New Computer.. these parts look good?

Comments

• edited May 2006
    and now after thrax gets his ideas, then we compare them to scar, we can have my final PC done!
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited May 2006
    Thanks for posting that, airbornflght. :)

That's more in line with what we are about as a site. :wave:
  • V-PV-P State College, PA Member
    edited May 2006
    profdlp wrote:
    Thanks for posting that, airbornflght. :)

That's more in line with what we are about as a site. :wave:
    Hey I said sry too! Anyway check out my sys up above^^. I think you'll agree. Even put in the monitor. Airborn I agree with EVERYTHING you said in this thread COMPLETELY. Shrief, if I angered you or anything, I'm sry, and don't take this personally, but just do a little research before you set out to build or break your friends $800+ system.
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    SCAR wrote:
    do a little research before you set out to build or break your friends $800+ system.

yeh, that was the point I was trying to make. $800 is a lot of money to make an uninformed investment with(at least to me).:vimp:
  • edited May 2006
    i looked at what u have scar, and i like it. But i just want to see what thrax pouts out, then campare prices and speed and such.
  • edited May 2006
    Like I said I really hate bashing other people, and I could really even care less if you would like to carry on with your antics of using 2nd and 3rd gen hardware, but when you go so far as to try and give your friend a 3rd rate rig, thats what gets me hot under the collar.

WTF are you talking about ??? ... 3rd gen hardware? ... Lets just get one thing strait ... I have built 3 computers (so far) ... they are up to date and running perfectly ...

...Apologies have been offered. Take this as your last warning. -Prof

...get back to the explaining part of why you love AMD so much! ... (you guys have sort of convinced me that he might want to go with AMD but if he does that then we need to start looking for a new Mother Board that will support it ... and if u want to do that PCI-e thing then we can talk)
    edited May 2006
    i looked at what u have scar, and i like it. But i just want to see what thrax pouts out, then campare prices and speed and such.
    I have a feeling I left out something in the sys I posted.
    edited May 2006
    Thank you as well, SCAR. :)
    yeh, that was the point I was trying to make. $800 is a lot of money to make an uninformed investment with(at least to me).:vimp:
    I think by the 100-post mark we can safely say that shorty28898 is not so uninformed. :thumbup
    edited May 2006
    Shrief wrote:
    WTF are you talking about ??? ... 3rd gen hardware? ... Lets just get one thing strait ... I have built 3 computers (so far) ... they are up to date and running perfectly ...
    I see what the problem is here. Shrief is actually a Time traveler from the past that has come to make Airborn pay for his sins.

wrote:
    Your the **** FACE THAT started this whole war ... so dont you dare come out and say i called YOU OUT! ... I know my **** inside and out ... I don’t know how much you know or what you know but it seems to me that your looking for a good argument and that is it! .... You think you know stuff and that is ok but flaming others and trying to act modest about it isnt the way to do it ...
    Chill dog, no ones gonna eat you.
  • edited May 2006
    lloooookkss like we caann all get to an aggrreemnt pretty soon :-)
    edited May 2006
    Let me help you ignore it a little more. -Prof ;)

In the name of not being banned, I will ignore this post in hope that you will read a few post earlier that I made where I attempted to apologize to you accepted or not. Anyways. The offer still stands to help you. Truse?:rolleyes:
    edited May 2006
    In the name of not being banned, I will ignore this post in hope that you will read a few post earlier that I made where I attempted to apologize to you accepted or not. Anyways. The offer still stands to help you. Truse?:rolleyes:
    Nice! :thumbup
  • edited May 2006
    *umm...* all I can say is ****... i didnt read those past postes cuz it took me time to make that last one and go grab some munchies haha... srry about that ...

