Strategy for GoDsenD

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    I've sent a message to TheS3ven in NWM. They may be interested; we'll see.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Ooooo this is gonna be fun!!!
  • SaracenSaracen At the puter !
    edited May 2008
    QCH2002 wrote:
    Ooooo this is gonna be fun!!!

Payback always is ! :bigggrin:
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    I'm mass building scouts now.

I made TF3 ram and cata capable over the weekend and would like to launch a long range attack. This would give away the element of surprise but if we timed the scouting and mass attack properly, GS will be preoccupied in rein'ng the target villages initially and allow the rest of you guys to hit the other ones. Hopefully to the point where it'll be too late for GS to balance his defenses out once everything is launched at him.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    If you guys need defensive backup while your attacks are out, I should be able to spare some praets to help out, just lemme know when and where. I figure my distance from the powerbase limits my offensive potential but I should be able to supply/defend some. And hopefully those supplies/defenders helps you guys to maximize your offensive potential.

I think I'll send a message to AA to see what he can add to the occasion, but he is largely in the same boat as me.
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited May 2008
    1:48 for Cantrellia Prime to train Imperians.
    That's 33.333 Imperians an hour, or 800 in a day.
    If I train Imperians non-stop for the next 5-6 days before the "big hit" I can only train up to 4,800 additional Imperians. Do you think that will make a dent? Cantrellia Minor also can train Imperians, but it doesn't produce resources as quickly as Cantrellia Prime so it cannot train as many. Say I could train half as many at Minor, that's still a grand total of only 7,200 Imperians in the next 6 days. I really think we need a bit more time.

Also, all of us are set to GMT, right, that way our attacks are better coordinated, such as Terry suggested?
    edited May 2008
    None of my villages can pack a massive punch. My hope is that Keeber can wipe out most of the troops in the main village. I don't thing GS is a defensive troop guy. If that assumption is correct, the fake attacks and serious attacks at the non-targets will make him pull from the other villages. That's my hope. 7200 imps is very respectable against a lightly guarded village. Enough to clear that village for further catapult waves.

GMT should be set for the battle... right?
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    but the problem is fortifying those villages ASAP. If he has got loads of attack troops like we know he does we'll just end up losing the villages again straight after :(

EDIT: And taking one village won't have an impact, we need to take several at once, with oases attached preferably.
    edited May 2008
    We take his none capital cropper, then he looses a ton of staying power. THEN we hit his capital with a crap load of troops to level it or reduce it so far that it is not a worry for a few weeks. I want to hurt him... we probably cannot do enough to make him a non-factor but it would be a hurt that will not go away for a while.
    edited May 2008
    He has like 30 villages... I doubt he has only 2 croppers :tongue: Although it will mean we take a chunk out of him and if we manage to get a hold we can get a stream of crap going in... But if we re-take some villages I think he may call in some friends :(
    edited May 2008
    I don't know how he plays, but the croppers are probably where he keeps most of his offensive troops UNTIL he needs them. That way his other villages can be strongly fortified with defensive troops. If that's the case, the croppers might not have many (if any) defensive troops, but they will be loaded with offensive reinforcements. Taking ANY village from him (if my guess is correct) will be quite a chore.

I think selectively targeting 2 villages and sending 3-4 fake-waves (per attacker) to a dozen other villages might have him scattering, but if we target more than a couple villages I don't think we'll have the offensive fire-power to do anything other than watch our troops go on kamikaze missions.

I'll refer to attackers as A1, A2, A3 . . . A10.
    A1 sends 2,500
    A2 sends 2,500
    A3 sends 2,500, and so on and so forth. That way none of us lose more than 2,500 guys at one shot.

Next round we all come around again
    A1 sends 2,500
    A2 sends 2,500
    A3 sends 2,500 and so on and so forth.

After 2-3 rounds of that (assuming we have 10 members than can each contribute at least 5,000-7,500 troops) then we send in the rams and catas with 2,500 guards. A couple rounds of catas from the big guys (Matt, Q, Terry, Muffin) and we can cause him some serious damage, especially if we target the bakery, flour mill, granaries and wheat resource fields (we can attack resource fields, right? I've never done it so I'm not sure).

What do you think?

QCH2002 wrote:
    We take his none capital cropper, then he looses a ton of staying power. THEN we hit his capital with a crap load of troops to level it or reduce it so far that it is not a worry for a few weeks. I want to hurt him... we probably cannot do enough to make him a non-factor but it would be a hurt that will not go away for a while.
    edited May 2008
    We're gunna have to stop umming and aah-ing and choose a plan or we're not gunna have time to carry it out :(
    edited May 2008
    I'm not planning on doing anything until this weekend. I've done some number crunching... TB scouted GS and he had 9000 sword, at one village and no defensive troops. Right now I could take that village a part with just one wave. Further waves with chief/ senators would take it rather quickly. Give me 5 more days of dedicated Offensive troops and I can really do some damage. I can only imagine what Keeber has in store. Remember, he's been left alone for a while and has more villages that any of us. I'm sure he can take a decently defended village by himself.
    edited May 2008
    Yeah. Shall I train more defensive troops to help fortify the villages once taken or join in the assault?
    edited May 2008
    Haru: Are you primarily offensive or defensive?

