts.
    I'll scout -88, 145 and probably send both of my secondary attack forces there.
    My last scouting party will go to... -92, 146? Sure sounds good.

Since it is a 6.5 hour journey, exactly when should I be sending my troops? It's either going to have to be around 14:00 or 21:00 UTC+1 for me since I have work and then class after. If not those times, then the next time I could send won't be until about 2:00.
    (-89|146) is the only one I'm taking.

As for time... TBonz, Keebs, and I guess GS have the final say in that.
  • Grywlf73Grywlf73 The Valley of the Sun in the AZ
    edited May 2008
    I know this is a big assualt and a lot of planning needs to go into it, but time is running out and most of us are still in the dark about when, where, and what is needed.

There are a lot of us who dont have large armies for attacking but still want to take part, after all we wouldnt have played the game. I know that we wont make a huge impact but at least we can help in some way or another and that would be enough, plus if ya add up all us little guys we become one huge force either offense or defense.

So please, as soon as you get info let us know. Right now I have almost 6000 16/20 LVL Phalanxes, and more are being made as we speak. I have devoted this last week to trying to be of some use to the team and I will continue. These troops are slow however and travel times may be a factor. Any ideas on what they can be used for and when would be greatly appreciated. I wanna help protect or destroy :bigggrin:!!!

Team IC will make a huge dent and go out in a blaze of glory!!!! :cool2:
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    So... keebler already attacked GodSend?

if so how did that go? Are we commencing with stage 2 tomorrow? I have finals tomorrow until about 2pm (central time) but then will be ready to go.
    edited May 2008
    All troops are moving into position now. I'll be attacking him as soon as I wake up. I say we give him until lunchtime on the east coast to respond and then all launch regardless.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Sounds good to me, I will be ready to supply/defend
  • AlphaTrinityAlphaTrinity North Wales, PA
    edited May 2008
    Keebler wrote:
    I'll be attacking him as soon as I wake up. I say we give him until lunchtime on the east coast to respond and then all launch regardless.

Hmm..if I launch my attacks in the morning they will hit him after lunch on the east coast, but then of course he'll see them coming. I guess I'll launch when I can...they will then land closer to midnight snack time :( oh well
    edited May 2008
    so is that about 7 hours from now?
    10.15am GMT, 5.15am EST?
    hope i'm right
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    I won't be able to attack until 3:30-4:00 EST time. That is 9-9.5 hrs from this post.

I will post my target coordinates over the next few hours.
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    I'll also be taking 10 hours to get there.
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    My main target is my old village at -88|145.

I'll post the ETA times for my village that will be sending the cats and rams...

Also, scratch my post before this one, I am only working a half day and will be back home at about 11:30am EST.

Edit - It's a 15 hour journey for the cats but I should have my Tournament Square to lvl 15 by launch time and will shave a bit of time off that.
    edited May 2008
    All units: The maestro has raised his wand. The maestro has raised his wand.

15 minutes til impact. I targeted his oasis and sent 5 one-man waves at Scarlett.
    edited May 2008
    edited May 2008
    I'm attacking the oasis again, plus 50 troops @ his capital and 3 one-man waves at the 9c. I'm kick the hornet's nest pretty hard! ;D
  • edited May 2008
    Lol how many defensive troops do you have set up in tripwire?
    edited May 2008
    I went conservative ;)

<table class="f10"><tbody><tr><td>1.gif</td><td align="right"> 5042</td><td>Legionnaires</td></tr><tr><td>2.gif</td><td align="right"> 44600</td><td>Praetorians</td></tr><tr><td>4.gif</td><td align="right"> 2248</td><td>Equites Legati</td></tr></tbody></table>
  • edited May 2008
    rofl 50k = conservative?
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Some of us will take 10-12 hours to attack, be sure to let us know what you're planning to do so we don't end up attacking ourselves!
  • SaracenSaracen At the puter !
    edited May 2008
    Bearing in mind his profile states Malaysia for location that puts him at 22:30 at the time of this post.
    So assuming he is active every evening we'd expect some sort of retaliation in the next couple of hours ?