I didnt see all those last ones ... *I repeat srry about that my bad*

Truse:sweflag:
  • edited May 2006
    hah well im sure he jsut needed to et his idea in after like all of u got ointo him... anwyas drop that fact.. now my PC
    im going forthe night though
    night.
  • edited May 2006
    who are these admins lol ... let some fun into these postes :P

lets stay away from the 2x 512 ... for space purposes :thumbup
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    does that AMD setup with the processor i said seem to be fine for MB and RAM?
    Just go with the CPU I listed and save your money. The 3500 isn't fast enough over the 3200 to warrant the extra cost. The board I listed is solid as well as the RAM. I would suggest going with the 1GB kit of the same RAM if you dodn't want to spend the cash for 2GB.
    edited May 2006
    ...And thank you, too, Shrief. :rockon:

We have a truce all around. Please keep it that way. :)
    edited May 2006
    Shrief wrote:

lets stay away from the 2x 512 ... for space purpases
    The ones that will take out all involved in regard to flaming!
  • edited May 2006
    well I am off to bed ... i will check this thread 2morrow and if I find 4 pages extra I WONT READ IT LOL ... catching up was a pain in the *** ... lol ... lets keep this small ... (it has been 3 hours and we already added 3 pages *yipes*)
    edited May 2006
    Hey prof, that one post you edited on the last page, I left you a note in it, cause I edited it before you, but I think it was already on your screen the old way before I edited it so you in effect reverted it. Anyway, I changed it back to the way I changed it. I didnt really intend for anyone to read it after I read it and went omg, Im a natzi!!..

And actually, the mods are important here. That is why we have such a good comunity. Thank god the actually admins or some of the "stricter" mods havent came accross the thread, (sorry leo.):tongue:
  • edited May 2006
    LOL what ... strict mods? ... is that a bad thing or a "who cares thing?"
    edited May 2006
    Shrief wrote:

lets stay away from the 2x 512 ... for space purposes :thumbup

are you saying not to use 2 sticks of ram? if you dont use 2 sticks, how do you suspect we should run in dual channel mode?:confused:
    edited May 2006
    Shrief wrote:
    LOL what ... strict mods? ... is that a bad thing or a "who cares thing?"

It was more a thank your lucky stars that a few of the other mods didnt see the thread.:vimp:
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    You have to run two sticks of RAM on any new Intel or AMD platform, unless you want to halve your memory bandwidth and choke the CPUs.
    edited May 2006
    Thrax wrote:
    You have to run two sticks of RAM on any new Intel or AMD platform, unless you want to halve your memory bandwidth and choke the CPUs.

Unless you are like me and stuck with a s754 system that doesnt support dual channel, then, the cpu is choked no matter what. I cant wait to upgrade,
  • edited May 2006
    interesting ... so you say that it just wont work out if you put a 1 GB ram card with this platform?

and what do you mean by
    unless you want to halve your memory bandwidth and choke the CPUs.

is that even possible lol!... and if it doesnt support duel channels then we need one that does

uhh ohh ... Leo is comming RUN FOR THE HILLS ... GET OUT OF THE WAY :hiding::hiding::hiding: :smokin:
    edited May 2006
    Shrief wrote:
    interesting ... so you say that it just wont work out if you put a 1 GB ram card with this platform?

and what do you mean by

is that even possible lol!... and if it doesnt support duel channels then we need one that does

uhh ohh ... Leo is comming RUN FOR THE HILLS ... GET OUT OF THE WAY :hiding::hiding::hiding: :smokin:
    Yes, you need 2 sticks (one for each channel) for the newer AMD and Intel systems to run full throttle. You will be limited to 64-Bit memory bandwidth with only one channel but will go to 128-Bit bandwidth with both channels. The new AMD CPU's have a big advantage over the Intel chips because the memory controller in on the chip and not part of the motherboard chipset. This speeds everything a lot!
    edited May 2006
    let me try and illustrate it for you.

when you use one stick of memory, it is running in single channel mode, their are 2 memory chanels. So you are only using half of what is available, and the cpu wants to use both channels to be as fast as possible.

Im going to bed, all this bickering has got me tired, and I have to get up at 6 tommorrow for work.:doh:
    edited May 2006
    Shrief wrote:
    Yes, you really don't want to get on his wrong side. And truth be known, my wrong side isn't any better! But I do detect some improvement. :thumbsup: