DV9000t

12345679»

Comments

• edited May 2007
    I just got my Pavillion 9000t.
    It was a big surprise it is equipped with PCMCIA-e card which is completely different from the usual PCMCIA cards' slots.
    Same time I have purchased my self an external <O:psound card
    "CreativeAudigy 2 ZS". which is suitable for PCMIA only.

Is there any chance any of you to suggest me how can I fit one to the other. Is there any convertors for them?

I remain obliged for your professional advises.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited May 2007
    did you download the 64bit version? i am running the 32bit install with no problems.. and others are running the 64bit version
  • edited May 2007
    Dear Sledgehammer.
    It is not a question of software. It is a question of hardware.
    It appears that PCIMCA cards/slots and PCIMCA-e i.e. express cards are different. The latter is narrower than the other.
    HP and other lap producers have already started to build their laptops with slots for express cards as they are speedier. However all add hardware is built for PCIMCA...

:confused::confused::confused::confused: :sad2: :sad2: :sad2: :sad2: :mad::mad::mad:

did you download the 64bit version? i am running the 32bit install with no problems.. and others are running the 64bit version
    edited May 2007
    sorry my response was directed at post #241
  • edited May 2007
    whatsup sledgehammer,

im about to recieve my dv9000t today with 512mb nvidia, but after reading all of this, i see that your 100% right, maybe Byrd has a problem admitting to what he has. but anyways also in the thread i read someone backing up Byrd by sayin that he used 3dmark05 and recieved aprox. 5000 score on it and says that thats so great, but the funny thing is that my cousin has the 256mb dv9000t, and his scored aprox. 5000 also. Well if both of you guys wanted to prove your points well, you guys should have has both directx and My computer properties side by side to see that the actual ram was switched. anyways just a peace of mind. But i know when i recieve it today its going to be 256 discrete. Also i will do your test, and if it comes up any different, ill post back

lata fellas
  • edited May 2007
    What a great thread, lots of good information.

A few months ago I bought a 9000, found it for a very reasonable price, and have been extremely happy with it.

Question: has anyone had trouble with the audio when hooking up to your tele via HDMI? The picture is beautiful, but there is no audio. HP online chat was mostly useless, telling me that HDMI did NOT support audio and that I would need to hook up a separate audio cable. When I countered that, the online 'help' rep disappeared from the chat. Real nice service there.

I'm running 64bit Ultimate, and I have updated to the 100.65. I've seen some other stuff on the web stating that the video driver should be rolled back to factory, but have yet to see anyone say that this worked for them.

Any suggestions from my fellow 9000 owners would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
    edited May 2007
    I don't know much about the HDMI on the DV9000 but I am sure someone else will :)
  • edited June 2007
    Thanks sledge, I'm actually surprised that nobody has replied with an answer, but alas...I have it. I feel like a bit of a dork for not figuring this out sooner, it seems that I made it more complicated than it really was.

If you get video, but no audio using HDMI from your laptop to your HD, simply go to the CONTROL PANEL and choose SOUNDS. RIGHT CLICK on SPDIF and set as default. That's it.
    edited June 2007
    I'll keep that in mind! Thanks for coming back and posting the fix :) I am sure it will be helpful to someone else having issues :)
  • edited June 2007
    I have a HP 9000dv, is it possible to upgrade to Ultra Brightview by changing the graphics card or any other means. I took it out on my patio and had a difficult seeing the screen because of the brightness of outdoors.
    edited June 2007
    the graphics card in the dv9000 is not upgradeable :( the only way to upgrade the screen is to get a new one, and HP is nice enough to charge around $700+ for that.
  • edited June 2007
    WOW!
    Thanks for the information Sledgehammer.
  • edited July 2007
    After being unable to get BF2142 loaded I bought a 2nd HD and loaded XP. BF2142 works fine now.

I bought this laptop mainly because of the HDMI connection. I have a projector and at 100" gaming is fun. I need to test XP to see if the HDMI output works as it did with Vista x64 ultimate.
  • edited July 2007
    Dear Sledge,

I finally have in my hands Pavilion dv9000t. I was so happy using it for the last 3 weeks when actually I was much more exploring the new Vista than using. I was going to write a good reference about that nice machine when yesterady disappointingly without any reason the spacebar of the keyboard got broken. Just like that ...
    :(
    Can you imagine to use a keyboard without a spacebar.
    The worst is that I got the notebook from Chicago USA but I do not live in America continents even. I'm in Europe.
    The most disappinting is that here in my country the office of HP refused to repair the notebook since it is a brand new model used in USA mainly.

Tell me please, just give me an idea how can I repair the spacebar by myself and is there any force that can make HP USA to send to Europe a spare keyboard?

Please help me as I cannot look at that machine without using it!

Thank you very much in advance!
    edited July 2007
    wow... that really sucks.

Now are you saying it just stopped working all together or the space bar broke off or something? You can try the keyboard fix I posted here a long time ago which has been helpful to many people. (sometimes things just shake loose)

http://icrontic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47607
    (images should be back online within the hour, I had forgotten to reupload them to my new server)

Hopefully that will help you.
  • edited July 2007
    Dear Sledge,
    It is a pain you know. I paid almost 2000 box for that notebook and got space bar broken few week later. In fact the one of the small thin steel disk got damaged and now when you press space on its right or left side it does not work. You must pres it right in the moddle. However when you are typing something you cannot think all the time you have to press right in the middle and it comes you wrote a whole line without spaces.
    This is really terrifying.
    I shall read all your postings you gave me.

However in case you or anybody else that reads my messages has some old HP notebook keyboard which is not in use I'm ready to pay all the mailing expenses from your place in USA to my friends in Chicago but just to have those small discs for replacement. They are so thin and tiny and I think their weight is less than 5 grams even.

Hope to hear from you in case you have any other suggestions.

P.S. Can you tell me how to switch on/off the ultra bright screen.