Post your mods!

12345679»

Comments

• TvManPwnsTvManPwns Manitoba, Canada Member
    edited August 2008
    ' wrote:
    [v][AGIC']Not too many actual mods other than the cooling but here it is.

That is one big sucker cooling unit! :thumbsup:
    edited August 2008
    Well, I was bored so I decided to take apart my 360 and give it a new paint job!!! :D:D:D (Just started today so its not nearly done)
    I put up one pic of the top side of the console with its first or second coat (can't remember which one it is right now) and a second one of the back side with part of the pic I want on it. When the back side is done the inside of the yellow circle area will be black and I am going to try and fix the bottom part of the visor because it just kinda flopped. The top side will have the cool 3 symbol that you see on the special edition case cover.

My first try at anything of the sort so. . . Any "constructive" criticizm is good.
    edited August 2008
    Ok, I have finally finished! First 2 pics are of what the sides look like and the third I just threw in to show how it looks when I shove it in my messy corner.:D:D

Edit: I also freehanded some of it so that would be why a couple lines aren't quite straight. Also, the top side pic looks a little bit fuzy (doesn't look nearly that blurred *the camera sucks*)
  • revorocksrevorocks England, East Sussex, Hove Member
    edited February 2009
    Mines changed a fair bit from last time.
    I have an Antec 1200
    A 4850
    A 1TB drive
    and a Coolermaster Realpower 620W modular PSU
    Ohh and a Samsung SyncMaster 2243BW (22") screen :)
    DSC02506.JPGDSC02508.JPGSorry for the blurryness of this one, dont have a tripod :PDSC02501.JPGDSC02499.JPG
  • d3fctd3fct New York
    edited February 2009
    valman vf1000 mod to my video card.
    8800.jpg
    88001.jpg
    88002.jpg
    88003.jpg
    88004.JPG
  • stenzerstenzer Sausalito, CA
    edited December 2009
    OK folks, I'm new, I joined Icrontic (how cool) because I want to share my project with all y'all. So, here it is... I've gone through a few iterations but what I'm planning is a built-in AC/DC powered boat computer that takes no space because it hangs discreetly from 'neath a shelf. I have a micro-ATX board running ubuntu 9.10 on a 2-core AMD64 low-power processor, half a terabyte or so of room on a single little hard drive, Pico 12V Power Supply (takes up no space and makes no sound), gazillions of MP3s, movies, DVD, public-domain charts, and wireless (15db directional antenna for now). I'm planning to add GPS next, and a webcam with image processing software that I may wind up using to help my vision while under way and in the cabin. Total software cost so far: zero dollars and everything's working together well, a few hundred dollars spent on various components. I can lay it out on the back of a picture frame, and it's going to be about 4 fingers tall, on a small rectangle of a little less than a half meter wide. Al I really want to do is mount the Mobo on a board, affix the DVD burner to that, place the hard drive atop, and protect it, though closing it up completely isn't necessarily my goal (I'm thinking hinge at one end and knurled nuts on studs at the other, maybe working a little flex in for vibrational isolation.

It's for a medium-large sailboat (my Mariner 40). The boat's big enough that I'm not anticipating any short, sharp shocks, but then again, vibration from the engine may be an issue. I'm thinking about encapsulating the hard drive in a small chamber with a couple of dessicant caps that I'd change from time to time, as it's basically the only moving part aside from the DVD burner, which I'd imagine I'll replace every couple of years and possibly mount elsewhere from the rest of the machine, but maybe not. I'm thinking about glue-gunning the wireless board in for reliability and to seal it. Comments, suggestions, ideas? I'll probably post some pics soon. Once concern I have is that I think I'll need to regulate the 12V from the boat battery bank to be stable enough for the Pico (mfg. says not to power directly from a car battery but provides no further info), but I don't know yet. I'm surprised nobody yet makes a minimalistic board-case that can be hung from a shelf or on a wall, if you want to build such a thing with me let's talk. Thanks!
    edited December 2009
    approx. cost so far: mobo $50, processor $50, HDD $50, DVD Drive $30, Wireless card $40, memory/various switches/wires/usb hub/leds: $80, Pico PSU: $80, 15db wireless antenna, media, software and charts: 0.0 (though I'll probably end up buying SeaFarer for Linux if it proves to work well. I plan to get the Microsoft HD Cinema webcam ($50), 12V Voltage regulator (?), and a Garmin UPS GPS dongle ($50). So I guess I have about $500 in and will spend another hundred or so. Though similar in terms of the cost, I think it's cooler than a laptop, and nobody's going to steal it.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    Pictures?
    edited December 2009
    That's the working first version, laid out on the back of a picture frame, one board for wireless, drives stacked, and powered up (pineapple for approx. scale).
    Pictures?
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    4192233474_fe30035909.jpg

you can't really see it but I have switched from a zalman bracket with AM2 clip to the OCZ Thermalite styled retention bracket, backplate with a screw spring setup.

4192233722_df922603ef.jpg

Dual 9800 GX2, one with new Antec paste and plastic washer to increase pressure. Both I pulled the covers off.
  • jedihobbitjedihobbit Central Virginia, USA New
    edited February 2010
    New to the site and was wondering if you have a place for worklogs??
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    jedihobbit wrote:
    New to the site and was wondering if you have a place for worklogs??

Yes
    edited February 2010
    :thumbup Thanks, kinda thought so but didn't see any "logs" per say. Have a few to toss out unless there is a limit.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    We don't like to put limits on members' potential around here. ;)
  • edited May 2011
    IMG_1086.jpg
    IMG_1073.jpg
    IMG_1076.jpg

This is a case I built with the thought that I was having kids on the way and didn't want cables around. Also, since I was wall mounting the tv, I wanted to wall mount the media center too. All the cables are hidden in the walls, and all controls are wireless. It is amazing how much room is spared without a tv stand.

I have been a media center guru since tv tuners came on the market, and this is the first time my non-techy wife has accepted a media center solution. This mod got nominated for mod of the year in 2009 that can be seen here
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Thats pretty damn cool.
    edited May 2011
    :respect::rockon:
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    That rules! Welcome to Icrontic!
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Okay, that's just baller. Well done!