DV9000t

Comments

• Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    Gravelayer wrote:
    Well I don't want the 360 :) But would like the HD DVD drive so I could play HD DVDs on my laptop and put it through to my projector :D

I'll be getting a Wii anyway :)

Thing is ordering the laptop the HD DVD was a $400 add on. It lists for cheaper on partsurfer

The 360 HD DVD player is an external addon... you don't need the 360.
  • edited February 2007
    I read somewhere that it came with both the 32bit and 64bit Vista Ultimate OS (if you got Vista Ultimate). I really hope it has the CD's.....
    Can anyone confirm this?
    Also is the 64 bit loaded?

Man the HP online and phone help is WORTHLESS!
  • edited February 2007
    No discs included :(
    You must make your own so I've got to do that.
    It was pre-installed with the 64-bit version of Vista Ultimate
  • edited March 2007
    OK this computer has 2 program file folders.

One is called just program files while the other is called program files (x86)

Now initially I figured the x86 files were the 64 bit installed items. But now I'm not sure.
    But I installed half life 2 which errored out at 1st then downloaded its own fix and stats 64-bit intall while loading (and works great now) is located in the x86
    WoW worked great right away and I've still not got 2142 running (loaded fun just won't run)

Anyway give me your thoughts on this as I'm a 64-bit noob.
  • CurmudgeonCurmudgeon The Great Northwest U.S.
    edited March 2007
    I took delivery of my 9000t in late December, and so far have no complaints - and a lot of good things to say about it.

I have done the Vista upgrade, and am trying to figure out just what Bill has gone and done to Windows.

It's different.

To say the least.

And - it is a disk hog.

So - my question arises out of my foolish attempt to economize - I only ordered a single 80 GB drive. It looks like Vista gobbled about half the capacity (about 74GB, formatted).

Where can I find a suitable, reasonably-priced second hard drive for it? When I bought it, I recall people on one of these threads, chatting about a secondary source for drives as well as the required mounting hardware.

Can somebody provide some links to one or more of these sources?

TIA

The Curmudgeon -
  • edited March 2007
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822146053

I checked out my 100GB 7200rpm drive and the link above is the exact one I have. (HUNDEREDS cheaper then through part surfer!!)
    I'm sure the dv9000t comes with the ability to have 2 hard drives (no raid :( ) so I may buy that drive to have another for more space. I'm unsure if the mounting rail is inside the laptop and am not sure I'll do it until after my 1 year warranty runs out.

Anyone else been inside one of these?
  • edited April 2007
    Hello Guys,

<O:pI'm new in this forum but trully hope in your support and assistance. <O:p
    <O:p</O:p

I had decided to buy myself DELL Inspiron E 1705 but after I read more that 10 times the whole forum hereby posted and especially the professional advises of Mr. Sledgehammer 70 (THANK YOU EVERYBODY anyway) I have finally decided to buy HP Pavillion DV9000t. I hope I have done the right decision.
    Remained just one concern in me. I have decided to buy in addition the sound card
    "CreativeAudigy 2 ZS" Unfo I do not have the right to post links.

I just cannot find out what type of PCMI card slot is inside the notebook. As you have already had in your hands that notebook can you please gude me whether the Creative card will fit to it?
    I remain obliged for your professional advises.<O:p</O:p
  • edited April 2007
    The built in HD sound is great. I'd not bother with the creative. Not sure about your card slot question as I though there was only one type of slot.
  • edited April 2007
    Also I have not been able to get 2142 working on this laptop. I've tried all the run as XP change icon to Admin yada yada things. Bottom line as far as I can tell is the GeForce Go 7600 doesn't play well with EA's 2142. Not good :(

I'm running Vista Ultimate 64 bit.
    edited April 2007
    I use my creative card to plug into my 5.1 surround sound system, which makes gaming, Music, & movies sound much better than the stock speakers on any laptop. :)

Creative Labs
    Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Notebook
    Model # SB0530
    edited April 2007
    To note the card supports 7.1 surround sound :) and here is a direct link to Creative's website http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=1&subcategory=205&product=10769
  • edited April 2007
    Thank you Gravelayer!

What you wrote is exactly what I'm afraid of i.e. may be Creative sound blaster will not work properly due to incompitability. Some friends told me that some notebooks - mostly new model of DELL have a new type of slot cards which does noit match with EA's 2142.

My question is if somebody can tell me the exact specification/type of the CardBus slot that is on dv 9000t, i.e. is it a PCMCI card or any other type (the one that DELL has)?
  • edited April 2007
    Thank you Sledgehammer.
    I checked the page of Creative and their compitability list. They do not say a word abt HP DV9000t.

Do you think HP might have started to use new type of CardBus slots or at least any ideas and what could be the problem with Gravelayer when the soundblaster did not work with him?
    edited April 2007
    Porsche wrote:
    Thank you Sledgehammer.
    I checked the page of Creative and their compitability list. They do not say a word abt HP DV9000t.

Do you think HP might have started to use new type of CardBus slots or at least any ideas and what could be the problem with Gravelayer when the soundblaster did not work with him?

I use my card in a dv8000t with no issues, as far as I know the dv9000t uses the same Motherboard and other items the only change was the CPU, and a few add features. I could install this bad boy in my buddies dv9000t and see if it works :)
  • edited April 2007
    Thank you Sledgehammer.
    Based on your words I'm purchasing the card. Hope to have no disappointments.
  • edited April 2007
    The DV9000 and DV8000 use different motherboards if memory servs. The 8000 has a different BIOS chip as well as doesnt have the HDMI port the 9000 has. I could be wrong mind you but I do belive this is the case. Also the sound ports that are intergrated into the motherboards are in different spots between the models. Where the 8000 is on the side the 9000 is up in the front.
  • edited April 2007
    Byrds6 wrote:
    The DV9000 and DV8000 use different motherboards if memory servs. The 8000 has a different BIOS chip as well as doesnt have the HDMI port the 9000 has. I could be wrong mind you but I do belive this is the case. Also the sound ports that are intergrated into the motherboards are in different spots between the models. Where the 8000 is on the side the 9000 is up in the front.

