Strategy for GoDsenD

Comments

• HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    To be honest I don't think he's going to suspect that he's managed to work us all up so much we have about 1000 posts worth of revenge plans and hate threads about him XD He's gunna get hit and he's gunna get hit hard :rarr:
  • Invisible-MuffinInvisible-Muffin Scotland
    edited May 2008
    yeah, a counter-attack...

i'll steal the description from my s5 alliance's forum:
    Counter attacking is attacking a usually high ranked offensive player who has attacked you with the purpose of killing his/her troops

this only works well at the start of the game, when troops are so important. This tactic is far from easy, so i wouldn't recommend trying it if you're not very experienced.

When you see on your screen "«1 attack in: ??.??.??", and you have troops, you usually just send your troops away. But if you want to stop further attacks on yourself, you can try to counterattack. First you need to make sure that you have enough troops to kill the attacking army. If they are teutons and they are attacking with macemen only, this tactic is exceptionally good, because macemen have such a dreadful defense.

What you do is, when you see the attack is going to hit soon, you wait until the timer reaches around 20 seconds from the attack, and send all your troops off to raid someone. After 11 seconds, cancel the attack, and they will head home. Quickly read the attack report, click the name of the village that attacked you, click send troops, select all the ones you will be sending and press attack normal as quickly as possible. If done quickly enough, the attacker will have their troops arriving home at one time, with an attack from you arriving only seconds after, meaning they are unable to dodge the attack, thus hopefully killing all their troops while losing few yourself. This part of the tactic only works if you are using a troop with the same speed as the one they attacked with. If not, it requires more skill and clever timing.

http://www.javaschubla.de/2006/travian/wegerechner/wegerechner-t3i.html?lang=en

this website helps you work out the time needed

This is a hard skill to master, but is brilliant when you're good at it. You can even use it to counterattack people who have attacked friends/allies if you are a true master
  • edited May 2008
    Holy hell that is brilliant... But as it is said in the post, it is only very usefull in the beginning of the game. And on top of that it would require EXTREMELY accurate timing from everyone in the alliance...
    edited May 2008
    We need to organise a G-day :tongue:

We will fight them in the Oases, we will fight them in the villages!
  • LamboLambo Sunny Scotland
    edited May 2008
    And Keebs is already planning on doing it..... but instead of provoking him and dodgying the retaliatory wave..... he's going to wipe it out.
    edited May 2008
    Do both? :tongue:
  • AlphaTrinityAlphaTrinity North Wales, PA
    edited May 2008
    Now I see why everyone is always worried about wheat. I never had to worry about it until I started building troops like crazy for this event. I guess it took me until the last couple of weeks to actually understand how to play this game :(

My plan: Someone tells me three of GS's weaker villages to assault/scout. I send all of my praetorians to attack first, then I send my scouts, when given the order I send my real troops. I have no catapults or battering rams, so the best I can do is beat up on his troops I guess.
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited May 2008
    I have 100 fire catas. Who will be supplying rams to help knock down the walls in these villages? I don't think I have time to get my catas to level 20, but they'll probably be in the mid-teens by the time of the attack if I don't keep forgetting to upgrade them.:banghead:
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    I'm not leveling my cats or rams. I have 800 of each so they should do the trick.

My troops are coming along nicely. All offensive troops are level 20 (except cats and rams). Here are my projected troop levels...

35,000 Macemen
    12,000 Axemen
    2,000 Knights
    810 Rams
    850 Catapults
    4 Chiefs

I plan on taking one village and help level GS's capital.
  • SaracenSaracen At the puter !
    edited May 2008
    QCH2002 wrote:
    I'm not leveling my cats or rams. I have 800 of each so they should do the trick.

My troops are coming along nicely. All offensive troops are level 20 (except cats and rams). Here are my projected troop levels...

