Overwatch

Comments

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

Man, it really hurts visually seeing the amount of sprays/voice lines/player icons next to the skins and emotes. Ouch.

I'm not super thrilled about this even, which is a nice change of pace. Won't need to grind myself to tears trying to get certain items. I'm really only interested in the dance emotes for Mercy, Mei, and Widow. Skins I'm not really worried about any of them.

Levex
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

I got Jazzy Lucio. I'm good.

Levex
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

Got the Road Hog dance in my free box.

I am happy.

-Digi

HumerusMeg
  • HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chef Austin Icrontian

that Dva skinnnnnnnnn hhgggggggg

sharkydart
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    edited June 2017

Currently on the PTR, the Oni Genji and Officer D.Va skin have been added to the regular loot box loot table. So if you missed out/skipped the HotS crossovers, then you can still get those skins eventually once this patch goes live. Assuming they don't remove that addition by the time that happens.

Also for hero changes;
    McCree's Ult got buffed to basically ramp up the damage quicker.
    And Reaper's passive got switched from soul orbs dropped on kill to 20% life steal.
    Roadhog lost some right click damage but the fire rate and clip size were slightly increased instead.

• ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian

I played my first competitive game. No one wanted to play Reinhardt. I played Reinhardt. We proceeded to win because the other team didn't have him

• SodaSoda Ann Arbor, MI Icrontian

@MiracleManS said:
    I played my first competitive game. No one wanted to play Reinhardt. I played Reinhardt. We proceeded to win because the other team didn't have him

I mean, Orisa is good...but I got the feeling they wanted to diversify so Reinhardt wasn't essentially required for every competitive match. They failed.

_k
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian

@Soda said:

@MiracleManS said:

I mean, Orisa is good...but I got the feeling they wanted to diversify so Reinhardt wasn't essentially required for every competitive match. They failed.

I think the big problem is that Orisa tries to fill some sort of niche between Reinhardt and Winston and fails because both are far more mobile in their own ways. The only way she'd make it in over one of those two is if they hard nerfed their numbers or over buffed her kit.

• Orisia is incredibly valuable in the proper defensive team comp. With good healing and say a Bastion or a Torb turret to bury behind that shield, with her range and rate of fire it makes for double trouble at a point you want to anchor. Also her Mini pulse is hell for a Sniper who wishes to perch somewhere, just drag them off. Thing is, she like Bastion requires a team to build around it, you can't just go in there willy nilly thinking okay we need another tank, so I'll do this, you have to communicate with the team, make a plan together and she can be pretty damn effective, at least on defense.

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

As a Bastion lover I squee every time I see an Orisa so I can hide behind her shield and rain the bullets down.

pigflipperCliff_Forster
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian

From only playing once last year to buying it over Memorial Day weekend and installing it the day before EXPO'17 to now... love the game and fairly good with Orsia and the roller blade heater dude... Orsia is my favorite for defense and attack.

FargeSodaMassalinieZanthian

Levex
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

yeeeeesssssssss

GnomeQueenSoda

I would pay so much money for a full overwatch movie in that style.

• CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian

Doomfist is now playable.

GnomeQueenZanthianLevex
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian

Levex

Also important announcement.

MiracleManS
    edited August 2017

LevexZanthianRahnalH102
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian

CantiMassalinieSoda

RahnalH102SodaLinc
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
  • Can someone explain to me how I go eight and two in placement, carry a few of my teams to victory, have multiple golds in most of them and get placed low silver?? What is up with that? Do you know what it is like digging out with that kind of noobery? The Overwatch placement system is a killer. I wish they had a wild card system where maybe once a week you could be a wild card player on a higher ELO to try and determine if you belong. I feel like the system puts me in groupings that don't really compliment me. I'm not saying I'm a fantastic FPS player, but I'm having much more fun when I'm in Gold, I feel like I find some players that understand the basics, have an idea on how to work together.... Low silver is the pits. It's awful, and I have to decide if it's worth the grind.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Have you tried "git gud"?

ThraxRahnalH102Cliff_ForsterCanti
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian

You could just play LoL, the whole ladder is full of wonderful people

SodaRahnalH102Cliff_Forster
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

I understand that the question might be rhetorical and you're just venting, but I wanna take a crack at it for the sake of what I think might be an interesting discussion.

Disclaimer: I don't actually know how the mechanics of the MMR system work. Just spitballing based on conjecture. So keep that in mind.

My current understanding is that the system tracks your performance in the game, compares the results against averages for the heroes you played, time taken, etc, and scores from there. More meta concepts like positioning, when to stick together, when to engage and how, etc can't be easily measured by the system. So while one may understand those meta concepts, if his or her performance, even if outstanding in the matches, is still relatively average when compared, then the placement will still be "low".

Like I said though, this is just me spitballing. I don't touch ranked at all for the same reasons I haven't touched it in any other game except Hearthstone (not that much either. The rewards are just easy to get.) The closest thing I've got for understanding this is an app on my phone called OverSumo which basically does all that I mentioned before, but gives me that data to look at. Websites like OverBuff or OverwatchTracker will provide you with the same kind of data since they are all working off of Blizzard's API. Since it's that kind of data that is tracked by Blizzard, that's why I assume it has to do with how you get ranked. You can study your stats, see where you are strong and where you are weak, and then try to improve yourself since you aren't likely to improve anyone else unless you're dedicated teammates and can work together on that.

In other fewer words, mechanical skill, game sense, and teamwork are all quite important when figuring out how good you are at a game. One of these is pretty easy to measure and may do the heavy lifting when it comes to climbing that ranked ladder especially early on, but you'll still need to master the other two if you want to climb even higher.

Anyway, just an outsider's perspective. How do you all think these ranked ladders work in particular?

Cliff_Forster
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

-Digi

Zanthian

That Reinhardt short was awesome and Moira looks neat but I think Jeff's presentation was the most important reveal today.

DontCallMeKelso