If offensive, then keep training more offensive troops to join in the attack.

If defensive, then keep training more defensive troops to help fortify after the attacks.

I will do both, but since I have nearly as many offensive troops in Cantrellia Prime as I do defensive, and since I'm ONLY training offensive troops for the foreseeable future at Prime, I can do that more easily than a player that has almost solely focused on one type of troop.

Here are the stats for Prime (this doesn't include my catas which are at Epsilon)

Troops:
    1 Hero
    3000 Legionnaires
    3500 Praetorians
    5934 Imperians
    2225 Equites Legati
    10 Equites Imperatoris
    300 Equites Caesaris

more Imperians are currently in training.

Offensively speaking, my Imperians and my Caesaris are level 20.
    Other troops are much lower levels, except Legati which is at level 13, but that doesn't make much difference.

I have a level 16 tournament square, so my troops aren't quite so slouchy.

Cantrellia Minor is no where near as strong as Cantrellia Prime, and Cantrellia Epsilon and Cantrellia Omicron are both push-overs with few-to-no troops.
    edited May 2008
    Defensive pretty much through and through :tongue:
  • Grywlf73Grywlf73 The Valley of the Sun in the AZ
    edited May 2008
    If we are not attacking until sunday, if thats the plan, then I will a few thousand lvl 20 def phlnx ready to help defend what we take or the villages in the PB.....just let me know....but im in!!!! :bigggrin:
    edited May 2008
    By week end I should have 5 chiefs ready... One of which will be in Athena a mere 10 minutes away from GoDsenD. I have sufficient Culture Points to take two villages...

I think GS will a few villages fewer this time next week. :rarr:
    edited May 2008
    I think I have enough culture points for 3 villages. I know I have enough for 2. I have 94,647 culture points.
  • AlphaTrinityAlphaTrinity North Wales, PA
    edited May 2008
    If it's all right, I'm going to purely focus on Imps and Legionnaires since I have lvl20s ready to be made in several of my villages. I'll leave any cavalry and siege machines up to you guys since it would take me til the weekend just to begin making decent horsemans and cannonbawls (cursed be the ones called godsend and silkesvarten).

I may be able to muster 2 or 3 senators by the weekend, we'll see. Just mostly expect imperian and legionnaire waves from me I guess. Oh and scout waves as well; I hope to have three 1000+ scout waves ready by the weekend.
  • SidekicksolSidekicksol Kansas City, Kansas
    edited May 2008
    ... we dont exactly have 5 more days im sorry to say. ww level 58
    edited May 2008
    Tripwire (granary capacity): "Go"
    Beachhead (backup troops and wheat stock): "Go"
    Wild Bill (backup troops and wheat stock): "Go"
    Flint/Avalance/Countdown/Downtown (primary troops): "Go"
    Beaker/GungHo/Tunnel Rat (primary scouts): "Go"
    Lady Jaye (offense): [strike]Needs tourney square finished; lv18/19 queued.[/strike] "Go"
  • Invisible-MuffinInvisible-Muffin Scotland
    edited May 2008
    ... we dont exactly have 5 more days im sorry to say. ww level 58

says mister experienced travian player...?

1. it has taken over 5 days to get to this, and build times get larger as the level increases, so it's going to take longer to get to 100 as it took to get this far.

2. WW crushing armies will come and knock them down a few levels, slowing progress. as well as more natars.

3. noone knows how long we have, and if you guess the length of time the chances are it'll be on the higher end of the estimates.

i think it will last longer than 5 days, and if not, we can still plan and hope... :p
    edited May 2008
    1) I provoke him @ Tripwire and wait for response.
    2) He attacks it and dies in a fire
    3) We scout everything he has
    4) Lady Jaye launches single wave at his capital (catas target Palace & Stonemason)
    5) Upon return troop return, Lady Jaye re-launches multi-wave attacks on 3 villages, aiming to level one of them.

That's mah plan.
    edited May 2008
    Any senators going with that wave to the capital?
    edited May 2008
    No need... Capital cannot be taken.
    edited May 2008
    You can't take a capital with Senators, and I have no desire to capture his villages. I have a desire to utterly eviscerate them. If I send Senators at him it will just be to further piss him off.
    edited May 2008
    So I guess it doesn't matter how many villages you have your capital is still untakeable huh? Thats too bad, you could really do number on him then.
    edited May 2008
    It CAN be leveled though. If you destroy every building, it will disappear from the map, I think.
    edited May 2008
    Yup.