35,000 Macemen
    12,000 Axemen
    2,000 Knights
    810 Rams
    850 Catapults
    4 Chiefs

Now we just have to hope he takes the bait when Keebs scouts/attacks his oasis....Being this late in the game he may not even bother (unless pride gets the better of him).
    edited May 2008
    QCH2002 wrote:

35,000 Macemen
    12,000 Axemen
    2,000 Knights
    810 Rams
    850 Catapults
    4 Chiefs

Holy croyden... I've got barely over 10,000 defensive troops with phalanxes and druidriders combined :tongue: Working on it though, I've run into some "personal" problems with the neighbours of a friend that just joined :tongue:
  • edited May 2008
    i have 7k spearmen (leveling atm) i have another 1k spear and offensive troops in the outpost. im gonna try and conquer the people next to 1.1 and 1.2.
    edited May 2008
    Those are just my offensive troops.... 24,000 spear and 14,000 paladins.
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    I sent out a MM to guage who will be participating to give us a better idea of what we all have to bring to the table. I'll start a new thread specifying what we have to work with and also to work out what villages will be targeted for attack, real and fakes.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    My catas are all lv20, heh. :rarr:
    edited May 2008
    Does it make that much difference for cats and rams?
    edited May 2008
    1.5% increase per level...
    edited May 2008
    fire catas are 75, at level 20 they're 85.5, so I think the server rounds up and uses 86. It's better to have more catas than level them up until you reach so many, then it's better to level up. What I do is both, make catas and level them up. I have the resources, so why not? I only have so much time to make catas so for me I choose to make them as strong as I can since I know I can't attack with 500 catas.

Let's say my catas are level 20 (they're not) and I have 125, it's like attacking with 143. Not a huge jump, but every bit helps. Just like leveling up your infantry or cavalry.

If Matt has 1050 catas at level 20 then it's like sending 1204 catas. That starts making a noticeable difference.
    Keebler wrote:
    1.5% increase per level...
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Keebs and Q, just for clarification and to save me the trouble of scanning these pages; which villages are confirmed targets?
    edited May 2008
    After Tripwire, I will be real/fake attacking these:

-91|146 (15c capital) (formerly Snake-Eyes)
    -90|144 (9c) (formerly Shipwreck)
    -91|147 (formerly Scarlett)

Then I'll be leveling them.
    edited May 2008
    I'm training as many Imperians as possible, but from now on I'm going to train as many Caesaris as possible too and hopefully I can have 1k or better by strike-time. I currently have over 9,000 Imperians and I think I can have 11,000 or more by strike-time. That should give him a hurting with the addition of y'alls troops.
    edited May 2008
    I was planning on taking -90|144 (9c) (formerly Shipwreck) and the rest of my waves (real and fake) will target whatever villages we want to hit... I'm not necessarily looking for conquering second village but if it's open... I might.
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    I've got 5K lvl20 armor/blacksmith praetorians, might have 1K more by the time of the attacks. :)

a couple hundred caes and catas too in the outpost
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    I've got 5K lvl20 armor/blacksmith praetorians, might have 1K more by the time of the attacks. :)

a couple hundred caes and catas too in the outpost

make that 6K praet

So what's the schedule for the big attacks today?
  • SidekicksolSidekicksol Kansas City, Kansas
    edited May 2008
    im not going to be around until late tonight to help but i will do my best.. even if it means sacrificing myself
  • edited May 2008
    what time tomorrow will my 8k defensive troops be needed? as i will only be one from 5:20 - 10:00 tomorrow. (GMT).
    edited May 2008
    It's happening tonight?
    edited May 2008
    what time tomorrow will my 8k defensive troops be needed? as i will only be one from 5:20 - 10:00 tomorrow. (GMT).

Tom, if I'm still a sitter, can I move troops around as required or as requested by the "big guns" ?
  • edited May 2008
    ok saracen. you and Q are both still my sitters so the troops will get used.

DEATH TO GODSEND!!!

:tongue::tongue::tongue:
    edited May 2008
    Harudath wrote:
    It's happening tonight?

I think its tonight US time, so very late UK time.
    More likely Monday morning for us in the UK.