Thnak you for the suggestion. In fact I have no idea about DV8000. I trully hope that soundblaster will work with DV9000. By the way I got the following message from Creative customer service:

Qte,
    Thank you for contacting Creative Labs Online Customer Service Department.
    I see no reason why it should not work on your system. If I were you I would not upgrade to Vista since the card will not work on Vista as of yet.

Please retain all the previous correspondence when replying to this email.

Best Regards ,

Josh S. (15744)
    Unqte

I hope everything to be fine.
  • edited April 2007
    I have been unable to get Battlefield 2142 to play on my DV9000t
    According to Nvidia HP makes the 7600 Go drivers and I believe the problem is the video card not the x64 bit CPU.
    I have tried for months and nothing works. I have tried non-HP video drivers (from Nvidia)

HAS ANYONE GOTTEN BF 2142 to work with an HP DV9000t Nvidia 7600 Go Vista Ultimate x64 bit machine!?!?
    edited April 2007
    x64 drivers are few and far between, and to be honest to install the x64 version is pointless as almost no one supports it fully as of now.

I have Ultimate 32 bit and can run any game I throw at it...

It is hard to find drivers for 32bit programs let alone 64bit... I would reformat and go 32bit.
  • edited April 2007
    I would consider that but not without 100% comfirmation that BF2142 works with my laptop.
    I play a lot of games without issue.....only 2142 doesn't work. I do not want to reformat then have 2142 still not work because of the HP 7600 Go being the problem and not the x64.
  • edited May 2007
    Hi all,
    Since this seems to be the DV9000 thread, my question: Can anyone share how I might be able verify that I have the Ultra Bright View screen? HP Tech can only tell me what I ordered. I've checked the monitor setting and it just tells me that I have a PnP video driver (Gforce7600), etc. I'm looking for the words, "Ultra..." or part number, I think...
    Thank you in advance,
  • edited May 2007
    Merckyman wrote:
    Hi all,
    Since this seems to be the DV9000 thread, my question: Can anyone share how I might be able verify that I have the Ultra Bright View screen? HP Tech can only tell me what I ordered. I've checked the monitor setting and it just tells me that I have a PnP video driver (Gforce7600), etc. I'm looking for the words, "Ultra..." or part number, I think...
    Thank you in advance,
    Well there were 3 screen options when I ordered. I got the WSXGA as I wanted the 1680x1050
    But doesn't the device manager show anything? Maybe you need to download something like sisoft sandra or some other program to make sure.
    edited May 2007
    BF series has major issues with Vista... Also HP's 7600Go chip is fine, it is the drivers that have issues.

The drivers form Tweaksrus are the best ones to use currently...
  • edited May 2007
    http://www.tweaksrus.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=136&Itemid=41/
    Those drivers? They are pretty old....but I'm willing to give anything a chance!
    edited May 2007
    No these drivers....

http://www.tweaksrus.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=163&Itemid=41/

they are made for windows Vista 32 bit and 64 bit....
  • edited May 2007
    Got this from Nvidia:

Thank you for contacting NVIDIA Customer Care.

I understand from your email, that you are unable to play Battlefield 2142 on your Geforce Go 7600 graphics card.

I am not sure which driver you have tried from our website. I ask this because the drivers on our website are not meant for the Geforce Go 7600 graphics card. Display drivers for notebook GPU's are custom made for the notebook make and model they are used in to support some of the hot plug n play features your notebook supports. For this reason, the desktop Forceware display drivers which are available on our website will not work on your notebook. Hence it is correct to try the HP driver first. But since they have not worked, I request you to try

www.laptopvideo2go.com.

This website hosts desktop display drivers which have been modified to install on a notebook. Please keep in mind that since these drivers do not contain any customizations for your notebook, they may not work as well as those provided by your laptop manufacturer nor are they supported by the maker of your laptop or NVIDIA.

Please let us know if your issue is resolved.

Regards,
    NVIDIA Customer Care.
  • edited May 2007
    Gravelayer wrote: »
    Well there were 3 screen options when I ordered. I got the WSXGA as I wanted the 1680x1050
    But doesn't the device manager show anything? Maybe you need to download something like sisoft sandra or some other program to make sure.
    ok, I'll try the software route - thanks Gravelayer.
    edited May 2007
    Tweaksrus has the best custom drivers for Nvidia laptops.... trust me on this...

Also if you have a notebook Nvidia will claim any notebook will not support gaming... Unless it is a XPS or Alienware type notebook... I was told this by 3 Nvidia rep's.
  • edited May 2007
    No these drivers....

http://www.tweaksrus.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=163&Itemid=41/

they are made for windows Vista 32 bit and 64 bit....
    Attempted to install these drivers last night but it failed. Basically got a message saying the OS was wrong and that I need to have Vista installed to use these drivers.
    So because I have Vista Ultimate 64 bit these drivers must not work.
  • edited May 2007
    Gravelayer wrote:
    Attempted to install these drivers last night but it failed. Basically got a message saying the OS was wrong and that I need to have Vista installed to use these drivers.
    So because I have Vista Ultimate 64 bit these drivers must not work.
    :eek::eek::eek::eek:Doah! I tried the 32 bit version :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: I'll try the right one tonight! :bigggrin: